We do not know of anything like that related to Win10, and as said by I think most bus drivers will use win10.

A crash to desktop without error message is most often caused by drivers btw.

What drivers can cause ctd?

Saw this reported by an P3D user. Updating his graphics drivers appeared to resolve this.

FYI:  Unless there is a specific reason for using the Full Screen mode, standard advice is to run in the Windows mode as one gets better performance. It's also better for running other programs whilst FSX is running.

Hope you find this helpful.

I don't like windowed mode. I hide taskbar, it suddenly appear when I try to look down with the mouse :)

What drivers can cause ctd?

I don't like windowed mode. I hide taskbar, it suddenly appear when I try to look down with the mouse :)

We're talking about graphics drivers.

Certainly the only one to decide what you do, is you.  I'm merely sharing the information and giving you the benefit of my experience.  Try the windowed mode and see if you get a CTD.  If you don't, it's highly probable that you need to update your graphics driver (or remove and reinstall them).

I wish you the very best!

We're talking about graphics drivers.

Certainly the only one to decide what you do, is you.  I'm merely sharing the information and giving you the benefit of my experience.  Try the windowed mode and see if you get a CTD.  If you don't, it's highly probable that you need to update your graphics driver (or remove and reinstall them).

I wish you the very best!

Thank you. I'll try :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

That shouldn't be necessary. But it might be a good opportunity for a fresh FSX install e.g. to install it some where else than the standard Windows programs folder which is for old applications like the FSX not the best place to reside in.

And regardless if you do a fresh install or not, always start FSX and all tools you have as administrator (right click on icon, then "run as administrator"). 

Sorry, my first response was via my phone and didn't go so well.

If one has the time, then Tom's absolutely correct, I'd do a full install of Windows 10 rather than a upgrade.  For me however, it would take 3 or 4 days to reinstall my FSX related software and I'd recently done a fresh Windows 7 and FSX install and I really didn't feel like going through that again so I did the upgrade.

The conversation from Windows 7 to Windows 10 impressed me. I've done Windows updates before and they were never as smooth as this was.

The only FSX related software that doesn't seem to work under Windows 10 is some Flight1 software (that "Soundstream" for me). You'll have to check their forums to see what does and doesn't work.

For reference purposes, I have quite a lot of payware and freeware aircraft, scenery and tools, and thus far everything is working with the one exception of the Flight1 Soundstream.

Hope this is helpful.

• 4 months later...

Certainly having plenty of issues after upgrading to Windows 10, but luckily enough, nothing related to Aerosoft products thankfully. Thank you for being committed to keeping your products up to date. Can't say the same about other addon publishers though:wacko:. Will continue to buy Aerosoft! B)

• 7 months later...

hi ,

My name is Rahul Rathore  , i have recently downloaded Aersosoft Airbus 320 for Microsoft Flight Simulator X steam Edition , i have windows 10 asus rog g752 laptop with intel i7 , 16gb ram , 8gb nvidia 980 graphics card , not able to install aerosoft airbus 320 , "Installshield wizard is showing an error (-5006 : 0x80070020) , attaching you the pic of error ,i have disabled my antivirus and even disabled all apps from task manager , still am not able to install it , please kindly help.

Regards

Please login to display this image.

• 1 year later...

Recently installed Windows 10 Pro and having issues with RAAS DLL then with the A320 product. I say yes to the Security messages (Run) and FSX collapses. If I say no to the messages (registering with the Security) then FSX works in vanilla out of the box mode but none of the A320's will load?? I run FSX in Admin mode. This driving me nuts. I disabled Kaspersky to see if that would make the difference but it didn't. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived