Anti Ice - Switch Light

Guest VATCOM

Guest VATCOM

Hello,

on the real Airbus is normal, that a "Fault" light in orange appears for 1 sec when you switch off the Anti Ice. In the AS Sim not yet, Can somebody maybe make a hotFix for that.?

Would be highly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

056c407bf5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VATCOM

It's a shame. I bought the whole couple A318-A321 and have a question, and nobody of the staff is answering. sad.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As there are a lot of different cockpit versions/software revisions are out there, a post like yours without any proof is not really helpfull. And the screenshot you posted clearly shows a totally different version of the Airbus then the one we modelled.

Guest VATCOM

As there are a lot of different cockpit versions/software revisions are out there, a post like yours without any proof is not really helpfull. And the screenshot you posted clearly shows a totally different version of the Airbus then the one we modelled.

As you may have read my 1st post, you would have recognized that it is a picture of a real Airbus ;-) and a reuqest for a modeling into the Aerosoft ones!

This light appears on evry Airbus and every version, its like the gear indication!

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you may have read my 1st post, you would have recognized that it is a picture of a real Airbus ;-) and a reuqest for a modeling into the Aerosoft ones!

This light appears on evry Airbus and every version, its like the gear indication!

Simply give a real proof, not a picture of a random Airbus, but a FCOM of the revision we modelled or something similar and it might be considered.

As you may have read my 1st post, you would have recognized that it is a picture of a real Airbus ;-)

You did not get Ottos answer right. We know it is a picture of a real Airbus, if you want it a bit more exact I can even tell you it is NOT an A320, but either an A330 or an A340.

BUT what Ottos means is that just because it is the way you see it on one Airbus it must not be the same on another one.

There are many different software versions (of the boardcomputers of the real Airbus!) and even different cockpitversions, so a random picture from a random Airbus does not mean it has to be the same in our Airbus.

A picture does not proof anything unless you know exactly from which software of the Airbus it is.

But even if you got that we will ask for an FCOM excerpt to proof the exact way the system works according to you.

Guest VATCOM

You did not get Ottos answer right. We know it is a picture of a real Airbus, if you want it a bit more exact I can even tell you it is NOT an A320, but either an A330 or an A340.

BUT what Ottos means is that just because it is the way you see it on one Airbus it must not be the same on another one.

There are many different software versions (of the boardcomputers of the real Airbus!) and even different cockpitversions, so a random picture from a random Airbus does not mean it has to be the same in our Airbus.

A picture does not proof anything unless you know exactly from which software of the Airbus it is.

But even if you got that we will ask for an FCOM excerpt to proof the exact way the system works according to you.

Thanks for your nice answer Emanuel. Yes, it's in A330 correct. It's a real picture and I understand your point. This is an Lufthansa A333, As far as I know, the light also illuminates on the A320. Additionally the Wing Anti-ice Fault also appears in the Aerosoft Airbus what is quite nice. My question basically was if you could bring this feature to the Engine-Anti-Ice Switch, not more.

with regards

I can even tell you it is NOT an A320, but either an A330 or an A340.

I can even tell you it is NOT an A340, because i haven't seen an A340 with only 2 engines yet.

Hi Everyone,

So I talked to a friend in Turkish Airlines (which operates a range of A319/20/21 aircraft with different softwares on board), he also confirmed this, he told me that this happens in every model they have and when I asked him the reason why, he provided me the FCOM page that tells why, I kindly asked him to send me the page so I can share it with you

post-81163-0-86312400-1435400218_thumb.j

The reason this is happening is clearly written on the note, just to provide you with the documentation needed :)

Best,

Omer

Guest VATCOM

Hi Everyone,

So I talked to a friend in Turkish Airlines (which operates a range of A319/20/21 aircraft with different softwares on board), he also confirmed this, he told me that this happens in every model they have and when I asked him the reason why, he provided me the FCOM page that tells why, I kindly asked him to send me the page so I can share it with you

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The reason this is happening is clearly written on the note, just to provide you with the documentation needed :)

Best,

Omer

Thank you for you research sir, and make the people belive me :)

Well, it's not just a light that's illuminating there. The light is an indicator that something happens in the aircraft.
In this case the opening and closing of the valves.

While it would be easy to fake the light (but what does a fake have to do with simulation?) simulating the whole process behind it is something completly different.

As the valves open/close we'd have to simulate the delay in the Anti Icing effect taking place, the impact on the engines power while the vales are in transition (which then would have an effect on the air conditioning again), etc.

That's just out of the scope compared to the value it would add to the simulation.

Edit: Just to have this mentioned: We would like to include these small things, we even know a ton of these small things we'd like to do, but it would add so much to the development time that our Airbus would go from the 32€ range to the 50€ range, for things our average customer barely notices (or many even report as bug!).

Guest VATCOM

Well, it's not just a light that's illuminating there. The light is an indicator that something happens in the aircraft.

In this case the opening and closing of the valves.

While it would be easy to fake the light (but what does a fake have to do with simulation?) simulating the whole process behind it is something completly different.

As the valves open/close we'd have to simulate the delay in the Anti Icing effect taking place, the impact on the engines power while the vales are in transition (which then would have an effect on the air conditioning again), etc.

That's just out of the scope compared to the value it would add to the simulation.

Edit: Just to have this mentioned: We would like to include these small things, we even know a ton of these small things we'd like to do, but it would add so much to the development time that our Airbus would go from the 32€ range to the 50€ range, for things our average customer barely notices (or many even report as bug!).

Hey Emi,

thanks for your response. Well, I know the Aerosoft Airbus as Top Quality Product and I'm proud to own them. I watching that many features are included over the time additionally with Service Packs or HotFix what I'm really glad for.

I understand your point about the development time, but isn't it possible to plan this feature for e.g the SP4 or another HotFix? It's another big point to realism (like a Triple 777 from another Publisher) and definetly worth it on my opinion, Especially when you can simulate the systems of the valves behind the switch. It would make my 50€ even more worth it, and I think it should be possible to add the feature in the future.

It would even rate the Quality Level still a bit more, what doesn't mean it's not very good already, if you know what I mean. I'm just saying it would be highly appreciated to have a such a feature, at least by the most realistic simmers with connection to the real aviation. ;-)

EDIT: It also would help just to simulate the light, would also make me happy.

with regards

While I personally fully agree with you it is not what our average customer is looking for.

We're trying to keep the price as low as possible to make the product attractive for as many simmers as possible.

If you're looking for PMDG level realism (hey, we got no problem if you mention other developers name in our forums - expecially not if we're even selling their products!) I'm afraid our Airbus may not be 100% up to your expectations.

Archived