Tutorial for custom sounds in FS2CRew?

Kareem

I have FS2Crew with Airbus Extended and i want to add my own custom audio to FS2Crew.

But I do not see where the instructions are to do this. Anyone have this or can point me to it?

I'm using P3D.

Hello,

adding custom sounds to FS2Crew is not possible.

Really? I thought I saw a folder called 'User PF' No?

Overwriting one of the wav files with one of my own should work, no?

Just to be clear, you mean the FS2Crew Flightcrew addon which you have to buy seperatly, not the First Officer simulation that is integrated in the Airbusses right MCDU, right?

The voices of the simulation in the right MCDU you can change at your desire by replacing the files in the folder you mentioned.

The voices of the FS2Crew simulation you can not change.

Hmmmm....   maybe I'm confused on what came with the Airbus Bundle. I saw where a "free, fully functional FS2Crew RAAS" is included in the package. I thought I could at least redo a few wav files and replace the existing ones with the ones I made.

Maybe I dont have this completely understood?

That folder belongs to the Airbus, not to FS2Crew ;)

So that is not  "FS2Crew RAAS" files?

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you can see from the path that folder belongs to the Airbus

• FSX-P3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Sound_ASC\US_PF\

and the FS2Cew RAAS product

• FSX-P3D\RAASPRO\SoundSets\

As you can see, that folder does not contain WAV files, therefore you can't modify anything.

FS2Crew RAAS is the runway awareness and advisory system, announcing the runways when approaching them.

I have the impression that you want to change the voices from the PF and PNF (checklists), right?

As you can see from the path that folder belongs to the Airbus

• FSX-P3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Sound_ASC\US_PF\

and the FS2Cew RAAS product

• FSX-P3D\RAASPRO\SoundSets\

As you can see, that folder does not contain WAV files, therefore you can't modify anything.

FS2Crew RAAS is the runway awareness and advisory system, announcing the runways when approaching them.

I have the impression that you want to change the voices from the PF and PNF (checklists), right?

Oh, I thought all the cockpit voices of the PIC and FO were driven by the FS2Crew. Now I can see that they're part of Aerosoft Airbus. I also did not know that the RAAS was the run way callout feature. Thanks for clearing that up.

The goal is to change the Cabin Safety announcements from the default one to one of my own (another wav file.). Perhaps change a few other voices or audio files.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't have any manual for all the announcements, but you can either try to find the relevant wav files from their name or listen into them until you find the one you want/need to change.

Hi Kareem, keep in mind, that if you change a few wav files with your own voice, they dont fit with the others. So you have different people talking. Well maybe thats not important, but it could disturb your overall feeling. Do you know, that you can change the Pilot/Copilot Voice region? You can easy try different voices in the airbus config settings.

Hi Kareem, keep in mind, that if you change a few wav files with your own voice, they dont fit with the others. So you have different people talking. Well maybe thats not important, but it could disturb your overall feeling. Do you know, that you can change the Pilot/Copilot Voice region? You can easy try different voices in the airbus config settings.

Yeah, I knew I could change the region. I just wanted to change the safety announcements audio with my own.

Just to add that Volume 1 of the manual ( which ofcourse everyone reads ) contains a complete list of all the cockpit crew " sounds " .

This will show me how to change the safety cabin announcements?

The only speech that you can change are the ones in the list in Volume 1 of the manual ( i.e. the interaction between the pilot and copilot ) . I am not aware of any safety announcements ( as given by the flight attendants ) .

The only speech that you can change are the ones in the list in Volume 1 of the manual ( i.e. the interaction between the pilot and copilot ) . I am not aware of any safety announcements ( as given by the flight attendants ) .

There is a cabin announcement during taxing to the runway. 

There are two comments regarding the flight attendants and certainly no " safety briefing " .

70 ASC_PF_FaPrepLnd Flight attendants – prepare for landing!
71 ASC_PF_FaPrepTo Flight attendants – seats for takeoff please!

There are two comments regarding the flight attendants and certainly no " safety briefing " .

70 ASC_PF_FaPrepLnd Flight attendants – prepare for landing!
71 ASC_PF_FaPrepTo Flight attendants – seats for takeoff please!

Search for this file: ASC_CC_Safety.wav       

So you've found the file you want to change?

I changed that and it didn't seem to work. I've done this sort of file manipulation before in other games and it works well. Sometimes, the file format might be an issue. So, I'm not sure if the format of the wave is what's causing problems. Perhaps I need to resample it or something. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

As long as you fetched the correct file in the correct base folder (A318_A319 or A320_A321), create the new file in the same format (22kHz, stereo) and also test it in the correct bus I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

As long as you fetched the correct file in the correct base folder (A318_A319 or A320_A321), create the new file in the same format (22kHz, stereo) and also test it in the correct bus I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

One would think so.

But I do have one game that uses wav audio files and unless they're in a specific bitrate, they would not play within the game. Strangest thing. I will try again tonight and report back.

Archived