Gauge resolution fuzzy

Ignignokt

Hopefully someone can tell me where I've gone wrong .

I changed monitors , had a 22" now have a 26" Samsung tv . I'm running an old rig .. 6850E dual core 3gHz/Asus Pk5E/Nvidia 8800GT (am building a new Haswell 4790K machine) and when I went to the bigger monitor I had to update the driver for the GPU (it was '09) for FSX to load correctly . Then I had to change the display resolution setting in FSX for the bigger screen to be sharper and appear correctly ,

When I went to fly the Twotter (Extended) , for some reason the gauges are fuzzy looking , but everything else looks sharp and clear . I tried different screen resolutions and fiddled around with other settings but to no avail . The stock FSX aircraft aren't showing this .

Has anyone got any ideas ? I would certainly love to hear them . Thanks in advance .

By the way , this aircraft is truly fun to fly , if I could only get the autopilot figured out ..

1. Please post a screenshot

2. Make sure that you have High resolution VC in FSX

I'll do so later today  , cannot at the moment as it will wake my sweetie . I do have the setting on high res VC .

In FSX settings -> Display -> set "Global texture resolution" to max

Finn

That's what fixed the issue !

I totally appreciate the prompt response and really love flying this aircraft around the Bahamas and Caribbean . Great work !

A couple of screenshots . The second shows just how well a Twin Otter will handle a short field .. :lol:

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• 3 months later...

Evening all,

I have only recently been affected by the issue too...? I've tried setting Global Texture Res to max and adding HIGHMEMFIX to fsx.cfg with no joy. :( 

It's only affecting my Aerosoft Airbus (A318-21) and Twotter Extended. I've recently added Accufeel but surely this shouldn't affect it?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,

George

• Deputy Sheriffs

Make sure that you have in FSX highres virtual cockpit is enabled. Also I strongly recommend you to turn off Accufeel for the Airbus, otherwise it will have a negative impact!!!

Archived