BeaverX last beta

• Aerosoft

Gents, we are sending the BeaverX in beta tomorrow and depending on the results a release will follow very soon. But for this late beta I like to get some new testers.

As the previous version the Beaver is intended as a simple basic aircraft, so do not expect loads of features, just a sturdy and reliable aircraft that will get you everwhere. The real strength lies in the fact we got 44 liveries and 14 different models and the fact it is very light on frames in FSX.

So if you are into complex stuff and a checklist eater, don't reply. If you like your aircraft smelly and simple and are not afraid of a bit of bad weather and snow..... Tell Shaun here and he will add you to the beta group. As always we only pick the people we think will useful. Those people are often the folks who are most active here and who we know best. So do not be offended if you are not invited. If you are invited you will see a new forum and we expect you there.

Good Day

Spending 4 to 6 hours on FSX daily, I have lot of time to try the BeaverX. I live in Canada, home of the Beaver DHC-2 and I bought the FS9 version twice (download and CD). I do a lot of bush flying and with FSX, it is lacking the amphibian version. I am a 57 years old, Canadian Forces retired serviceman.

dbrown801@videotron.ca

Blimey!! That was quick!! If any details of experience are required please let me know and I'll e-mail any info needed. I haven't been on the forum long so I'm not really 'known' to you yet but would like to help if at all possible! :D

Been using your beaver in FS9 for quite awhile. I'm running FSX now exclusively and awaiting anxiously for the beaverX. I'd be glad to help with beta testing if you would like me to.

P4 3.2ghz 2 gig RAM, ati x850xt pe

Paul Dahlen

Hey, this is not fair... First you're trying to to prevent me from even thinking of starting FSX with AES and now the Beaver is ready for filling the FSX skies. Hard decision. But feel free to get some hard times on me. My wife did not like the loud beaver in FS9 so time to give her a new challenge ;-) Searching for the old oil can again to get into the right mood...

Happy holiday season and keep up your excellent work...

Thorsten

• Aerosoft

Nick just remarked on a side channel that it is is so hard to avoid dirty jokes about this aircraft, certainly after we named it BeaverX (a joke that was lost on some of my esteemed colleagues in our German HQ). My reply was the same as when we launched the original:

"But we LIKE those jokes, everybody who makes a good one we do not have to delete gets it for free"

Hey Mathijs/Shaun,

I'd love to help if you'd like my assistance again. The FS9 Beaver is one of my favorite FS9 addons. I just got a new dual core comp and installed FSX the other day, so I am all ready to do damage. :twisted: Caveat though: I will be out Saturday thru Monday afternoon. Shoot me an email at Misha_K (at) spymac.com

• Aerosoft
Nick just remarked on a side channel that it is is so hard to avoid dirty jokes about this aircraft, certainly after we named it BeaverX (a joke that was lost on some of my esteemed colleagues in our German HQ). My reply was the same as when we launched the original:

"But we LIKE those jokes, everybody who makes a good one we do not have to delete gets it for free"

A dirty mind is joy forever isn't it Shaun? 'it" in the message means a free BeaverX.

Go on then Shaun, Mathijs? I have got plenty of spare PC power left to focus on something like a bit of Beaver - even if it is a bit of the other and not what our nasty evil minds are thinking of...

More to the point, I have something like four weeks free, on hols with nowhere to go (there was a minor foul up in the expense accounts department and the contract renewals department, so my holiday is on ice and I have nowhere to be - ver y good opportunity for me to be ver y good beta beva testa... cling to that, folks

Go on then Shaun, Mathijs? I have got plenty of spare PC power left to focus on something like a bit of Beaver - even if it is a bit of the other and not what our nasty evil minds are thinking of...

Aye but if he starts going on about Halle Berry he's thinking of beaver just not the Dhc 2.

Oh yes, joke...

Three playmates posing in front of a DHC 2 for "That perfect Beaver shot". The girls are a bit "Blonde" and the comments go straight over the tops of their pretty little heads...

Says one of the bunnies to another: "What's the cameraman doing?"

Says 'tother: "He's going to focus on that Beaver behind us"

Says the third: "What? All at once?"

How about this instead? Though I still don't see the problem with the first one. I guess I may be assuming too much by thinking that we're all adults here. :roll:

EDIT:

An 82 year old man marries an 18 year old woman, she becomes pregnant. The 82 year old man goes to the doctor to see what the doctor had to say about the wife being pregnant. The doctor said let me tell you a story about this 82 year old man I know, This man went hunting every hunting season his whole life, never missed an event. One year he got ready to go hunting and grabbed an umbrella instead of his gun. He got to the beaver pond and saw a beaver, pulled up the umbrella, and said pow pow and the beaver fell over dead. The doctor asked the 82 year old patient, "what do you think happened to the beaver?" The patient said" I think someone else shot the beaver."

:mrgreen:

Fair comment Joao, Mathijs did "ask" for Appropriate Beaver joks and commented that only the "clean enough" ones will stay and that the facourite one would win a copy of BeaverX. I am not to sure about my "Focus" Joke, but perhaps Dan's offering may also be a bit close to the knuckle. Still, I had to chortle... maybe a bit too "Bar Room" though Dan :wink:

It may be better if Mathijs and co. were to check a little more often, no? Especially when such an offer has been made...

is it hard to install that beta version? caus iam no compu nerd:P but iam real life pilot and interested in beta DHC beaver cya:)

Hello maverickNL,

A basic knowledge of the computers directories is a must, plus knowledge of using your browser to obtain download files is also essential.

I'm sorry, but since when profanity is allowed here?

Profanity, no. There is no profane language. Bar room.... yes I'll admit it is. If you guys want me to remove it then just ask and I will. :wink:

Edit: It's been changed. Though now I'm all out of beaver jokes. Those are the only two that I know. :?