NavDataPro and FSC9.6 Network Shares

catmar1944

I was reading a closed thread http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/72873-flightsim-comander-networrk-path-navdatapro/  in which it was said to either share the FSC9 folder or install NavDataPro on the client computer. So am I to understand that's its okay to run NavDataPro on two computers. They are both on a home network in separate rooms. I tried to share the fsc9 folder but was unable to get NavDataPro to find the path so I guess I am not doing it correctly.

I have Homegroup and Network but I am unable to get NavDataPro to see any of those shares? so unless I am guided by someone who know what they are doing or I can install NavDataPro on both PC's then I cannot update FSC9.

Any advise would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Clive

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have no problem using NavdataPro installed on PC A and update Navdata on PC B. So it looks as if you didn't setp your shares correctly. But as long NavdataPro is only used by you, no problem to install it on your other PC.

I have no problem using NavdataPro installed on PC A and update Navdata on PC B. So it looks as if you didn't setp your shares correctly. But as long NavdataPro is only used by you, no problem to install it on your other PC.

That's probably true about the share Otto, I have followed paper instruction on how to share a folder I have followed youtube video's on sharing a folder but nothing works, the NavDataPro update still shows up in red, I can download the updates but cannot install to FSC9. I have updated my PMDG Aircraft and my Aerosoft A32/21 which are on my server (flightsim) pc but I cannot access the client pc where FSC9 is located. So looks like I will have to install NavDataPro on my client computer. I am the only user on these two PC's and the reason I asked if that was true is so that I could remain in honour.

Thanks

Clive

• Deputy Sheriffs

Something you should check:

When you share a drive on PC "B" and then connect to this drive on PC "A" make sure that it alwas connects automatically. But this works only when PC "B" is already running when you start PC "A". To check whether the connection works, open the Explorer and see if the share is connected.

Also make sure that you run FSC as Administrator.

Thanks Otto I have now got the share to work, my fault did not enable the share in the firewall, now it works fine, its always the simple things that is forgotten. Thanks for the help.

Clive

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived