Crash During "DIR TO"

Francescom

Hi to all,

I would like to submit you the following error occurring during a flight from LIRP-LFKJ.

FLIGHT DETAILS:

Aircraft A319-112 Sharklet. ZFW 48.1 CG:26. Block Fuel 6.0 t.

FL 270 Routing: SPEZI UM729 GEN UM858 TORTU

Software Detail:

Aerosoft A318/A319 1.21 Service Pack 2 and all Hotfix. (Until today all was Ok, no news in the System)

MS FSX default.

LIRP and LFKJ with AFCAD.

OFFLINE Flight.

Offline Weather of FSX.

NavData: Navigraph FMS Data 1506

Description:

After take off from LIRP with SPEZI7C I Climbed out to FL 270 reached just after SPEZI point. To short the route I decided to proceed direct to UNITA Point. Selecting DIR-TO on MCDU the aircraft started a Left Turn to UNITA. On Turn, the FSX Crashed.

I restarted the software and tried the same route with the same procedure. Inbound to GEN VOR I tried again DIR-TO to UNITA. The Aircraft Started to turn, but on turn FSX Crashed again.

At the third flight I decided to follow the entire route without using "DIR-TO" function. I completed the flight without problem.

Any idea about the problem? I couldn't download the error because I Don't know how can retrieve the log file with the error occurred.

If you need, I can test the same flight tomorrow. Where can I find the error, Eventually?

Thank you for Support,

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi to all again,

yesterday evening I suffered another Crash of FSX after using "DIR-TO" Function. I attached a picture to show you the problem.

Generally after pressing "DIR-TO" It takes some second to crash (2-3 Sec).

In this case I Have the Software Updated a Service pack 3 and HotFix 1.30F.

Windows message says " Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped to work", A problem happens, and it does'nt permit the correct functionality of the software. if a solution is available the software will be closed and and automatic notification will be sent."

Could you please help me?

post-109532-0-07318100-1435732374_thumb.

Hi again,

i have just finished another two tests.

The first one without using "DIR-TO" function, the flight was OK.

The second one I Have done the same Flight but using the DIR-TO function. I have found the error log of Windows where It is described the file that cause the crash, FMGS.DLL. The same file is the cause of the first error happened in the first Post.

Here below the error log (sorry for the Translation of the Log):

Name of Application that cause the error: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, timestamp: 0x46fadb14

Name of the module that cause the error: FMGS.DLL, version: 1.2.7.82, timestamp: 0x552db3f3
Exception Code: 0xc0000005
Offset error 0x00036b03
ID of process that cause the error: 0xea8
Start Time of the application that cause the error: 0x01d0b43a3634e80b
Path of the application that cause the error: C:\FlightSimulator\fsx.exe
Path of the module that cause the error: C:\FlightSimulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.DLL
ID reporting: 9319890d-2030-11e5-82c2-bcee7b8b6caa
Someone has the same problems?
I Think Yes:

I tried your flight today and could not reprocedure the CTD. Did you use Abeampoints in the direct or not?

I tried your flight today and could not reprocedure the CTD. Did you use Abeampoints in the direct or not?

Hi Emy,

no I didn't use Abeampoint during DIR TO. In the last flight I had to use DIR TO two times to reproduce the problem. Sometimes at first nothing Happen.

If you need other information I am happy to help you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

First of all thank you for your very detailed problem report. It contains all information one would need already in your first post. Very much appreciated! (I assume you work in software quality assurance or support?). If only all reports here would look like that...

I hadn't had the chance to try to reproduce your problem, but will do so tonight.

If I am able to recreate the CTD we wouldn't need any further information from you, otherwise I will come back to you with a short list of things.

First of all thank you for your very detailed problem report. It contains all information one would need already in your first post. Very much appreciated! (I assume you work in software quality assurance or support?). If only all reports here would look like that...

I hadn't had the chance to try to reproduce your problem, but will do so tonight.

If I am able to recreate the CTD we wouldn't need any further information from you, otherwise I will come back to you with a short list of things.

Very well, I am at your disposal if you need.

Thanks for support.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi there,

I did some test flights with the exact route gave in your first post, but wasn't able to provoke your problem. After reaching TOC shortly after SPEZI I made a DIR TO to UNITA and it always worked out fine.

I tested with NavDataPro 1504 and Navigraph 1507.

So now I need your help:

• please download and install the Process Explorer from the Microsoft Technet:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
  • open the A318/A319 Configurator and enable logging on the first tab
    post-92344-0-01941100-1436386008.png
  • start the Process Explorer
  • start FSX, prepare your flight and fly it like you did before
  • when FSX crashes after the DIR TO do not press the OK button in the opened error window!
  • switch to the File Explorer, right click FSX.EXE and select Mini Dump...
    post-92344-0-95323600-1436386207_thumb.p
  • store the .dmp file somewhere on your HD
  • grab from the following folder
    c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\
  • all *.log / fbw*.* / fmgs*.* files, zip them together along with the mini dump and provide the zip file

Thank you very much in advance for supporting us in this!

Tom.

Hi there,

I did some test flights with the exact route gave in your first post, but wasn't able to provoke your problem. After reaching TOC shortly after SPEZI I made a DIR TO to UNITA and it always worked out fine.

I tested with NavDataPro 1504 and Navigraph 1507.

So now I need your help:

• please download and install the Process Explorer from the Microsoft Technet:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

• open the A318/A319 Configurator and enable logging on the first tab

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

• start the Process Explorer

• start FSX, prepare your flight and fly it like you did before

• when FSX crashes after the DIR TO do not press the OK button in the opened error window!

• switch to the File Explorer, right click FSX.EXE and select Mini Dump...

attachicon.gifMinidump.png

• store the .dmp file somewhere on your HD

• grab from the following folder

c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\

• all *.log / fbw*.* / fmgs*.* files, zip them together along with the mini dump and provide the zip file

Thank you very much in advance for supporting us in this!

Tom.

Ok TOM will do soon the test that you require. Yesterday I did a Flight without using DIR TO and the flight was ok. Thank you for support.

Hi Tom,

yesterday I tried to reproduce the crash. At first attemp nothing happens, I tried 4 o 5 "DIR TO" without problem. I tried a second flight with the same FlightPlan and condition as per post#1, and after point "LUKIM" I pushed DIR-TO to "UNITA". Just after start the left turn the SIM crashed.

I don't know why but without click on "Close the Program" was impossibile for me to reduce the window of FSX and consequently to produce di minidump from Process Explorer. I have the log of FMGS, FBW and all log in the zip attached. Meanwhile you can see this, next week as soon a come back from work, I will try again to provide you the minidump.

Thanks for the moment.

Log.rar

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

when running FSX in maximized window mode (like in your screenshot in post #2) you should be able to switch to the Process Explorer using ALT-TAB.

Thanks for the logs so far, but I am afraid without a dump they are not telling the needed story for the developer. When you send the minidump next week, please also send a new set of the other files as well.

Tom.

Hi TOM,

finally I recreated the events with some difficult. I had to perform 4 times the same route before crash.

I attached the package, that includes:

- WIndows Log file that identifies the FMGS.dll as file that cause the error (sorry but the file is in Italian, same translation as above post).

- Process Explorer FSX minidump (I can't reduce the window, so, I used the keyboard to extract and select software options, I hope that the file is ok).

- all log files from Airbus Folder.

Again, thank you very much for support. I am at your disposal for any other information that you need.

Best Regards

Log Files.rar

I want to chime in and say that I just experienced what seems to be a similar crash after selecting a waypoint on the direct to screen on the A320. My flight was nearing approach to KMIA. I haven't encountered this crash before (crash upon using DIR TO). If it happens again I will dig up the appropriate logs.

Hi guys, i experienced the same crash yesterday. One week ago i have to reinstall the whole sim (P3D). After the crash i spotted, that i forgot to install simconnect. Could it be the problem? Today i will install it and try to reproduce the flight with some dir-to.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. It got lost in with all the forum change stuff...

At the moment the download link doesn't work for me. Can you upload it again please?

Thanks, Tom.

Hi guys, I installed simconnect and I've made a short trip EPGD-EPWA with 5 DIR-TO, during SID, route and STAR. My sim didn't crash and i"ve landed succsesfully.

Hi,

I think that it is not related to Simconnect. During some tests made on my FS, It could happen that after 5 o 6 DIR TO the SIM worked regularly, while sometime just after 1 DIR-TO It Crashed.

For What I could see, I have some doubts related to the turn radius. In the cases where the SIM It Crashed the turn was divided in two section, one turn with a specific radius and other with a Straight line to the Waypoint.

It is only a sensation..

Hello.

I have the same issue. After last hotfix they are not so common so it's hard to reproduce. Today I was finally able to gather some logs.

I hope it will help with diagnose.

Unfortunately I can't attach zip file to the post (file is less than 49 MB) so U can download it from here log

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I said, we will see what we can make with the dump file. The logs are more or less useless as they are not able to show the point where the problem occurred.

No promises though that it will be a quick fix possible. We will see...

Hi Tom,

If for you is useless I Can post a picture ( or I can send a video) of the ND when the problem occurs (just to see if there is some strange behavior during turn).

Let me Know how can help you.

Best Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

I meant the point in the code, not the point that was visible for the user, i.e. you ;)

If we need more information I will come back to you. Thanks for your assistance so far!

Archived