IVAO/VATSIM Transponder Mode Integration

Transponder is one thing, actual squawk code is not integrated neither. If you set code on Airbus panel, it  will then promptly change too on Ivap, but within 5 seconds revert to original value set on IVAP (by default 1200).

Has anyone found solution for squawk code? 

This is weird given that almost all advanced products for FS9 and FSX are fully integrated with IVAO/VATSIM tcas & transponders.

Have you set all four digits of the squawk code? If you don't, the transponder will revert to the previous code (i.e. to change from 1200 to 2000, just pressing 2 - 0 on the transponder keypad and then leaving it because the code now reads 2000 is not good enough -- you have to type 2 - 0 - 0 - 0. This, as far as I know is the way the real thing works as well).

The other thing that springs to mind -- have you filed a flight plan? If not, I think sometimes the servers/client attempt to force a particular code (usually 1200). I know I have this issue in the A2A Cherokee on VATSIM.

Re: integration: becoming less and less common these days, actually: the clients use FSUIPC offsets (from the days of ancient history when FSUIPC/FS6IPC was the only real way to get data out of FS) but modern developers are increasingly using Simconnect to get data in and out of FSX in order to reduce/remove the requirement for users to have FSUIPC installed.

• 3 months later...

Thanks, another great bit of functionality.  Looking forward to getting it installed, waiting for a parcel at the moment so can't get to my Sim. 

Just a thought, would it be possible to do the same thing for IDENT?

Regards

Malcolm

• 1 month later...

Archived