FMGC F-PLN page, Track angle to a waypoint.

haseen

Dear:

I planned a short flight in the FMGC from EGLL to EGSS. I didn't select any SID. The waypoints are: 1500 AGL, LON, BPK, EGSS. During flight plan preparation in the FMGC, I need to find the track angle from LON to BPK. Because I would like to make a PBD waypoint from LON 10 NM out on that track and then delete LON. I looked for the track in the F-PLN page. But could not find it. How do I know the track between LON and BPK?

Regards,

Haseen

Bangladesh.

Hallo Haseen,

the track between two waypoints is not available in the FMGS.

It is not needed for what you want to do though. Simply insert an along track waypoint.
You can do that by typing the name of the waypoint you want to use as reference and then /xx (xx is the distance you want to insert the waypoint at).
If you want to to create the waypoint 10NM prior to BPK just type in BPK/-10 and it will automatically insert a waypoint 10NM prior to BPK.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Emanuel:

Thanks for your reply. I tried the way you said. It works.

But if I want to create a waypoint 10 nm outbound of LON, (not 10NM prior to BPK) should I type LON/10 or LON/+10? Is that modeled in aerosoft airbus?

I tried both, but it ends up with a wrong position. Please help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad

Bangladesh.

• 3 months later...

Dear:

I am still waiting for my reply to previous issue.

2nd issue:

1. I did try another flight from VGSY to  VEMR. The flt is direct. From VOR SYT to DMR VOR. The approach I chose was ILS RW 12. I want to create PBD waypoints to make an arc that will lead to initial point of ILS approach to rw 12. But again I need to know the track angle of the last leg of the route. Is there any way to know the track angle of the legs from the FMGC? 

Please help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad

Bangladesh.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why not fly the leg and see for yourself what the track is. In RL we can check the tracks in our charts when it is an official IFR routing.

Dear Dude:

Thanks for your reply.

I want to create the whole F-PLN including approach waypoints to the destination runway in the FMGC F-PLN page before departure.  I also need to set the altitude/speed  constraints for those Place/Bearing/Distance waypoints based on which top of descent point will be established. In real life pilots do that during cockpit preparation. At that point i.e. on the ground I don't know the the track angle of the last leg to the VOR DMR from the FMGC. I hope you got my point. For reference only I can mention in Airbus A310, Fokker 100, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 the F-PLN or LEGS page show the track angle of the legs.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad

Bangladesh.

• Deputy Sheriffs

But as Emi already said there are no track angles in the AS Airbus FMS, so what you want can not be done at present with sole reference to the AS Airbus. Did you also know that it is not allowed for RW pilots to edit FMS STARS and approaches and then use them in an IFR IMC environment? I know that the sim allows you to do anything you want but if you want to build flightplans like that you have to use other sources than the AS Airbus. I suggest you build your mental picture of the flightplan with one of the other FMS products you mentioned and then use the track angles you see there for your cockpit preperation in the AS Airbus.

Happy flying!

Archived