A319 taxi speed problem and braking

ad320

I've noticed that when I taxi with throttles up to 10 the A319 speeds down the taxiway and when i try to brake/slow down it takes it a while even with throttles on idle, Also when i do have the engines at idle and I've taxied a bit the A319 still taxi's with a bit of high speed.

The braking isn't good on the bus either to slow the aircraft down more.

Hi,

Just to ask a few questions about your issue- What do you mean by "throttles up to 10"? Also, are you using hardware rudder pedals for braking, a joystick, or just your keyboard?

In real life, especially with a light weight and both engines running during taxi, aircraft like the A319 actually do want to go fast and you have to hit the brakes every so often to keep it in check. This is of course just an FYI, it sounds like you may have a hardware braking issue that isn't normal, the aircraft will stop on a dime if you hit the brakes.

Using Black widow joystick and the throttle is not even up to the first mark on it but when i brake it doesn't slow down quick like in the A320.

Using Black widow joystick and the throttle is not even up to the first mark on it but when i brake it doesn't slow down quick like in the A320.

The majority of the time your throttles should be idle during taxi. You should only need thrust to get moving from a standstill or to speed up if you need to. What happens if you press and hold the period key on your keyboard when you taxi? It should stop quickly and normally. Try that out to see if it is just a problem with the button you use to brake on your joystick.

Archived