A Slightly Different AES Glitch

IanP

Hello folks...

I've got an oddity with AES (Basepack + Airports 1 installed) where the ctrl-shift-w key combination appears to do nothing. No menu options, nothing. It was assigned to a view function by default, I believe (which I cleared in FS9 assignments because I used to use the key combo for something else), but now is assigned to nothing at all.

The pushback, marshaller and gates work perfectly at GAP2 EDDV, MAF EDDF and MS default EDDN, if I use the pink line or charts to taxi, but I cannot access the window for the Follow Me car and cannot reset the gates if I switch aircraft after the gate is connected to the aircraft.

I have tried so far:

- ensuring that I am on a taxiway at an airport where AES is enabled (rule out the obvious first! ;)) in an aircraft recognised as standard by the package (default 777-300, PMDG B737-600 and PSS 757-200RR set up by myself through AESHelp have been tried so far),

- resetting the key combination back to the default setting (it opened a new spot window as I'd expect it to - no AES Windows though)

- disabling and re-enabling the airports in AESHelp,

- reinstalling the basepack,

- checked that the files are in the right place (they must be anyway, otherwise everything else wouldn't be working, at a guess...),

- confirmed that AES is top of the scenery list,

- confirmed that all the EDDV and EDDF files are together in the right order further down the config file (they're actually down at 83-87, but placing EDDV immediately below AES at 2-4 had no effect),

- Disabled and re-enabled the scenery files (Not tried reinstalling them yet, as I'm not sure how this could affect the operation of AES?)

I've run out of ideas at the moment. Does anyone else have any?

Cheers.

Ian P.

• Developer

Hi,

please check the Key assignment here:

- VistaMare in the Main-Menu line

- then change Key Assignment

- you should see Application "ViMaCore" and Function" "Cycle transp..."

- The look or reassign the keys

The FS keyassigment is not relevant, but i did not know what happens, when a FS keyassignment is given to the same keys.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Thanks Oliver,

I had actually looked there, during my investigations, but I was looking for specifically AES functions rather than seeing that one.

For some reason, my "Cycle transp. interf. windows" option was set to ctrl-shft-q rather than w. I've reset it to ctrl-sht-w as ctrl-shft-q actually clashes with FS Cargo's "Fine move up" function.

...and a quick test shows that everything is now working perfectly. Wonder how that got changed? :?

Thanks again.

Ian P.