PC Build Components list

Cause my SSD is only 128 GB.. So for not big enough for a decent FSX-installation..

Mine is now already 135GB and my FSX isn't fully installed yet :)

But I know now what to do... Start saving for a 500GB SSD :)

• Aerosoft

IF the stutters are indeed caused by loading from a slow disk, indeed. But always try to find a pattern, time the stutters. If they happen every 5 seconds you got to look for a process that runs every 5 seconds etc.

An inside tip.... if you do not disable the things on your motherboard you do not use, they can cause interrupts that are visible under the high load. I have seen very severe stutters solved by disabling a secondary network port.

Thanks for the tips!!!

The stuttes seems to come when in an airport environment, when sharp turning the aircraft over the tarmac and seeing new scenery buildings, moving gse popping up.

Far less (to no) stutters when flying above the default region when starting fsx...

That indicates it's indeed a loading problem, all of those objects that have to be loaded in an airport environment simply don't load fast enough from the disk they're currently on. This is often the case with cheap 5.400 rpm HDD's, but even regular 7.200 rpm HDD's sometimes aren't fast enough.

A 128 GB SSD is indeed too small for FSX, you definately need a bigger one. How big exactly depends on your budget, but it can never be too big.

• Aerosoft

If 128 Gb is enough depends a lot on your addons. I got FSX SP2, FS:SE, P3D v2.5 and P3D v3 all installed in one main folder and it's only 72 Gb. That gives room for many add-ons before you get to 128 gb (certainly if you install the scenery in one folder for all sims)

Archived