Missing textures at EDDH after AES installed

I.J.

Hello Oliver,

First of all Happy New Year! and many thanks for a wonderful add-on.

Just one problem. After activating EDDH one parking tower textures and all the apron textures in front of the jetties disappeared. Note that the second identical parking is still textured.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Iouri

• Developer
Hello Oliver,

First of all Happy New Year! and many thanks for a wonderful add-on.

Just one problem. After activating EDDH one parking tower textures and all the apron textures in front of the jetties disappeared. Note that the second identical parking is still textured.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Iouri

Did you try to uncheck EDDH in AESHelp to see, if the textures are back, when AES is not active in EDDH.

I did not deal with textures, so maybe it is a memory problem of the graphiccard in combination with the objects of AES. I must check that.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Yes I did. They came back. I reinstalled the scenery too - it didn't help. I have all of the available airports AES supported but EDDH is the only one where something wrong happens. Even EDDF was OK with the old installer.

I try to figure out. Could it be Scenery Germany 2? Could it be SG2 with Cloud9 EHAM?...

hi,

I have a similar problem with EDDH, the differance with me is I have compleatly lost the whole airport! All I have now is the AES scenery, with no other airport textures.

I also tried disabling EDDH in AES but for some reason the program seems stuck in the activate/deactivate with this airport.

One strange thing... its GA 3.V.1 partner EDHI also has no textures!

I have all GA - S/wings and Fly Tampa Loww airports, all the other AES airports work great.

Tried reinstalling EDDH and overwrote AES 1.10 also checked scenery config, but still no luck

Regards Nigel

Hi huskynine,

I use GA3 vol 1 too. Maybe this is a common problem of this version?

Any way, it seems to me that for some strange reason you lost some .BGL's like "eddh_fs9_objects.bgl" in your "Flight Simulator 9aerosoftGA3 Vol 1Eddh(and Edhl)scenery" folders.

And if you are unable to deactivate AES for EDDH (I have the same issue) ... Look at the DEFAULT= line in your "Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9aerosoftAESAIRPORTAESA_EDDH_GAP.cfg". AES looks for its .BGL to disable in a wrong directory 'cos we have no GA3_FS2004 folder in our FS. I wonder how AES manages to put it in the "GA3 Vol 1Eddhscenery" folder if it doesn't really recognise the GA3 vol 1.

Sorry, Oliver, some extra work for you! What a pity, everything else is just perfect!

Cheers,

Iouri.

• Developer

Hi,

ok I must check that. AES will replace the EDDH_FS9_Objects.BGL with a small different version. Can you please check, if there is a EDDH_FS9_Objects.AES file in that folder. This is a backup of the original file.

AES normaly looks for the bundle of GAP3 and if it don't find that directory, it will seach all active scenery directory for the file, defined in SEARCH of the cfg, so it could find different installations. Maybe the single GAP version is not the same as the bundle here.

Give me some hours.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Developer
hi,

I have a similar problem with EDDH, the differance with me is I have compleatly lost the whole airport! All I have now is the AES scenery, with no other airport textures.

I also tried disabling EDDH in AES but for some reason the program seems stuck in the activate/deactivate with this airport.

One strange thing... its GA 3.V.1 partner EDHI also has no textures!

I have all GA - S/wings and Fly Tampa Loww airports, all the other AES airports work great.

Tried reinstalling EDDH and overwrote AES 1.10 also checked scenery config, but still no luck

Regards Nigel

Hi,

that you lost both sceneries, could not be a result of copy the data. Can you please check, if the GAP 3 Volume 1 EDDH and EDHL entries are still in the scenery Library? Maybe your scenery.cfg is damaged, so that the entries gone lost, when AESHelp try to bring it's own entry to the top of the list.

brgds

Oliver

• Developer
Hi huskynine,

I use GA3 vol 1 too. Maybe this is a common problem of this version?

Any way, it seems to me that for some strange reason you lost some .BGL's like "eddh_fs9_objects.bgl" in your "Flight Simulator 9aerosoftGA3 Vol 1Eddh(and Edhl)scenery" folders.

And if you are unable to deactivate AES for EDDH (I have the same issue) ... Look at the DEFAULT= line in your "Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9aerosoftAESAIRPORTAESA_EDDH_GAP.cfg". AES looks for its .BGL to disable in a wrong directory 'cos we have no GA3_FS2004 folder in our FS. I wonder how AES manages to put it in the "GA3 Vol 1Eddhscenery" folder if it doesn't really recognise the GA3 vol 1.

Sorry, Oliver, some extra work for you! What a pity, everything else is just perfect!

Cheers,

Iouri.

I see, there is a difference in the GAP3 Vol.1 Version to the newer Bundle. The textures for the gate area are not part of the old version.

A solution is on the way, to bring your old GAP3 Vol1 to the newest level. standby, will be post shortly.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Root Admin

Hi,

please use the update "Update only for GAP3 Volume 1 (EDDH)" to made "GAP3 Volume 1 (EDDH)" compatible with AES EDDH.

You will find this update in our Support-Database..

http://aerosoft-shop2.com/support.php?language=en

Unzip the file "GAP3_ Volume_1_only.zip" file into your fs9-path.

It will replace the eddh_fs9_gmax_objects_LIB.BGL and adds all missing Textures.

Andreas

Guys, thank you for your promt help.

I see this fix seems to solve the problem.

But... not for me right now! I bought all my aerosoft scenery though simmarket, so the shop support will not let me register, as the list just say GA 3 2004 can not see the singles. and it just rejects my password

OH why OH why, did I not buy from aerosoft in the first place, after all I own almost every scenery they make!!

I guess this is now for me the start of a fresh post on how to get registered.

Thanks once again Nigel