• Aerosoft

This one is interesting, but more an W10/Edge issue

Yes, MS sets EDGE as the default web browser. Now it is a nice browser (seriously fast) but it's no match for Chrome with plugins at this moment.

there is an error when installing Navdata Pro, but you can skip it.

Remember what it was about?

I did find out that I had to reinstall simconnect.msi in order to get some things working, specifically online registration of some add-ons.  I also had to reinstall drivers for my Hotas joystick and Saitek rudder pedals to get them working as they were before. Not absolutely Aerosoft related but may help out some fellow simmers. Oh and has anyone else experienced a large increase in FPS?  I am flying airbuses today to see if there are any issues.

Forgot to say this is in P3D

I had some 'problems' with the A320 series livery managers on one of my W10 installs where you couldn't drag ZIPs to the window and had to run the program as an Administrator or it would say it installed a livery but hadn't actually done so. I believe this had to do with file permissions. I've since upgraded my main OS install to 10 and haven't seen that or any other noticeable issues, although it means most FS stuff is now on a separate disk (I suppose no restrictions from the Program Files folders).

• Aerosoft

I did find out that I had to reinstall simconnect.msi in order to get some things working, specifically online registration of some add-ons.  I also had to reinstall drivers for my Hotas joystick and Saitek rudder pedals to get them working as they were before. Not absolutely Aerosoft related but may help out some fellow simmers. Oh and has anyone else experienced a large increase in FPS?  I am flying airbuses today to see if there are any issues. Forgot to say this is in P3D

I see an increase of 5% in FPS across the board. Not really important but certainly significant above a statistical abberation. 

Upgraded to Win 10 pro and so far, I'm not seeming any major issues. All my Aerosoft products are working fine (and I have a lot of Aerosoft products). 

Two things do stand out. 

1. Seeing increased smoothness at lower fps

2. One of my Saitek TQ's wasn't powering up on startup. Changing the power management settings solved that. 

Jess B

I see an increase of 5% in FPS across the board. Not really important but certainly significant above a statistical abberation. 

Mathijs

For me the increase means that I can fly A320s & NGXs into Aerosoft Mega EGLL and make a nice smooth landing at ~ 17-20 FPS whereas before I was regularly getting 10 and below.   This is with ORBX FTX and ASN with REX textures all set to medium.  Looks very nice.  I hope this doesn't jinx me now and I slowly go back to the pre W10 performance! 

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning, there seems to be an issue with some font corruption in windows 10 when upgrading from previous versions.  This is affecting Aivlasoft EFB.  Fonts impacted are:

AirbusPFD.ttf
AirbusPFD2.ttf

The only way to make EFB work is to remove these fonts (therefore not being able to fly the Airbus).  

Jose

• 3 weeks later...

A generalized problem with a recent windows update and an overall issue in windows 10 with any old games using Macrovision Safedisc, which includes FS9

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/september-2015-windows-updates-kb3086255-breaks-many-games.1155534/

In the Avsim forum, somebody provided the following information:

If your FS9 still requires CD 4 to be in the drive, it will fail on load with that update (it is an anti-piracy Windows update that causes the CD 4 requirement to fail).  You can either remove that update (which makes you more vulnerable) or find a way to patch FS9 so it doesn't need the CD anymore (you'll have to search, cannot be mentioned here).

• 2 weeks later...

Like it had mention, windows 10 for me raise up frame rate around 5-10 fps.

But for me, the problem appeared yesterday on AirbusX Fuel Planner program. I couldn't run it. Windows informed that .net framework was timeout error, also that the program wasn't appear, I saw that the program still run in task manager.

I tried to use many solution like reinstall .net framework which the error appeared to be v2.50727, I also reinstall airbus software (Aerosoft A320/321 product) nothings work.

Also problem with activation for FSPS Multicore Environment Advanced has the same problem too. 

At the end I find out that with the new windows update (I don't remember from which update, I remember only that it was update on the beginning of September 2015), I have to change "Compatibility mode" to "Windows 8" for AirbusX Fuel Planner and activation for FSPS Multicore Environment Advanced. Then both program work again. Actually before this update, both programs worked fine. I don't know what cause this problem but I take almost the whole day to find out the solution :D

edit = add more issue

I found another RAM issue. Windows 10 without any program running, use 1.4GB - 1.6GB of RAM.
I would like to suggest for some people who has low end laptop as me to upgrade RAM into more than 2GB on FSX:SE with Windows 10

• 4 weeks later...

I updated to Windows 10 yesterday and cannot install any Aerosoft products.  I have the products listed below and when the InstallShield Wizard tries to find the folder it defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and when I browse and find Flight Simulator X, I receive the error attached.  Any assistance would be great!

• Aerosoft - VFR London X
  • Aerosoft - US Cities X: Indianapolis
  • Aerosoft - US Cities X - Los Angeles
  • Aerosoft - Manhattan X

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Alex,

in the other topic you posted this problem in you left me with the impression that you are using P3D as the original opener of the topic and saying "I have the exact same problem". Here it looks like you are trying to install into FSX. 

So please give more details about your system.

I`m running FSX Steam Edition with windows 10. Regarding Payware Addons I can say, that there is a satisfactory compatibility between Aerosoft and my OS and the sim. Airbus family runs great, PMDG 777 no problem. Aerosoft Mega Airports are working fine. The only addon I´m missing is AES. So I had to buy GSX for steam. Yes, I know..it is because of this "virtuali" software.

Hence OS win 10 is running well with the sim.

But I have some other issues with the new OS. For example the Power management has strange behaviour. If I want to shut down the pC, win 10 will restart my PC often. But not allways! I am sending my PC now to sleep, when shutting down. That works well and power consumption is very low.

greetings to all Flightsimmers.

Axe(l)

• 3 weeks later...

I meant the "Vistamare" modul, which is not compatible with steam edition. AES is the only thing I´m really missing, because of the exact jetways movements, which aren`t possible with GSX.

• 2 weeks later...

At this moment we got unfortunately no new information on possible compatibility with other sims.

Hi Mathijs;

I've got an issue with Airbus on W10

I encounter ctd without error message. Mostly, changing full screen to windowed or vice versa.. I've never faced with other crafts (like ngx, 777 vs.) before.

Formerly, disablepreload 1 tweak caused this. After deleted it, other crafts work properly but Airbus doesn't..

Saw this reported by an P3D user. Updating his graphics drivers appeared to resolve this.

FYI:  Unless there is a specific reason for using the Full Screen mode, standard advice is to run in the Windows mode as one gets better performance. It's also better for running other programs whilst FSX is running.

Hope you find this helpful.

Archived