4096px HD Virtual Cockpit preview

Emi

It' a good point of view, but I prefer to have a all-condition operation Airbus and not only a day operation aircraft. Look the advantage, I can save also some VAS!

By the way, I hope in future abound a HD complete cockpit for airbus series!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5.7.2016 at 8:48 PM, generale84 said:

It' a good point of view, but I prefer to have a all-condition operation Airbus and not only a day operation aircraft. Look the advantage, I can save also some VAS!

By the way, I hope in future abound a HD complete cockpit for airbus series!

Well, I see my cockpit as being complete.

It simply represents one possible configuration for the lights, just like the two versions that come with the Airbus (the dark one is mine btw ;)) are two possible ways to configure the lighting.
None is wrong, incomplete or false. They're all just some of the million versions of what a pilot can set up.

With the present files it is simply impossible to do it another way, so it'll stay as it is.
The only option for now is spotlights.

The only way coming to my mind how to probably do the lights would be in an .fx file, but then again we would at least need a switch in the VC to turn it on which would mean developers from Aerosoft would have to get involved and AS has no capacity for this in the foreseable future (A330, CRJ, etc. bind all resources).

On 5.7.2016 at 6:02 PM, Cargostorm said:

Why not just flying the HD textures at day? :D

Btw: I have tried to get FSL spotlights running, but I do also use PTA (Prepar3d Tweak Assistant) in P3Dv3 that modifies Shaders and thus results in a crash of Spotlights at startup. No solution so far in the FSL forum. Spotlights seems not to be compatible with any Shaders mod.

Why use any shader mods at all in P3D? In FSX I could understand, but I never encountered a situation in P3D yet where I would have preffered a tweaked shader. IMO LM did a very good job on theirs!

But well, that's an FSL problem...

On 9.7.2016 at 19:25, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Why use any shader mods at all in P3D? In FSX I could understand, but I never encountered a situation in P3D yet where I would have preffered a tweaked shader. IMO LM did a very good job on theirs!

I use a preset in PTA (available at Avsim) that for my taste comes closer to the realworld experience as compared to the default Shaders, especially in regard of the contrast of cloud shadows on ground and lighting.

• 1 month later...
On 25.8.2016 at 8:05 PM, Cloudster said:

Sorry I can't seem to find the 4k cockpit textures, I only see the 2048 ones. Great work!

Correct, 4k is not available yet as my flight training is keeping me busy.

The overwhelming feedback of you guys makes me questioning whether there is need for a 4k version at all. Honestly: You do not see a lot of a difference between the two versions in terms of visuals. The memory is suffering quite a lot though from the 4k version.

My question therefore. Seeing the current 2k version, does a 4k version actually make sense for you guys?

• 1 month later...

Archived