Crash During "DIR TO"

Francescom

• Deputy Sheriffs

As far as I understood the dev the dump didn't lead directly to the bug...

Just to rule this out as source of the problem: please make sure, that you have the Microsoft C++ Redistributables 2005 , 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 installed.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

That's easy:

Open your Windows Control Panel -> Programs and Features. In there you should find them listed.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As far as I see it the packages 2008 and 2013 packages are missing. 

If you google for "Microsoft C++ Redistributables 2008" and "Microsoft C++ Redistributables 2013" you will find download links from the Microsoft webpage. Please only use links from Microsoft and nowhere else.

Make sure to install the 32bit and 64bit versions.

Hi Tom,

news from Dev?

For your info I updtated the C++ Software on my system with 2008 and 2013 versions. I made two tests yesterday without problem, but it is early to say that all is ok.

I will do some other test in the next days..

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

No news so far.

Please report back if it occurs again on your machine now with all c++ packages installed. I have them all installed as well and never experienced this problem.

• 4 months later...

Interestingly,

I am suffering from this issue too, I have every MS RDis package loaded but alas still happens, however this sounds nuts if I disable Ezdok the DIR issue does not seem to happen or very rarely. If I use ED after about three tries of the DIR selection...Bham! CTD FMGS.dll every time...getting feed up with it now....may have to park until SP4 see if that makes a difference...

I have reported this via the support.

Hope you find a solution

All the best

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello fanblade,

interesting finding. Although I can't confirm it on my machine with also using EzDok. Actually I have never had such CTDs. 

For most users the update of all the VC++ redist packages plus getting all latest .Net libraries worked (as you can find in the many topics on this problem here in the forums).

I would like to ask the other users here who have this CTD on DIR problem: are you using EzDok as well and are you able to confirm fanblade's finding?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for reply, by the lack of response from the community it would look like I am the only one with the issue! what I can tell you is Ezdok does not like Win 10 if you look in your Win Event Viewer under Applications do you see that Ezdok fails immediately it is loaded but keeps running?, now whether this effects the Bus I do not know.

All I do know is if I uninstall ED then the I can use DIR with almost zero failure CTD, re install ED use DIR and FMGS.dll rears its ugly head. I note others see this failure too and my findings maybe linked or just coincidence not sure why ED fails in the event viewer but keeps running..seems odd to me, I will keep at it to see what I can find...

Software you got love it!

All the best

Hi to all,

I am here again because yesterday I suffered again of the same problem with FMGS.dll error, with windows crash. 

Airbus A3XX v.131, Windows 8.1, same configuration as above.

I was flying from LIML to LICJ with the following route:

LOGDI UY663 EKDIR UM872 FRZ UL995 AMTEL UM727 GIANO. FL 350

just before FRZ VOR, the ATC gave me a short cut to TAQ; Pressing DIR to TAQ the Aircraft starting to turn to TAQ VOR. In the MCDU i don't know why, it came up a  FLTPLN discontinuity between TAQ and PEPIX point. I deleted the Discontinuity and just after 3 sec the SIM Crashed. In the log I had the same error as above.

I have all windows C++  installed. 

Please let me know you need some other information.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had a crash today also with DIR TO.

Was on a STAR for EGSS, and selected DIR TO and a F-PLAN Waypoint. and it crashed.

It was my first crash with the airbus. (If you dont count a blown tire on a hard landing). Have had the airbus package for 1 week.

Route:

EGGP  NANT2T NANTI L8 HON LOREL2H EGSS

I think I was inbound BKY and selected DIR TO LOREL when the crash happend.

Windows 10.

Prepar3d v3.1

Ezdok

ASN

Fspassengers

A320 v1.31

Latest Navigraph data.

Tom and Frances,

Can you tell me which Flight Sim and version you're running (FSX, FSX:SE, P3DV2, P3DV3, etc.), and which version of NavData (NavDataPro, Navigraph, etc.) and confirm the Nav Data Cycle?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Tom.  This problem has (recently) been reported under the Airbus V1.31 when running P3DV3.1.  We did not see this with previous versions of P3D and do not see this with FSX or FSX:SE.  With that in mind, it's something created by LM that the code team will have to investigate, and we've already sent to them along with quite a bit of supporting data.  

Thank you again very much for the information!

Thanks Tom.  This problem has (recently) been reported under the Airbus V1.31 when running P3DV3.1.  We did not see this with previous versions of P3D and do not see this with FSX or FSX:SE.  With that in mind, it's something created by LM that the code team will have to investigate, and we've already sent to them along with quite a bit of supporting data.  

Thank you again very much for the information!

Hi Dave, 

sorry but this problem is not related only to Prepar 3D and it is not limited to v.1.31 since with 1.21 on airbus these events happened.  Since in this post there was not a solution for this bug I stopped to use the DIR TO function to avoid crashes, deleting anytime the waypoints to proceed directly to a point. Anytime a DIR TO function have to be used I Cross the fingers.

My FSX is a default version with acceleration pack installed. The Nav data is updated at 1513 revision 1 installed with FMS manager provided by Navigraph.

Frances,

I'll double check the update log, however I can tell you that I sat for well over an hour using DT on various points including those reported without the slightest problem. I then had four team members perform this in single and connected flight deck on various flights (we did so again today on two test flights) and had absolutely no problems. This was performed on different versions and combinations of FSX and testing included the points noted by users. 

Beside your report, the only reports I've seem have been from P3D users, at least with the current version of the airbus.  I appreciate your information and will continue to look got other such errors in FSX. It would be very helpful if you would please provide the information located in THIS POST (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/102959-fmgs-error-causing-p3d-v3-ctd/) as it would help validate and help to track fown the error you are having.

Thank you very much for the information above and any further information you can provide.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When doing some research over the topics here, in more than 90% of all cases a complete reinstall of all vc++ redist packages and the .Net libraries fixed the problem for the user. 

For the rest less than 10% it would be necessary to have a reproduce able situation also in the AS labs. And exactly here it becomes very very tricky, as until now we haven't had such a reproduce able situation. 

I am not saying that these problems can't and won't be fixed. What I am trying to say is, that it is really difficult to do so.

And as a first step it really is necessary to make sure that one really belongs to the 10% and not the 90%.

So even if you have installed the packages some time ago in the past it is possible that setups of other programms came with older versions of them and "broke" your installation again. 

I know that it is time consuming, but a fresh install of all those packages (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015) in 32bit and 64bit should be done (unless of course you have just done it and haven't installed anything else since then on your Windows machine). 

They can be found here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638

Feel your pain and share your frustrations.

This has been going on for a while with me now to the extent I hardly fly the Bus. I use FSX SE Dx10 WIN 10 Too. I thought this was being caused by Ezdok in my case but after uninstalling this I still get the crash..not every time and that is the issue it can be the first DIR you select or the 4th or sometimes it just crashes in flight but always with a FMGS.DLL error. So something does not like the .dll file

As Tom says though, it is hard to pin down, not everyone is getting this, yes I have all the MS Re dist in and up to date but still happens? could be a number of things...never suffered with this on Win7 so could be a file in Win 10 that does not behave, font issue? doubt it...I am sure AS are doing there best to see what is going on but as all users are not suffering...it makes that a hard task.

I am waiting for sp4 to see if a fresh install with all the correct amended files solves the problems..here's hoping!

Best for the new year all..

Mark

Hey guys, thanks again for the information!

To help us track this down as quickly as possible, it would be really helpful if you could provide the information below anytime you have a CTD by using the Direct To function. Otherwise it's soft of hit and miss given that no everyone has this problem.

1. What is the version of the Airbus software being used?   You can find this in the "Product" file located at:   Main FSX or P3D folder\\Aerosoft\Airbus AXXX folder (aircraft you were flying). Version 1.31 is the latest build.

2. Version of Windows?

3. Type and Version of Flight Simulator?

4. Type and Cycle of NavData being used? (You can find this in the Airbus Configurator).

5. Complete flight plan being used?

6. Was the flight plan manually entered or was it used via a downloaded company route? If by a downloaded file, what source (software) was used to compile the flight plan ( AXE Company Router Editor, PFPX, SimBrief, etc.)?

7. What was the Wapoint or NavAid you attempted to Direct To?

FILE COLLECTION

8. If you used a downloaded flightplan file, please provide that file to us. The file is located in the C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans

9. If you haven't performed a flight after the CTD then please zip the following folder and provide to us:  C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus

Thanks!  This information would be a big help in tracking this problem down

Hi,

I'm suffering crash after DIR TO function too (total random crash). I'm using latest version 1.31 with font replaced, NavdataPro last cycle, FSX english version with Acceleration Pack on Windows 10 Pro x64.

I had this problem from many months ago, just before summer release, maybe with version 1.21 like Francescom told, but not sure. Next time I have a crash, I will attach the airbus directory from my documents.

I would ask you a check to my configuration with Microsoft Redistributable, do I need other packages to install? 

Thank you

Stefano

Stefano,

I'm not sure this will help narrow down the problem, but certainly all information helps!  Below is my complete list, and no matter what I do I'm not able to reproduce this problem.  I have my team trying to reproduce it and gather data on it. 

If this occurs again, your help in collecting some important data would be much appreciated. Before you're next flight, please be sure that you have the three check boxes under "Logging" selected in the Airbus Configurator, and provide the information and files in my post above.

I have the following installed:

FSX:SE

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional

Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321

PMDG 737NGX

PMDG 777

NavData:  Navigraph Cycle 1513 (updated each month)

Thanks!

Hi to all,

this evening I tried to reproduce the cash without success. Any way I want to share with you some information:

1. What is the version of the Airbus software being used?   Airbus Version 1.31

2. Version of Windows? Windows 8.1

3. Type and Version of Flight Simulator? FSX Deluxe Vers. 10.0.61637.0, FSX - XPACK.20070926-1421

4. Type and Cycle of NavData being used? Navigraph Airac Cycle 1513 Rev.1

5. Complete flight plan being used? LIRP UM729 GEN UM858 UNITA UL50 KONER FL 220

6. Was the flight plan manually entered or was it used via a downloaded company route? I always load the flightPlan Manually.

This the Aircraft and some other info:

A319-112 Sharklet. ZFW: 55.3 CG: 23 Trim: 1.3 UP Block fuel : 5500 Kg, Cost Index :50 FL 220

I pushed 5 times a "Direct to" with no Crash. I the next days I will continue to try until the crash happens with the same configuration as above.

Thank you Frances,

I just want to confirm that the information you entered above was for a flight which DID NOT result in a Direct To CTD?

Thank you again for your help in tracking this down.

Archived