An Overview of PFPX's Aircraft Template format

A couple of years ago, shortly after PFPX was first released, I produced a basic A3 pdf document outlining some of the main data and format requirements of PFPX’s .txt aircraft data files. I think it's still available on the forum but I guess it’s time to update and expand that document. I hope that this will be a help to anyone wanting to write their own performance files.

PFPX AIRCRAFT FILES EXPLAINED.pdf

• 2 months later...

Thanks Dave and Frank. Glad to be of help. I'll have to do an update soon to add more definitions, as I mentioned in the intro there's more sophistication and options built into PFPX.

Jon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Guide is very informative.  I have only downloaded templates created by other users.  I am very thankful that others understand how to do create these templates because I do not.  What I cannot figure out is how to get the template recogized in PFPX.  I placed the template here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTemplates  

Would someone more knowledgable that I help me with what I'm doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BW901 did a splendid job and it was very very nice to share his work here.

I just now begin to understand how things work with PFPX (which is superb), so I'm very naive.

I really don't fly FSX default's airplanes since my 1st payware (Cessna C441). Now I have PMDG's 777, Eaglesoft's Citation X both in the database. I bought Wilco's Falcon 7X and would like to add it to PFPX aircraft database.

Question:

1) is it possible?

2) where do I find the database file?

3) how do I collect data like AircraftTypeShort & Equipment?

Many tks

• 2 months later...

cirurgiao,

1) doable

2) that is the hard point and Dassault is shy on relasing data ... i have very good data on F50 but nothing newer ...

3) part of the 2) for some and only title for the other part ...

is there any performance coming with your falcon7x?

Phil

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Good evening guys.

I would like to know if I send performance of the legacy 450 to someone could you be able to make an aircraft template for PFPX for me please. I know it's a hard work. I tried it and failed... I'm not really good with computers. Feel free to contact me and ask anything in exchange.

Best regards and wishes for end of this nice year.

Jc

Archived