4096px HD Virtual Cockpit preview

Emi

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

A small update as to where we are now.

At this moment the switches and the lights are basically the last thing that need completition.

The rest of the flightdeck is finished now.

Those switches turn out to be harder than I initially thought though. It is very hard to use photoreal there as it is impossible to get similar looking shots done by different persons, of course all in different lighting conditions, etc.

I have not yet found a solution for this, however I am considering two options here for which I want your opinion on what you think would be nicer.

The first option is to just leave the switches as they are in the shots I have shown so far. This means they are of a different quality and not all looking "similar" though as you would find them on a real Airbus flightdeck. This would definatly be the easier and faster solution.

The second option is to take one good photo and just photoshop the different texts of the different buttons on that one.
This would surely be the more time consuming, but in the end (I think) better looking solution.

As my flight training has now started and I hardly have any time left now I am seriously considering the first option... but let me know your opinions!

First option is totally fair enough,we don't wanna keep you  from your studying... and you could always at your will upgrade the vc,any time in future...

We all should thank you for dedicated time and effort to this work.

Cheers. 

On 5/8/2016 at 1:06 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

A small update as to where we are now.

At this moment the switches and the lights are basically the last thing that need completition.

The rest of the flightdeck is finished now.

Those switches turn out to be harder than I initially thought though. It is very hard to use photoreal there as it is impossible to get similar looking shots done by different persons, of course all in different lighting conditions, etc.

I have not yet found a solution for this, however I am considering two options here for which I want your opinion on what you think would be nicer.

The first option is to just leave the switches as they are in the shots I have shown so far. This means they are of a different quality and not all looking "similar" though as you would find them on a real Airbus flightdeck. This would definatly be the easier and faster solution.

The second option is to take one good photo and just photoshop the different texts of the different buttons on that one.
This would surely be the more time consuming, but in the end (I think) better looking solution.

As my flight training has now started and I hardly have any time left now I am seriously considering the first option... but let me know your opinions!

Solution 1. would be fine for now given the fact that you don't have much time to work on the project, and its already done (easier as you said yourself)

Then after you can always release a v2.0. sometime in the future where you include the new ones.

I have two questions regarding the registration of the aircraft and the table checklist. When using your new textures will we be able to get the registration of the aircraft in the different liveries we have installed to show in the VC (as in the one above the standby instruments https://gyazo.com/8e5b62a8c3147c4be4bc75301f7ba4e9)? and are we able to use the updated table checklist texture, without it conflicting with your new textures?

I definitely prefer the first option. You have done a great job so far and I do not need every single switch in high quality. Monday and Tuesday are free for me so I have time to fly...maybe with your new textures? [emoji6]

Me have this opinion too.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Alright guys, so the descition has been made!

In the coming week I'll do some last few checks and if all goes well I'll release them next weekend (I hope... you know how this goes ;))!

Vor 1 Stunde, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Alright guys, so the descition has been made!

In the coming week I'll do some last few checks and if all goes well I'll release them next weekend (I hope... you know how this goes ;))!

Sounds fantastic! Jetzt heißt es Daumen drücken:P

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

It was supposed to be this weekend, but you know... People have their lives and many things can get in the way. Trust me it will be released once Emanuel has some free time.

Thanks Nuno...  Let's see ;-)

On 5-9-2010 at 10:30 AM, Pao13 said:

Hi John,

Is there a way you could send me a 2 liveries without readme file (I know how to install them). That would be Atlas Blue A321 and Aegean A320. (I have a bunch of tourists to fly back home so they can get back to work tomorrow....). My email is ...

Thanks

Greg

Maybe you forgot the PM you sent to me while I was busy ( in my free time ) uploading some 40+ repaints when the AirbusX was released without warning from Aerosoft . JanKees Blom and myself spent most of that weekend creating files , only to read posts in the forum ( posted by you amongst others ) about the " lack " of liveries supplied with the AirbusX .

The HD textures that Emi is working on are his own work , made in his free time , nothing to do with Aerosoft . The same applies when making a livery , you don't upload until you ( the maker ) are satisfied with what you have made . I am sure you would be one of the first to complain if something wasn't right .

It's not as though the Airbus series doesn't work without these textures , you're not " missing " anything . Even after some 6 years people still ask for " release dates " , so nothing has been learnt in all that time .

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mean to be a pain but I just discovered this awesome WIP after a year stint away from flight sim. Just getting back into it again and can't wait to use these! Was just curious on an update as its been almost a month? 

Cheers

Hey Emi :) 

gibt es irgendwelche Neuigkeiten zu diesem tollen Projekt ? Denn lange kam kein status Update mehr... 

Wäre nett wenn du den aktuellen Stand und Fortschritt mal kurz zusammenfassen könntest :) 

Ich freue auf jeden Fall schon extrem auf den Release ;) 

Hey guys,

just a heads up. Flight training can be a bit time consuming at times, as you can probably imagine lol.

I'm sorry that I missed pretty much any date I've set myself (see why developers don't typically announce releasedates?).

I basically just need to find some hours to get these darn files uploaded, write installation instructions, etc.. I had hoped to get somebody to do an installer as there is a rather big potential to screw up the installation since the Airbus was never made for doing this kind of repaint.

Present filesize is about 650mb, with my pre jurassic internet connection that takes some 5 hours to upload, which makes it impossible to upload during the week.

And my timetable does not exactly give me as much free time as I hoped to have.

Let's hope I'll find the time to take care of this next weekend, if not, hopefully the weekend thereafter (did I tell you they often give you lessons on saturdays and sundays?!).

sounds amazing Emi :) 

thank you great news :)

very amazing work and nice to hear that it´s almost done, let´s hope that you will find a free time slot to do the final things and upload this amazing project very soon...

I´m so excited ;) 

I just spend the last 3 hours putting final touches to the FCU and, call me selfish, I believe I really nailed those Pushbuttons!

Make sure to view this pic in its full size:

Please login to display this image.

This said I'm right now going through all Airbus variants again to check that really no file is missing and nothing is looking too bad.
All going well (this time I mean it!) at least the 2k version should be up in a few hours (without installer, but Nino, I might come back to your offer later!)!

I don't see any Chirag, but that must not mean that there is none on other peoples systems.

Wait a few hours and you can try it out yourself!

20 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I don't see any Chirag, but that must not mean that there is none on other peoples systems.

Wait a few hours and you can try it out yourself!

Thanks.

Emi, have you checked the FCU clickable buttons like Master Caution and Master Warning?

I've seen this on other forum and here I quote:

The way you can tell between a PB and an annunciator in an airbus is simple -- if you look at the button, if there is a silver border around the actual PB, it means it can be pushed and is a switch.

lol, yes I did, but I do simply not have any photos that can be used to correct this. Tried it 4 times, 4 times real pilots had to take new photos for me for these, but no chance to fix this lol

Whenever I might get a good photo for this you can be sure I'll look at it again ;)

So, the files lie with the testers and seem good to go!

I've just handed over the final version of the 2048px version and am just awaiting their approval.
Shouldn't take longer than an hour now!

The 4096px version will have to wait a little longer since the filesize exceeds the maximum our forums can handle lol

Should be sorted out tomorrow when the staff is back in the offices though.

And honestly: I do hardly see any difference between the 2k and 4k (except for the VAS, which is of course better in the 2k!).

Archived