Vatsim radio frequency not working

I am flying on vatsim and controller asks me to contact eg LON_SC_CTR 132.600 but my radio frequency stays at 128. And after the dot the numbers change but not too a frequency I need

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, then tell me a little bit more about your system:

• what sim (incl. version)
  • what airbus (incl. version and installed hotfix

Does your mouse wheel works well every where else, like the FCU?

My sim is FSX SP2

Airbus A318-A321

version A318/A319 1.30

Version A320/A321 1.16

Don't think any hotfixes yet

Mouse works when you scroll on the wheel but it just stays in 128.000+ it doesn't go below it or above 128.

vpilot is what I use, I can only move the last three digits in the com which its usually at 128.(and then the numbers)

I think this is a vpilot problem.

VPilot need to be the active window to catch e.g. a push to talk (unfortunately). Easy work around: set a joystick button to ptt...

Flo

I have a button assigned, its the com radios that don't scroll up nor down the first 3 digits but its always the last 3 that do

Yes, if it happens in all aircraft it is most likely your sim or vPilot causing it.

I'm not the vPilot developer so I can only guess here, but probably a simconnect issue could be the reason for the issues.

Try reinstalling the SP2 of your FSX (not the whole sim) and see if that fixes it.

I did last night by repairing FSX then uninstall and re-install SP2, on my flight earlier it finally moved to 134.300 but never changed which I don't know how I got it to move... it seems to be the first 3 digits e.g. 128. never change but the last 3 do change

nope it doesn't work with/without vpilot its the first 3 numbers that never change but after the dot the last 3 numbers change

• Deputy Sheriffs

So without the vPilot client you don't see a different behaviour? You see the problem not only in the Airbus but also in a lot of other add ons, right?

When you did the repair installation and re-installation of SP2, did you do that as Administrator?

No not as an administrator as I didn't have the option and yes it seems to be like it in different addons I have, what should I have press or turned on when contacting vatsim ATC In the Airbus

• Deputy Sheriffs

If the problem is in *ALL* your add ons, it makes no sense to search for it in just one of them.

So, again the question, without the vPilot client running, are you able to dial in the the frequency in the COM panel of the bus?

thank goodness!! finally got it, I didn't know to move the left three numbers it was the bottom of the wheel and to move the right three numbers it was the top. Thanks for your help, appreciated

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad you found it. That's what I actually wanted to check with my first answer ;)

Excerpt from the manual:

post-92344-0-01098300-1436472663_thumb.p

Archived