A318 loading errors

Hi...I have just just reloaded windows 8.1 (as I do every 2 / 3 years). I have loaded P3d back on with no problems.

I installed my A318/9 but.... im getting all kinds of errors. Firstly its unable to load around 8 wav files. when I try to bypass these errors, its

telling me im out of memory.

WTH......I never had this before.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

Please login to display this image.

AAHHH just a small update.

I have just realised.....I didn't install FSX.

This may be my issue........although strangely, P3d doesn't throw up any errors and appears to work perfectly.

What a muppet I am.

Stand by.

• Deputy Sheriffs

For me this looks like a problem with the installation of the bus. A few questions:

• are you installing as administrator?
  • is your P3D folder below C:\Program Files or somewhere else (as it is widely suggested) ?
  • what version of the bus are you installing (the latest is Service Pack 3, 1.30) ?

Hi Tom. This is totally driving me mad. I had to wipe my hard drive and re install Windows 8.1. I have installed FSX / acceleration P3d and Aerosoft A318/9.

I have never had this problem before with Win8. Only difference is it's now 8.1.

I am running P3d as administrator. P3d fires up with no errors, if I use one of the default aircraft, they run perfectly. When I pick any Aerosoft 318/9 models I get errors all over the place. It then reports I have run out of memory the shuts down. I am running an i7 k2600 with 8 g of ram.

I also let P3d and Aerosoft load with their default setting, which I have always done.

I really am at a loss with this one.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Chuck,

there must be a reason for the problem, and I am sure we will be able to pin it down.

You haven't answered my questions, so please do so to give me a more detailed understanding of what you did. 

I'm opening P3d as administrator....but not sure if I installed as administrator. There were no errors on install.

Yes the install path is under ''program files''

The download was done today from the Aerosoft site version 1.3.

I have also gone into the ''simobject'' folder and played the sound clips and sound fine. Not sure if it's only certain clips that are the problem tho.

Its only the Airbus I want to fly.....otherwise I would just pick a default p3d plane.

Thanks again.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Chuck,

please uninstall the Airbus again and install it again, but this time really make sure to install it as Administrator (right click on the installer and then "run as administrator").

Hi Tom..... just to update you on my problem. I decided to format my hard drive and start again. This has worked a treat..... everything reinstalled and working a treat.

Somehow, it must have been a bad windows install.

until the next time.....thanks again.

Rfc

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived