airbus x hotfix install help

rb120134

Hi,

I have a little bit of trouble installing the hotfix for the airbus a 320, the instructions say:

Installation
  1. Close FSX/P3D.
  2. Reboot your system
  3. Login with Administration rights
  4. Unpack the attached zip to a folder on your system. You will find two folders, FSXMainFolder and UserFolder
  5. Copy the content of the FSXMainFolder to your FSX/P3D main folder.
  6. Overwrite all existing files.
  7. If you are NOT asked if files can be overwritten you are most likely not copying to the correct folder.

But do I have to copy the entire map inside the FSXmainFolder or do I have to copy the files itself that are in the last map? When I open the FSXmainfolder I see two maps, Aerosoft and Simobjects, do I have to copy over these 2 maps, or do I have to open these maps and all the sub maps till I get to the files like the cfg files? Some for the UserFolder. Do I have to copy over the entire aerosoft map or open all the sub maps till I get to the cfg and ini files. Also when I copy a map the computer asks if I want to combine the maps, do I have to click yes or no? (windows 7 64 bits)Also, I installed the aerosoft airbus a320/a321, after the install it says that I need to restart the pc, my pc restarts normal, I get the windows starting screen with the windows logo, then the screen goes black. I have Windows 7 64 bit, the only way to get the pc working is by starting it up with recoveryhelp, after the recoverytool is done all the airbus x files are removed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Copy both folders to the root directory of your FSX/P3D Installation folder. And let it overwrite all existing files and answer with yes.

Also copy the content of the "userFolder" to the repective folder of your system.

For your other problem, no idea what has happend on your PC. Maybe you should turn off your Virusscanner while installing FSX and/or adons.

Copy both folders to the root directory of your FSX/P3D Installation folder. And let it overwrite all existing files and answer with yes.

Also copy the content of the "userFolder" to the repective folder of your system.

For your other problem, no idea what has happend on your PC. Maybe you should turn off your Virusscanner while installing FSX and/or adons.

Hi, so in the Userfolder, I have to copy over the aerosoft map to the respective folder to my system?

• 3 months later...

Referring to (rb120134) message, 

I actually have Aerosoft Airbus X Extended, not P3D, which is why I am a bit confused on where to install the contents of the FSXMainFolder regarding hot fixes, so I want to confirm if I am installing hot fixes to the correct path. I copied all the contents inside the FSXMainFolder to inside the main Aerosoft folder which is inside the main Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder, is this correct?

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you have the old Airbus X Extended, so hotfix can not be used for this one, as it is for the latest Airbus A318/319/329/321

• 1 year later...

Is there a demo on You Tube of someone installing this hotfix? "And let it overwrite all existing files and answer with yes". To a not so tech savy user, this sounds a little scary?

these things are called "hotfix" because they are meant to fix a problem fast - putting them into a seldinstaller for all possible platforms would take way to long.

If overwriting scares you, you always can backup your files.

...and: some basic knowlage of handling a comp is inevitable for flightsimming as it's a quite complex thing and there will always be some need to "fix" something. (sorry! - and no bad feelings about you)

Archived