Svalbard Longyearbyen Mesh issue

mopperle

3 hours ago, lowi66 said:

Any news about the update?

Sorry for the big delay here! I've been away from the scene for some time and I realize it was a bit optimistic of me to say the patch would be ready Jan/Feb. Just know that the compatibility issue is not forgotten. I am working on it and I will hopefully have something ready this month, regardless I'll keep you posted! 

Thanks for hanging in there and I look forward to fixing this :-) 

Thought I'd shoot in a little information on the patch here. 

I came to the conclusion that the best fix for this was to completely redo the mesh, by redoing the mesh I mean actually including 5m resolution accurate mesh/elevation data into the scenery, this mesh covers roughly 30 000 km² / 11 000 square miles(!) of Svalbard. By doing this the surroundings of the airport will fit perfectly in with everybody's setups - as the scenery lies above whichever addon you may have. With this I'm also manually creating smoother and better looking shorelines, lining up Longyearbyen to follow the new mesh, and I might throw in some other upgrades as well. 

So in short, the patch will fix the problem people with mesh addons are having + it will add some more value to the scenery for default running users as it will now have ultra realistic terrain. The patch will of course be free. One more thing, I will at some point implement a much larger area of photoscenery, and completely remake Longyearbyen. Can't set a timeframe for that but it is on the list! Ortophoto for this area is extremely expensive. 

I've included a screenshot of before and after the custom mesh has been added to Svalbard (WIP) you'll be sure to hear it when the update is here . 

Please login to display this image.

• 8 months later...

Sorry for bringing back the old thread, but I'm experiencing major blending issues of your scenery with my sim.

I have presumably latest Svalbard version (1.02?), FS Global 2010, ORBX Global, ORBX OpenLC Europe and P3Dv3. I don't have ORBX Norway or Vector. Your scenery is at the top of my scenery.cfg. My mesh resolution is at 5m. Airport itself have no problems at all, it's just edges of your scenery that doesn't blend in. This same area looks absolutely fine without your scenery.

• 6 months later...
On 17.01.2017 at 11:11 PM, Minsky said:

Sorry for bringing back the old thread, but I'm experiencing major blending issues of your scenery with my sim.

I have presumably latest Svalbard version (1.02?), FS Global 2010, ORBX Global, ORBX OpenLC Europe and P3Dv3. I don't have ORBX Norway or Vector. Your scenery is at the top of my scenery.cfg. My mesh resolution is at 5m. Airport itself have no problems at all, it's just edges of your scenery that doesn't blend in. This same area looks absolutely fine without your scenery.

Did you solve your problem? I have the same.

On 8/2/2017 at 2:45 PM, spiritizm said:

Did you solve your problem? I have the same.

Nope, and no answer from the developers.

So I ended up using freeware version from flightsimnorway - no sophisticated mesh, but the airfield itself is even better than this one.

Archived