F.6 and F.3 v2.00 sounds

WarHorse47

This afternoon I purchased the F.6 and downloaded version of the F.3.  Love them all.

I discovered a problem with the sound.  Apparently those models which alias the sounds have incorrect sound.cfg entries.

For the F.6 models instead of "alias=Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound" it should actually be "alias=Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound". 

For the F1A instead of "alias=Lightning F3\Sound" it should be "alias=Aerosoft Lightning F3\Sound".

The word Aerosoft is missing from the each of the sound.cfg that alias the sounds.

--WH

Strangely even with the fixes you mention I get no external sounds from the F6. The F3 seems to work fine on that score.  As I mentioned in another post, i'm unable to download the 2.01 installer for the F6 so don't know if that fairs better. 

Ignore the above, typo on my part.

A further observation is the F6 is fuelled with basically fumes in the tank by default for me (something like 5% load).

The reason you had no problem with the F3 is because it has the primary sound folder.  If you had tried the F1 as part of the version 2.00, you would not get any engine sounds because it is aliased to the F3 sounds and the original sound.cfg was incorrect.

--WH

• Aerosoft

For people who find this issue, just unzip these files to the main FSX folder.

Lightning F3 201 update.zip

Lightning F6 201 Update.zip

A further observation is the F6 is fuelled with basically fumes in the tank by default for me (something like 5% load).

That fuel load is the fuel load in THAT tank of the aircraft that is loaded on startup. 

Hi Mathijs,

I found another one. In the Lightning F6 update file.

The files Product.cfg and Readme.txt should be copied to aerosoft\English Electric Lightning F2A_F6 and not to aerosoft\Aerosoft English Electric Lightning F2A_F6 as in the patch. There is one Aerosoft too much ^_^

The folder that contains the documentation, readme and product.cfg is called \English Electric Lightning F2A_F6 and I think the updates should also go there. Not a big deal however.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Im a little confused now.  Is the Patch from Mathijs going to fix the sound or the fuel?  Maybe both...

I cant wait to fix this so I can buy the F-3.  I want the whole family!

I'm again impressed with the level of support from Aerosoft.

Good Day All.

Maico

I was a member of your forum for 10 minutes and already I ask a stupid question.  Sorry.  I see PAGE 1 Sound fix at the top.

Maico

:P .... don't worry. we all have to learn !

Archived