Aerosoft Flight Calculator

Before I move over from Win 7 to Win 10 I am checking all my files.  I find that I have the Aerosoft Flight Calculator PDF but the download application has disappeared.  I have found the original posts about it but the link does not work.

Can the link be restored, please?

Thank you,

Tregarth

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This product is alleged to have X-Plane compatibility, yet it appears only ton work with MS FS.

Could you please confirm compatibility, and if it does run with XP, then please instruct how it can be switched on.

Fabio

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Flight Calculator is a stand alone program. If e.g. FS9 or FSX is running it automatically connects to this FS via FSUIPC (as mentioned in the manual). No idea if this also works with X-Plane. But as it is a stand alone programm you can also enter everything manually in case it is not connected to whatever FS. Simply follow the manual and the tutorial.

And it is nowhere said that it is compatibel. What you show above simply states that it can be used, whatever FS you have.

And to turn it on simply press the "Mode"button, not the On/Off button, as this one simply closes the program.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2016 at 11:20 AM, mopperle said:

The Flight Calculator is a stand alone program. If e.g. FS9 or FSX is running it automatically connects to this FS via FSUIPC (as mentioned in the manual). No idea if this also works with X-Plane. But as it is a stand alone programm you can also enter everything manually in case it is not connected to whatever FS. Simply follow the manual and the tutorial.

And it is nowhere said that it is compatibel. What you show above simply states that it can be used, whatever FS you have.

And to turn it on simply press the "Mode"button, not the On/Off button, as this one simply closes the program.

Hi,

Sadly not.

Whilst X-Plane compatibility is shown (look at the JPG I posted), it will not connect to X-Plane.

It is not a standalone product, as it will not switch on without FSX running concurrently.

I appreciate that you took the time to try and help.

Making it a stand alone program would help greatly.

Fabio

• Deputy Sheriffs

Whilst X-Plane compatibility is shown (look at the JPG I posted), it will not connect to X-Plane.

Again it is nowhere mentiond that it is compatibel with X-Plane. Read ALL topics, not only the one you like!

Of course does it work without FSX running. I just tired it or do you see FSX running?

And nothing will be changed with this program. It was payware quite a while ago, no it is free. So take it or leave it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mopperle,

I think that you are misinterpreting my comments, so allow me make it plainer; it is a kind gesture for Aerosoft to freely giveaway to registered users a capable ex-payware product. Thank you.

Since this obsolete ex-payware program is not going to be refreshed, why not simply change the description by removing the comment that it IS compatible with X-Plane (see attached JPG)?

It's 11:40 on the 15th may 2016, and Aerosoft's description still lists that this generous freebie is X-Plane compatible when it is not, so please if not for me, just change the description for your present and future customers? It would be a good preventative measure.

Aerosoft is a quality company, and our expectations of your product and customer service delivery are set as high as they should be, and comments such as "so take it or leave it" are misplaced. For the record, I do have it installed for use with FSX.

When I next check-in to this forum, I am hopeful that I will find both product description and thread to be present and correct.

Best wishes,

Fabio

Aerosoft Flight Calculator - Free Fligh...pdf

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

2/12/2017

Aerosofts Flight Calculator looks like a neat tool, BUT, I find the enclosed instructions extremely hard to follow and difficult to understand as I read along and try to see / understand what "keys" exactly they are actually referring to. 

I use FSX Gold / Acceleration, and currently at the moment have it up on my 2nd screen, and it comes on, but doesn't pull up any actual Flight Sim information 

and the "blue" - "con" (Connected) icon is displayed in the upper right like the manual says.

seems what the manual attempts to explain and what a user actually needs to do, Differs ??? on certain parts as far as using keys for particular information.

from the git go, I never did find nor see , the (WND) & (GS)  to any corresponding LSK Key ??? isn't even shown on the diagram to the right, in the instructions ???

The manual shows :

WDR

WSP

CRS

TRS

Don't see any (WND) & (GS) next to any LSK corresponding keys as instructed .  

Clicking the "Get All" button, for in flight information pulls up Zilch, Zero, nothing  - tho I do have the Blue "Con" lighted showing its connected to my FSX / Gold Acceleration.      

IF ,,,,,, I ever get this thing figured out with all the abbreviations listed, I was thinking of doing an in depth Video on it showing how it actually works,,, but evidently that may be several months away, by the time I figure this thing out !!!!

I'll keep messing with it,,, and trying to read thru the Maze of abbreviations in the instructions,,, see what happens

Get back to ya,,,,,,,,,,, in about 6 months,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :) 

Jetranger

Archived