AES Basepack 1.1 has wrong file for EDDF

OPabst

• Developer

Hello,

if you have installed AES Basepack 1.1, you will may have the problem, that the Terminal 2 is missing after activation of EDDF in AESHelp.

There is a wrong file in the Basepack. Sorry for that.

Here the solution:

First, register and loggin to this Forum to see the attachment below!

Unzip the attached file to the <FSMAIN>AerosoftAESAIRPORT Directory

and overwrite the aesa_eddf_GAP.cfg file

Then Uncheck the EDDF airport in AESHelp, press SAVE, go back to the List and recheck EDDF and press save.

After that, there should be a file named "eddf_fs9_gmax_objects_LIB-AES.bgl" in the ..AerosoftEDDF_2005Scenery directory.

To prevent problems, please delete the file "eddf_fs9_objects-AES.BGL" in the ..AerosoftEDDF_2005scenery directory.

This file was wrong copied and is not needed.

Sorry for that problem.

Brgds

Oliver Pabst

To prevent problems, please delete the file "eddf_fs9_objects-AES.BGL" in the ..AerosoftEDDF_2005scenery directory.

This file was wrong copied and is not needed.

I do not have that file in the directory listed, but, that file is in the directory ..AerosoftAESAIRPORTEDDF-2005 folder.

Should that one be deleted?

Thanks.

Joe Lorenc

• Developer

I do not have that file in the directory listed, but, that file is in the directory ..AerosoftAESAIRPORTEDDF-2005 folder.

Should that one be deleted?

Thanks.

Joe Lorenc

Ok, you can delete "eddf_fs9_objects-AES.BGL" in the ..AerosoftAESAIRPORTEDDF-2005 directory too, when you have installed the fix, but it will do nothing there. You can also delete the ..AerosoftAESAIRPORTEDDF-2005scenery subfolder, it is a rest of Basepack 1.0 and contains the file, which is after unzipping the fix 1.10a in the ..AerosoftAESAIRPORTEDDF-2005 directory. So also the scenery subfolder is not needed anymore.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Hello Oliver..Sorry for not understanding...You say to overwrite this file

AES_eddf_Gap.cfg in the airport directory.Do you mean delete this file out of that directory?...Im not sure how to overwrite it if i dont have another file..Regards..TH

• Developer
Hello Oliver..Sorry for not understanding...You say to overwrite this file

AES_eddf_Gap.cfg in the airport directory.Do you mean delete this file out of that directory?...Im not sure how to overwrite it if i dont have another file..Regards..TH

When you unzip the file of this thread (you must be registered and loggedin user to see and download the ZIP file), you will be ask to overwrite this file, there you must say YES. Thats what I mean with overwrite the CFG file.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Thanks for the reply Oliver...AHH...I have to be logged in to see the download..ok..I have done that and preformed the update...everything working fine..sorry for not understanding..TH

hi guys, after downloading the file and follow the step by step instructions, Ive found out that the terminal its still missing and the only way of geeting it to display back to normal its to deactivate the airport on the aes, I think I'll have to wait untill the next base pack comes out and go on from ther, what is a shame, I just love to fly to EDDF....

Hope to see the M. Kopatz future Lisbon Scenery integrated with AES

• Developer
hi guys, after downloading the file and follow the step by step instructions, Ive found out that the terminal its still missing and the only way of geeting it to display back to normal its to deactivate the airport on the aes, I think I'll have to wait untill the next base pack comes out and go on from ther, what is a shame, I just love to fly to EDDF....

Hope to see the M. Kopatz future Lisbon Scenery integrated with AES

You can also copy the BGL file of this update direct per hand to the EDDF_2005SCENERY Directory, that should help too.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Has this issue with EDDF (see first post, announcement by Aerosoft) already been fixed in version 1.20? I installed version 1.10, and then I installed version 1.20 on top of that.

So my question is if this issue has already been solved in the new version, so I don't have to delete some file?

• Developer
Hi,

Has this issue with EDDF (see first post, announcement by Aerosoft) already been fixed in version 1.20? I installed version 1.10, and then I installed version 1.20 on top of that.

So my question is if this issue has already been solved in the new version, so I don't have to delete some file?

The problem was fixed with the update of the installer to version 1.10a

So, if you install not the first release of 1.10, you should never have this problem and never with Verion 1.20.

But please doublecheck, to prevent problems, that there is no file called "eddf_fs9_objects-AES.BGL" in the ..AerosoftEDDF_2005scenery directory. If so, delete this one, it is not needed.

brgds

Oliver Pabst