Right MCDU blank and no displays on glareshield

Moose004

Hi all, got a small problem with the Airbus I purchased a couple weeks ago and am finally getting around to flying.  My right-side MCDU is black, no display at all.  If I click LSK1 or LSK2 on the ground I get the "ON/OFF" text in smaller font that would indicate that I'm setting options, but that's all I get.  My left-hand MCDU is working perfectly.  Also, all the displays on the glareshield autopilot and the baro pressure setting are not showing anything, like it's missing a font.  I installed it as administrator (at least I thought I did), does anyone know what font I should be looking for to get my glareshield working or why my right MCDU is dark?  Thanks, great product otherwise, having fun with it so far!

• Deputy Sheriffs

What Simulator (FSX/FSX:SE/P3D/P3Dv2) are you using and what's it's exact version?

If you are using P3Dv2 you need to manually install SimConnect. You will find the installer here:

\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect .msi

Oops, sorry, forgot to include that information.

Sim is FSX Steam Edition 10.0.62613.0 running under Windows 8.1.  I thought I'd already had to install SimConnect from the SDK for other addons but I'll go back and check to make sure.  Thank you!

So I reinstalled Simconnect and reran the Airbus installer as an administrator and I still don't have display on the right MCDU or any of the numbers on the glareshield (baro pressure or autopilot).  I have FSX SE and P3D v2.5 both installed on this system and have installed the Airbus + SimConnect on both, and have the same problem on both sims.  The left MCDU, the radio displays, and the PFD/ND/EICAS all work perfectly.

Never mind, problem solved.  I'm not 100% sure what I did to solve it, might have been the reinstall, might have been the reinstall of SimConnect, might have been the reboot.  Whatever I did, it all works now.  Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived