Svalbard Longyearbyen Mesh issue

mopperle

• Deputy Sheriffs

While the airport looks great, I have serious issues with the mesh, regardless of the setting in FSX (recommended 5m or anything else).

My setup: FSX Accpack, FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX Norway and OpenLC EU and FSGlobal Ultimate

To show what I mean:

Looks as if the buildings of Longyearbyen are going up the hill, what is definitely not the case in RL

Please login to display this image.

A smaller glich on the western end of the runway close to the shore

Wall t o the hillside and a texture problem southwest

After deactivating FTX Vector and nothing changed, so they shouldn't be the problem.

After deactivating FSGlobal Ultimate Europe every thing was OK, except the texture issue:

A solution may be from Joakims side or together with Stefan Schäfer, the developer of FSGlobal, would be nice, as with mesh active the landscape looks far more realistic. E.g. without the mesh the entrance to the seed vault is nearly at the top of the hill, while with FSGlobal it is where it should be.

If any further testing needed, let me know.

Hey Otto,

First off I'm curious of your last screenshot

[...] After deactivating FSGlobal Ultimate Europe every thing was OK, except the texture issue:

I find it very strange this is what you're seeing after deactivating FSGlobal Ultimate Terrain Europe. Have you restarted the simulator after deactivating that addon?

I've attached two screenshots, the first one from the same place as yours. I'm running FTX Norway here, however FTX NOR does not actually include mesh for Svalbard. This is what it should look like.
The second screenshot is a reference to what Longyearbyen should look like.

As for now, I have only tested proven compatibility with FTX Global and Norway for this scenery. Regarding compatibility for FSGlobal UTE, it will definitely be something I'll look into for a future update. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for coming back Joakim. The problem in the last screenshot I could solve by completely deactivating FTX Vector. Trying to find if there is a single file causing this problem.

A solution for the mesh problem would be good.

Also I have to correct my post above: additionally I run in FSX FTX openLC EU.
Happens when you switch between 3 sims. :rolleyes:

• Deputy Sheriffs

To add: the problem lies in one of the exclude files of FTX Vector, but hard to tell which one out of the 6000 files.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No you are not right:

So only problem related to FTX Vector is the last picture. The airport itself is OK, also the town with its buildings as long as you do not use FS Global Ultimate

Hi Guys,

I'm having the exact same issue. Airport is looking fine, all the surrounding is not correct. 

FTX Vector, FTX Europe LC and FTX Norway and FS Global Installed.

I have disabled all the bgls from FTX Norway for ENSB and I have placed the scenery on a layer above FTX Norway. 

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

I also can confirm a mesh problem when having FS Global 2010 active. Disabling it in the scenery library is hopefully only a temporary solution.

I too have some disappointing problems with this scenery.

From a user stand point I find it very frustrating that developers seem to create products 'as if  in isolation' from any other addon enhancement & it is not until the user out in the real world has parted with his or her hard earned cash (no matter how small) that issues that should have been flattened out (pun intended) in the development (before) release to market phase are discovered.

Firstly my system then:

p3D, ftx Global Only (with trees & Vector Road Lights), ftx Vector (with almost all sub options unticked & Arpt Elevation Corrections (AEC) run where required), FS Global Mesh.

Please do not simply blame ftx or FS Global Mesh.  I have hundreds (literally) of scenery entries on my scenery cfg - many from small independent developers which have integrated perfectly with all of these products so there is no reason why this product should not either.

Issues.

1. There is a clear elevation issue present on the airport itself on my system - ftx Vector AEC did not pick up an issue with this airport.  Some underlying mesh is clearly appearing through the scenery.

2. In addition the AFCAD which comes with the product has an incorrect airport elevation above sea level which should be 94 feet.  The AFCAD has it set to 88 feet (a difference of about 6 feet which, strangely enough is about the same distance that the aircraft in the pictures is floating above the tarmac!)

3. The NDB LON has an associated Marker - this was removed some time ago.

4. The glidepath antenna for the ILS for RWY10 is not correctly harmonised to the PAPI (none ever are on payware scenery).  The DME antenna is also in an incorrect position.  With the glidepath antenna misplaced you will not see a correct PAPI sight picture & end up low on finals.  The DME will also not provide the associated correct DME/height/altitude check.  I have provided an image of where they should be placed can provide the exact co ordinates if required.

I often wonder at all of the effort that goes into making airport sceneries only to find that the NAVAIDs to guide you into the detailed scenery often let you down, lets face it most of us don't fly into most sceneries  we buy in a trike, Cessna 152 or an F22, we'd rather choose a large 'tube liner' & run it by the numbers.

Some work is needed to make what could be a fantastic project useable. 

Kind Regards

Stephen Bell

The AFCAD, in particular the ADF & glidepath in relation to the PAPI & DME:

• Deputy Sheriffs

The mesh problem you are complaining about is definitely not a problem of the airport. I also run all FTX products in this area (Global, Vector, openLC EU and Norway) and NONE, including FSGlobal itself, interferes with the airport. Seeing your floating aircraft, it can only be a problem of either a incorrect mesh setting or you have something else installed in this area (any freeware?).

The "wrong" airport elevation might be a concession to the elevation differences within the airport itself and the unability of FSX to have slopped runways.

Looking at actual charts from Eurocontrol showing the position of the Navaids I also do not anything seeing wrong, but maybe I'm misinterpreting something here.

The marker you are talkking about is a remeining of the stock scenery. No idea if this can be excluded.

Hi Folks

A temporary solution for the houses going uphill - for people who have FTX Global installed - may be the deactivation of just one Mesh-tile file which is used for Longyearbyen and Svalbard. So you keep the rest of Europe intact and have a better ENSB.

I use FS Global 2010 (the original from Pilot's Software), but I think it may be the same file in the Orbx version called FTX Global. It's the file "DX052004.bgl" that has to be deactivated, e.g. by renaming it to ."DX052004.bgl.off". The file can be found in the "EUR" subfolder of FS/FTX Global folder, depending where you have the product installed.

Best regards, Christian

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the asnwer Christian. I only wonder why no official answer from the developpers? :(

There is an official answer in post #2. But a real solution is not done in a few days. So please be patient.

• 1 month later...

More troubles with ENSB....

Im running the full package with FTX Global, Vector, LC and FS Global 2010.

Thanks to Christian we found out that removing the DX file from FS Global 2010 solved the issue with the ground  layout, blurred textures and Svalbard city hanging in the air. but a problem still exist; 

If You remove the DX file only and maintain FTX Vector, you will have the issue seen on jpg 1, an overlaying "mountain" extend out from the land at the end og RWY28 . Not so pretty. And notice the difference in textures and undefined coastline.

(jpg 2 is with both DX and Vector)

So, after disabeling all addons i found out that ONLY If you remove BOTH FTX Vector and the DX file you'll have a perfect ENSB scenery.

No other addons interferes (in my case).

I believe that FTX Vector+Global+LC+a good mesh like FS Global 2010 is quite standard for most FSX simmers today, so a solution should enable us to enjoy the scenery together with these softwares.

Take Care

JP

Hey everyone,

Just for some clarity; the scenery was created with FTX Global(no Vector) and FTX Norway active and in mind. So with these two addons everything should work fine. It is difficult to make a scenery blend/fit universally with all other addons - as if it works for someone, it might not for others. This is why in this first version of Svalbard X, the scenery should work and show up perfectly with FSX/P3D default. The airport/apron/runway should function regardless of which addons people have active.

But here's some news. We will be pushing out an update in January/early February 2016 which will make the scenery compatible with most popular mesh addons. This will likely be done via options in the config tool. There will also be other improvements for the update. Fixing the offset localizer to RWY 28, and better looking shorelines just to name a few. 

I'm looking forward to get this one out, as my main intention is that everyone who buys the scenery enjoys it to the max. I really appreaciate the inputs and you'll be sure to hear it when the update is nearby.

All the best,

Joakim 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived