How do you like the new forum?

Hi again,

I hope this is in the right place but I'm having a few problems on the new website.  The first attached pic  was the screen I received on clicking the Downloads tab. The second pic shows 0 results from my search but there are pages of them in the list and pic three is what I get when I click on any of the download files at the moment.  Any clues as what may be happening here?

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the closure of threads a new functionality added to the forum in last upgrade ? If yes, I have a suggestion that threads should be closed for discussions/responses in consent with person who raised it and not by support staff themselves assuming that they have answered in entirety. It is possible that the answers provided might not be entirely satisfactory and that some more discussion is possible. Sufficient deadlines should be agreed on either sides for responding back depending on nature of the item.

On the same hand, people also should take responsibility to have the threads closed as soon as they are satisfied and that common ground has been reached so that it does not look bad on Aerosoft internal report (No support team like aging items and moreover reopening of old items !).

• Aerosoft

They are closed automatically after a few weeks of no activity. That's done to prevent these post to stray off topic.  Closing them after discussion with the poster is simply impossible, we get over 300 new topic a day. Besides, many people are just not satisfied when we say something is not planned or not possible. 

This not new behavior btw, has been like that for almost 2 years.

May I bring some example to your attention. Please take a look at below thread. It was closed for any discussion immediately after support staff responded yesterday. Please do not treat this as an escalation, it is only an example. 

I think more details should have been provided on how can we feel the built-in friction effect and sounds on an Aerosoft bus (is there any specific setting etc etc). That was going to be my next question. However topic was closed for discussion instead.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Praayog,

please let me put your initial problem into simple order:

Product A is not compatible to product B. So you can't use them together. The manufacturer of product A already told you that there is no way of getting that fixed in product A. And therefore it makes sense to close a topic in their forum.

Why would you think it is still a valid idea to continue to ask the manufacturer of product A for a solution? Wouldn't it make much more sense to instead go to the manufacturer of product B and ask them if they see a chance for a solution?

Thanks Mathijis, yes closure timeline was one of the points, the other being single handed closure.

Hi Tom, good morning. I never disagreed any comments given there. There is some misunderstanding. If Accu Feel is not compatible, its not ! Need to move on. And no suggestion was made by me on to ask solution or fix by Aerosoft alone (this can altogether be a different discussion). It was confirmed that Aerosoft bus itself has good friction effect on ground (on which I wanted to continue to understand). Sincerely I did not observe any notable effects myself. (AccuFeel had been turned off completely already). The last comment given on that thread was -

//

This is true, AS Airbus has it's own friction effect.

//

Could we not have continued to explore on how can I experience that ? It is possible that I might be missing something or doing something wrong because of which I am not able to experience that effect. How would I know without information?

Apologies that we literally discussed that thread here when it was not my original intention nor the subject of this very thread.

I Hope I was able to convey properly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I was the one who closed this topic and I will explain in a bit, no time now, why I did so to give you guys an idea what else is going on in the forums.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Alright Praayog, I will now tell you me side of the story. You started this friction thread on the 11th of June. You got your answer from Otto on the same day. I guess you found it incomplete and even down voted him. (which is your right and fully ok).

On the 16th of June you posted again and stated this (among others): "I have a feeling that I am probably expecting too much after it was confirmed that Aerosoft busses have their own friction effect on ground. Please let me know if that is the case, so that we can close this topic." This is you asking for closure of the topic concerning ground friction effect. After that 6 weeks of inactivity. Now I feel that you have a totally different view on ground friction then I (we) have. It is simply the friction between the tires and the surface. The flight model for taxiing so to speak. It is no bump, rattle, sqweak effect. The Airbus does not have it's own "accu feel" box of sound effects that are dependant on numerous parameters. We have made a sticky about this incompatibility with Accufeel and it was already highly discussed in the forums.

But this was not the reason why I decide to close the topic. After 6 weeks of inactivity in this topic, which made it to page 3 of long lost topics, Rawadah posted that the Airbus worked without Accufeel but of course the accufeel effects were lost. He then continued to talk about how Ezdok and Opus FSI do have some of these effects and it works for him. Now you have to understand that this an AS forum and talking about other people products is somewhat tolerated but in my eyes it does not belong in a support thread. 

This is how you replied: So it is something like EZDOK? can you please share some video/link on opus fsi camera ? Could not find any good video on that over youtube. And by the way, how does weather engine preform with opus fsi?

And here is the reason why I decided to start deleting posts and close the topic with the answer that the Airbus has it's own ground friction. With this question you were not seeking support from AS anymore and the topic was about to mutate in an opus/ezdok/weather engine debate. We sheriffs and mods see this happen all the time, and to keep the support side of the forum "clean" and "easy" to use for people seeking support, we start to moderate. 

There are some lax rules that should be adhered to when participating in these forums. One of them is not to hijack topics (like what was about to happen here). We are here to support and govern and it does not make it easier for all if old topics get "active" again with other themes. We have to keep tabs on them all and we can only do a somewhat good job if it stays manageable. 

Every member of this AS forum is free to post new topics or sent PM's to other users with questions they have. If some topic gets closed and you feel you have not received your answer yet then open a new topic. But do understand, like already stated above by Mathijs, that sometimes the answer is clearly given and we will not spent more time trying to answer it again. It costs a lot of time. I for example was not able to beta fly the CRJ and SP4 Airbus at this moment to answer here. 

I hope I could have shed some light on how this process worked and why sometimes posts are deleted by us or topics closed. Feel free to ask all the questions you have about Opus and Ezdok in the general forum. That is why we have one. But please do not clutter the support section with such questions.

I guess "flat look" is back in if you go by Microsoft's recent OS's as a "vision of fashion".  Personally I'm not a fan of the flat look as it removes key visual cues as to what is enabled/disabled and what currently has the focus.

Flat is a mobile device solution not a desktop solution.  Windows 3.1 was "flat" ... but I guess it's more like fashion over form ... retro 70's look came back "in fashion" ... maybe if I wait long enough all my 80's clothing will be back in fashion ..

Rob, as ever, you stated it in words better than I ever could.

The BBC website has also gone this way.Now, to see if my cords still fit me :)

Hi,

Too much "aerial" presentation, I mean very large blank zone and doubled line feed that make little number of topics showed (I use a 27" widescreen) and force to move eyes a lot to read the forums.

It is difficult to go quickly to the new topics, I mean to jump over the pinned ones because the line is grey as the topics: perhaps just changing its colour could be more evident.

Please, excuse me if this has been previously commented.

Otherwise, it's good (no bad criticism from me).

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

I Haven't been on the forums in a long time

it has a more modern and fresh look to it which is good 

PS i'm glad that the forum notifications have stopped flooding my email inbox and now appear as notifications within the forum.

Archived