Airbus Crew Sounds Muted on Lost Focus

Hello,

although I disabled the option "Mute On Lost Focus" in the Prepar3d settings (and restarted Prepar3d afterwards), I still cannot hear the airbus crew sounds while the Prepar3d application does not have focus (only engine sounds can be heard).

That's really bad as you e. g. don't notice if a new checklist starts while checking something on a different application window.

Any idea on how this issue can be fixed?

Thanks in advance

Andreas

P. S.: tested with version hotfix version 1.30f.

Yes, that's really an annoying bug:
sometimes you just wanted to note something or create an "own" checklist, but while switching to another application you don't hear anymore what the crew is talking about.

So I really hope there is a fix for that soon!

Or did we miss a special setting we need to change to make that working correctly?

• 1 month later...

BUMP !

yes, and not only the crew is missing, all the nice cockpit sounds go silent if FSX lost focus !

...it is realy immersing killing that the sounds get muted just because you have to look on the electronic charts from time to time, especialy on the groud (iam not talking about the engine sounds, as i use a special payware tool (Flight1 "Sound Stream") to hear FSX sound while it is not in focus).

would it be so hard adding an option for not muted cockpit sounds in the configurator ?

...i mean with such more or less little work, we would get a so much better immersion !

This is a problem with P3D/FSX. It only plays the sounds generated by its own soundengine and not by other modules like our Aerosoft Sound Module.

Other addon aircraft which have their own soundengines (PMDG (all except for the 777), iFly, etc.) all suffer from the same problem as it is a flight simulator bug and not something caused by the addons.

it is no FSX bug...

it is intendet by default, as i allready wrote, i use a special addon that changes that for all sounds that use the fsx sound engine like wind or engine sounds.

as Aerosoft play the Airbus cockpit sounds using its own sound engine/control-enviroment (via .dll ithink) the sound engine and control is outside FSX sound engine and control, the benefit then is that Aerosoft can descide if the sounds continue playing if FSX is out of focus or not.

edit: here is the link of my request for the PMDG 777, they managed it: http://www.avsim.com/topic/419680-req-pmdg-777-sounds-continue-playing-if-fsx-is-not-in-focus/#entry2784980

You use Flight1's Sound Steam I assume, but that does nothing different than playing the FSX internal sounds while FSX is not focussed.

P3D actually has that feature build in, that's why I was refering to it as FS bug. Actually call it a bug in Sound Stream then for FSX lol

Yes, PMDG programmed around that by inserting an option in their module that it plays the sounds when not focussed, however the 777 costs 90$ (135 for P3D) while our Airbus costs 30 and includes versions for both sims...
The difference in the price gives PMDG possibilities for experimenting with such things which we do simply not have unless we would raise the price of the Airbus which we don't want.

And actually you won't find another addon with a custom soundengine which also has this feature of the 777. Not even the NGX for 70$ has it while it still costs twice as much as our Airbus.

ohh calm down...

its nothing more than a custumer wish, not realy important, and maybe even not worth forwarding it... even if the expense is easy doable.

...at least it tells me what to expect.

Thanks for your assistanse... and thanks for the headup, i continue flying my PMDG 777, man what a mess, i shouldnt have purchased this Aerosoft product, even when it comes with CFD.

ps: "You use Flight1's Sound Steam I assume" ...i just thought what, this guy does not even takes the time to read my posts <_<

P3D actually has that feature build in, that's why I was refering to it as FS bug. Actually call it a bug in Sound Stream then for FSX lol

...for me it seams that you may not be qualificated or informed enough to discuss things about this problem.

...on the other hand, you could have asked the dev`s how difficult it would be while getting enough information and after that speaking with the customers.

ps: a new feature of "P3D" is not meaning it become a bug for "FSX", "F1 SoundStream" is not responsible for external cockpit sounds from a third party addon product.

Archived