Sound Problems

ianfaz

Hi

Just started with the F6 and first impressions are it's an excellent job. However, all of the sounds seem to be there except engines on ground and in flight.

I start the engines and as they spool up the sound fades to nothing. I downloaded the F6 patch for "Sound Problems" and unzipped same but no difference. 

Other aircraft engine sounds are fine.

Any suggestions or maybe I have chosen the wrong location for "FSXMainFolder"?

Regards, Ian

Hi Guys 

It still sounds as if your aliased sound files are not directing you to the master, can you physically check by opening the  Aeosoft Lightning F6_guntank ; _noOW  and F2A  "Sound"  folders , and open the "sound" cfg  file with notepad.... it should read....

[fltsim]
alias=Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound.

For the F1A it should read

[fltsim]
alias=Aerosoft Lightning F3\Sound

if it doesn't correct it and save.

Cheers

Dave R

I can confirm that the content of all three sound.cfg files (under SimObjects\Aircraft) is:

[fltsim]
alias=Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound

So I assume nothing to edit. I do not have anything for the F1A but I'm not sure I should?

Regards, Ian

I can confirm that the content of all three sound.cfg files (under SimObjects\Aircraft) is:

[fltsim]

So I assume nothing to edit. I do not have anything for the F1A but I'm not sure I should?

Regards, Ian

Hi Ian 

Has your Sound folder  in  Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank,  a whole list of wav sound files mostly named avon1-1X; avon1-1XX etc,etc (39 in all)?

NB the F1A only applies if you have th F3.

Yes it has ....BUT.... I'm beginning to think this is one of those perverse 'configuration error' so popular with FSX. For the purposes of fixing this I have restored fsx folders back to the 9th Sept and now I have engine sound  (but stuffed video). Well, when I say restored, I mean copied back over what was there.

I shall spend some time re-configuring my installation tonight or tomorrow and post back any significant findings. In the meantime I shall amuse myself with the lovely sound of engine starts, takes me back to the 70's on the pan at RAF Wattisham, now where's the smell?

Thank you for your help, sorry if I have wasted your time, Ian

Hi Ian 

No problem ... Just as long as we get your sounds right , as for the smell of burnt avpin... well I'm working on it:P.

I was at Wattisham in the 70's ... engine bay. TFF and finaly ASF... Did we know each other ?

Dave R

Hi Dave

I don't think so, might have fallen out of the NAAFI together though. I was actually on 1ACC (light heavy), the mobile radar unit and the infamous five-and-a-half hanger and Anglia Site. I did work on the line occasionally but more so on my second tour (it was my negative choice when returning from overseas!). It was a sad day when the Phantoms came in but I remember one Pengelly scaring the c**p out of a film crew on the tower during the handover phase. Better be careful or we will end up boring everyone with cold war hero tales!

As someone that writes software for a living these days I really should understand FSX architecture better :unsure: but I realise that the configuration "possibilities" must be a real PITA regards support.

Cheers, Ian

Hi Dave

As someone that writes software for a living these days I really should understand FSX architecture better :unsure: but I realise that the configuration "possibilities" must be a real PITA regards support.

Cheers, Ian

Beats me how anything works !:D

D

Mine reads correctly. Still have no engine sounds though.

Hi Ben

You said you had put the update into the root folder was this a typo ? .... the corrected files should go into the respective Aerosoft Lightning _  /Sound folder.. 

D

Hi Ian, is this the program files/sim objects\aerosoft lightning\sound?

I'm a bit of a techno twonk!

Yes your FSX/P3d/Sim objects /Airplanes/ will have three folders for the Aerosoft lightning F6 and one for the F2A, each has a sound folder in it , _ferrytank is the master and the others are aliased to it , and it is these that had "Aerosoft" left off the title in the sound.cfg file. Do you have sound if you fly the ferry tank model ? 

aerosoft how about an auto install for us non tech people for the sound and aircraft files also all my planes now appear without fuel!! coincidence!! 

An SP is on the way shortly that will address all these issues.

Cheers

Dave R

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day Gentlemen,

My first post here.  I am really impressed with the level of support from Aerosoft.  I too just bought the F-6(No F3 yet) but I have no sound.

I find the level of modeling in Aerosoft to be top notch.  I have several of the models including the Bronco, Huey, F-16 ect.  Hope this gets ironed out so I can buy some more of your aircraft.

What is a SP?  a Patch?

Hi there

Yes, there is a patch in the pipeline which will solve this ,

In the meantime if you open the sound folders for the guntank ; noOW and F2A models    and open the sound .cfg file with notepad   you will see an entry that should read

[fltsim]

if it doesn't change it and save and that should cure the problem.

Archived