Fuel planning manually?

I can enter Extra Time/Fuel but either way, that aren't the reserves itself, nor can I enter the trip fuel, or am I stupid?

I can enter Extra Time/Fuel but either way, that aren't the reserves itself, nor can I enter the trip fuel, or am I stupid?

No I don't think you are stupid. You pretty much got it right. You can make minor changes in trip fuel, taxi, and reserves by changing fuel bias and drag, taxi time, and fuel policy. But as far as up and entering 85000 lbs. for trip fuel and 12000 lbs. for reserves, I don't believe it can be done. You have to go with what PFPX spits out.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why would you need to change the trip fuel? It's what PFPX calculates you are going to need based on the plane, route and weather conditions. If you are not happy with that value you can load any other value into your plane.

But PFPX really gives you quite a lot of configuration possibilities within the aircraft template in the aircraft database.

Please login to display this image.

Hey Tom, thanks for the instructions, and I really use the PFPX Fuel configuration all the time. But I'm flying for Virtual Ryanair and they always suggest how much fuel to take, and its always shorter than the PFPX load, and as it is Ryanair I want to take least as possible fuel onboard. Is there a way to configure a Fuel Planning Template like ICAO and EU-OPS are? so that I can really plan everything by myself?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Don't you have already full access to everything by manipulating the performance adjustments?

What is it, that your Virtual Ryanair is using for planning? Do they give you any hints based on what numbers they do their calculations? I am sure they can be transferred into proper percentage values for the above form.

Hey Tom, this is what it'd look like on a flight from EDFH-EGSS 

Suggested Fuel Load:
Taxi Fuel: 249 kg
Trip Fuel: 2808 kg
Reserve Fuel: 1581 kg
Total Fuel Load: 4638 kg

, to answer your question, no not really, I mean sure I could just enter it in the PMDG 737 FMC but I'd like to put it into PFPX too

• Deputy Sheriffs

To brake it a little bit down: you want to take the numbers from a flight planner A and want to put them into a flight planner B to get them displayed on the OFP of flight planner B. Right?

This sounds a little bit weird to me.

PFPX generates really good numbers. Please read the following review and see how good it is compared to a real world flight planning software:

http://www.simflight.com/2015/07/24/professional-flight-planner-x-as-real-as-it-gets/

Who tells you, that the numbers from your RyanAir VA are really good? I mean, ask them what tool they are using and most importantly ask on what base assumptions they are doing their calculations. Afterwards transform those assumptions into percentages for the bias fields of the above screenshot and I am sure PFPX will give you similar or even the same numbers.

But there is no way in taking the results of a calculation and putting them into some kind of software to figure on what parameters they were calculated. It's like trying to restore a huge formula from it's result.

Good evening,

I am like Tom, a bit puzzled by your request. You give the following figures:

Suggested Fuel Load:
Taxi Fuel: 249 kg
Trip Fuel: 2808 kg
Reserve Fuel: 1581 kg
Total Fuel Load: 4638 kg

What about the cont. fuel, the fuel for the altn?

Now something else: your VA gives you somes figures but what is the date, the time, the winds, weights, FL, ISA deviation ...?

So many parameters that you have to enter for each flight so I do not thing the VA can give you all these informations each time you decide to do a flight, or else they provide you with a full OFP updated permanently which I doubt.

Regards,

JP

By no mean I did want to say that PFPX generates bad numbers or something. And you guys are completely right its just the stuff that is listed there, no altn fuel or anything, it's just that I wanted to take things into my own hand, nothing more :D 

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can take things into your own hand, no problem with that :)

It's just a little bit more complex than it looks in the first sight.

Archived