ACJ Fuel mods

Emi

Hey guys,

attached you can find a modification of the right MCDU which enables you to load greater fuel values for the aircraft that are equipped with extra tanks like the ACJ versions.

Using PFPX or Simbrief simply set your maximum fuel value to 32.800kg.

According to the testflights I've done the fuelusage at the higher fuel loads matches what is calculated by PFPX or simbrief.

Just recently I did a night 9 hour flight from Düsseldorf to our new Kilimanjaro in the A319CJ.

A very nice flight and I really enjoyed landing at Kilimanjaro. A great destination for a flight in the ACJ!

With an A319CJ and a typical fuelload flights of ranges up to 6000NM become possible.

Unfortunatly this mod does not work with our own fuelplanner, but if you're planning flights that are long enough to need this much fuel I guess you're doing a full flight planing anyway ;)

Disclaimer: This file is an unsupported usermodification. I can not give a 100% gurantee it may not brake anything else or work as advertised.

MCDU2c.zip

Many thanks for the tweak Emi!!!!

Unfortunatly this mod does not work with our own fuelplanner, but if you're planning flights that are long enough to need this much fuel I guess you're doing a full flight planing anyway ;)

I've tried a little editing on the Aircraft_318_319 that could be found in Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FuelPlanner\AircraftData, I'm sending You them via PM.

Below You'll find the profile for the A319 that I've made which should be copied into the Aircraft_318_319 that could be found in Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FuelPlanner\AircraftData, I do not have any A319CJ FCOM to get the details about the payload, which is for sure lower than 19900Kgs, weights are the ones available on Airbus' ACJ website, and fuel consumption should be different too, but without access to the required data it's still better than nothing. I'm very short on free time lately, so the correct values will come later on, or as soon as I get some information :)

It works on my pc, it should work as a temporary solution while I look around for some more detailed datas ;)

Kindly
Alessandro

<AircraftConf>
<type>A319</type>
<displayname>A319 - Airbus Corporate Jetliner - 18 pax</displayname>

<paxmax>18</paxmax>

<!-- Set one if available, then set max value -->
<paxpayloadposition>1;1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0</paxpayloadposition>
<paxpayloadmax>12;112;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0</paxpayloadmax>

<!-- Weight of one passenger -->
<paxweight>84</paxweight>

<maxcargo>3200</maxcargo>
<!-- Set one if available, then set max value -->
<cargopayloadposition>0;0;1;1;0;0;0;0;0;0</cargopayloadposition>
<cargopayloadmax>0;0;8500;8500;0;0;0;0;0;0</cargopayloadmax>

<!-- Bag weight -->
<bagweight>25</bagweight>

<!-- Design weights -->
<mtow>76500</mtow>
<mtw>76900</mtw>
<mlw>62500</mlw>
<bow>39725</bow>
<mzfw>58500</mzfw>
<maxpayload>19900</maxpayload>
<centertank>20274</centertank>
<lefttank>6263</lefttank>
<righttank>6263</righttank>
<maxfuelonboard_kg>32800</maxfuelonboard_kg>
<maxusablefuel_kg>32500</maxusablefuel_kg>
<maxusablefuel_gal>8585.6</maxusablefuel_gal>

<!-- CoG values -->
<max_cog_value>40</max_cog_value>
<min_cog_value>17</min_cog_value>
<opt_cog_value>25</opt_cog_value>
<cog_data>-3.76;14.3;-6.60;4.24;-9.76</cog_data>

<!-- Fuel burn values -->
<taxi>1500</taxi>
<climb>6000</climb>
<descent>2000</descent>
<holding>2900</holding>
<contingency>900</contingency>
<apu>130</apu>

<!-- Cruize, descent & climb factors - for fine adjustments along A320 family -->
<climb_factor>0.8</climb_factor>
<cruize_factor>0.90</cruize_factor>
<descent_factor>1.0</descent_factor>

<!-- Values that A320 family share -->
<climb_fuel_FL330>1900</climb_fuel_FL330>
<climb_time_FL330>23</climb_time_FL330>
<climb_dist_FL330>160</climb_dist_FL330>
<descent_fuel_FL370>400</descent_fuel_FL370>
<descent_time_FL370>17</descent_time_FL370>
<descent_dist_FL370>100</descent_dist_FL370>
<cruize_tas>450</cruize_tas>

</AircraftConf>

It's different on each plane since there are so many different interiours offered. As a customer you can buy one with 8 or one with 20, it's really all up to you and how much money you're willing to invest.

Any chance of doing a similar mod for the A321s. It would be nice to fly flights like BA145 without sacrificing alternate fuel and pax?

A321 used by BA on mid-haul are ex-BMI aircraft and they have a 23J/131Y configuration. They don't have upgraded tanks

Those BA G-MED... aircraft must have upgraded tanks to fly a flight duration as long as Baku. With the aerosoft fuel planner it is impossible to fly with more than 100 pax and alternate fuel to a suitable aerodrome from EGLL to UBBB with the A321, Iv also seen a post from a British airways pilot posting a picture sometime ago saying he has enough fuel to divert from Amman to Dubai if he had to (due to bad weather), and if I remember correctly the fuel figure was 22,xxxkg.

Exchanging the maximum fuel value in the right MCDU loadmanager is easy. Just open the MCDU2c file with the windows notepad and hit the replace button. Enter 19.75 (or whatever the default fuelload was) and then enter the new value you want as replacement. Easy as this!

Note you're doing this at your own risk though. We can't support any issues coming up by this.

Always make a backup of the original file first!

Airbus339, I just spoke to a British Airways first officer and he said that some of the A321s have an additional centre tank, but that they are not always needed, he did mention a flight to Baku would use the additional centre tanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hello Bruno,

we are currently rebuilding our forum software and encountered some problems with the downloads. We are working very hard to fix this issues. You should be able to download it again very soon.

Jonas

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Bruno,

we are currently rebuilding our forum software and encountered some problems with the downloads. We are working very hard to fix this issues. You should be able to download it again very soon.

Jonas

Still cannot download mate.:unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Could you PM me the original MCDUc files from the A319 and A320? I currently only have the betafiles here upon which I can't recreate the files since my Betafiles wouldn't work with your verisons.
If you could send me the original files I can make the  mods available again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear Guys,

Sorry for the simple question but I'm rather on the "user side" of RW and sim aviation with limited computer knowledge. Where could I find that MCDU2C xml file on my computer?

I would like to fly an "ACJ" too.

Just for your info: the difference is not only the ACT (additional center tank) system but the planes's cervice ceiling is increased to FL410 (for the majority of ACJ's - a user option).

Anyway, the ACJ's  fuel panel has an additional switch-light to control the fuel transfer from the aux tanks.

... and let me not forget the airstair option for the L1 door!

If interested in RW ACJ's weight figures (empty, fuel, MTOW, etc) just indicate.

Appreciate your help, cheers,

Tamas

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2015, 3:22:08, balaton said:

Dear Guys,

Sorry for the simple question but I'm rather on the "user side" of RW and sim aviation with limited computer knowledge. Where could I find that MCDU2C xml file on my computer?

I would like to fly an "ACJ" too.

Just for your info: the difference is not only the ACT (additional center tank) system but the planes's cervice ceiling is increased to FL410 (for the majority of ACJ's - a user option).

Anyway, the ACJ's  fuel panel has an additional switch-light to control the fuel transfer from the aux tanks.

... and let me not forget the airstair option for the L1 door!

If interested in RW ACJ's weight figures (empty, fuel, MTOW, etc) just indicate.

Appreciate your help, cheers,

Tamas

Before replacing the A319CJ mod file, you may use the Search function in your start menu or File Explore to find the original MCDU2C.xml 

Before replacing the A319CJ mod file, you may use the Search function in your start menu or File Explore to find the original MCDU2C.xml. So that you can apply the mod through a very simple drag and drop process. 

The mod file only updates different parameters in our right MDCU as said by the author. Modifications to the Overhead Panel and service celling would require further developing work.

It reminds me the ACJ version was came with Feelthere Airbuses, but I forgot if they implemented the "full" modifications of A319CJ or not.

Archived