Curved Monitors - do they "work" for FSX/P3D, immersive-wise?

Hi guys, choosing a new GPU, and considering a monitor as a follow-on purchase.

There seems to be a few "curved monitors" on the market now; but I wonder if they enhance the immersive effect in our Flight Sims at all?

I have a feeling that they might simply distort the view, but if anyone has any experience or feedback from these types of display it would be great to hear.

Kind Rgds,

Chris.

Seems to me that if they're not too small they might add to the experience, but when the monitor is too small I think it looks very weird.

I don't have a curved monitor myself, but I do have a triple monitor setup and they're not in a straight line. The outer monitors are a little bit set to the inside so you get kind of a curved setup. This way I can turn my head and look more or less straight into each monitor, the distance from head to screen is the same. That's what I mean when it would look very weird when the monitor is too small, that way the edges of the screen would be closer to your eyes than the center unless you're very close to the screen.

Archived