Aircraft instable on final approach

austrianairbus

Hello,

When approaching some airports (e.g. Fuerteventura from Simgiants or La Palma from Aerosoft) the aircraft becomes instable a few moments before touchdown and stops descending, gains about 10 knots speed and i have to push the nose down a few degrees so it continues do descend normally. This phenomenon happens on other airports too when I fly there in the same session without restarting FSX. There is no wind when this happens and default fsx weather is set to "nice weather" (schönes Wetter in the german version). I have version 1.16.

This is rather annoying :( and I would appreciate if someone has a solution for me :) 

Cheers,

austrianairbus

Hi,

does the same happen with other aircraft at the same airports/weather/time?

This could be an FSX thermal pushing you up. Keep in mind the FSX fair weather theme is made for soaring!

Austrian,

Hello again!

1. Can you tell us what you're Zero Fuel Weight, how much fuel you have (approximately) and what your speed is going across the threshold?  If I had to guess, I'd say that your speed is a little too high (but it's just a guess). The additional 10 knots is likely due to a shallower angle of attack at that particular moment.

2. Can you tell us where you obtained your V-Speeds and if you flew the approach using those speeds?

3. What was your flap setting?

4. What weather engine do you use?

I know that's a lot of information, but it will help us to zero in on the problem.

Hi,

1. ZFW is allways different between 43 and 58 tons and the issue is allways the same. Fuel is about 5-8 tons. Speeds are very low about 120-135 knots depending on aircraft weight.

2. Speeds are from the MCDU PERF Approach page.

3. Full

4. FSX default

Archived