4096px HD Virtual Cockpit preview

Emi

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19.4.2016 at 9:55 AM, Pao13 said:

Hi Emanuel,

Any chance we'll see the HD package release soon ?

Thank you

Greg

Yes! I just can't tell whether in the state I would like it to be or with some details I would like to add still missing.

On 19.4.2016 at 5:52 PM, Superbus21 said:

Congratulation Emi to your ATPL training! Do you do it by your own or with an airline? Hopefully you stay here in the forum.

I'm doing it by my own. Been waiting for an invitation by airlines since years, but nothing. German market is just quite bad at the moment, so not much sense in waiting.

You can be sure I will stay, one does not simply break with a hobby like flight simulation. lol

Nice to hear that. I wish you much luck getting a job but first much fun while doing your training!

And I am looking forward to your new VC textures. They are stunning.

Here's a small update of what is going on.

Why I am still waiting for the pics I need (got two offers now, just waiting for the pics to be send!) I reworked parts of the mainpanel to look more natural.

Please login to display this image.

Good news, I've gotten the first package with needed pictures today!

A second one is also on its way and will arrive hopefully later this week or "soon" thereafter.

This means work is back on again!

Two shots of todays progress on the pedestal.
Lots of screws places now and while I'm not yet 100% satisfied I tend to like how it turned out.

On the schedule for tomorrow: ICAO lvl 5 exam, some E-Mails to answer and then hopefully the rest of the pedestal and some mainpanel/overhead screws followed by a bit more tweaking on the spotlights.

22 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Two shots of todays progress on the pedestal.
Lots of screws places now and while I'm not yet 100% satisfied I tend to like how it turned out.

On the schedule for tomorrow: ICAO lvl 5 exam, some E-Mails to answer and then hopefully the rest of the pedestal and some mainpanel/overhead screws followed by a bit more tweaking on the spotlights.

awesome work Emi...and good luck with your exams.

Todays update:

Things worked out a little different than I hoped (no worries, still passed all the exams :)), so while originally unplanned I did the background of the PFD/ND sidepanels next to the PFDs which now looks a lot better than it previously did.

Also new are more screws in the panel now (pedestal and FCU done, overhead and very few on the mainpanel to go).

I had the chance to visit an A320 level D sim today and could check on the types of screws used in each place.
It surprised me that the Level D sim was quite a bit different from the actual Airbus in this (listen all you "I've-been-in-a-sim-and-know-what-it-looks-like" people!). They have screws in quite different places than the real bus has (so they screwed up? lol), however one of our testers was then able to supply me with a few needed pictures on short term!

I also fixed a few open bugs on some of the panelbacklighting (none you have seen yet). This part should now be ready.

Here are some pics of todays work. It may not look much, but believe me, those sidepanels were a b*tch to get right!

That's it for now, I for my part will now proceed direct bed, bathroom transition.

Tomorrow hopefully the overhead!

23 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Todays update:

Things worked out a little different than I hoped (no worries, still passed all the exams :)), so while originally unplanned I did the background of the PFD/ND sidepanels next to the PFDs which now looks a lot better than it previously did.

Also new are more screws in the panel now (pedestal and FCU done, overhead and very few on the mainpanel to go).

I had the chance to visit an A320 level D sim today and could check on the types of screws used in each place.
It surprised me that the Level D sim was quite a bit different from the actual Airbus in this (listen all you "I've-been-in-a-sim-and-know-what-it-looks-like" people!). They have screws in quite different places than the real bus has (so they screwed up? lol), however one of our testers was then able to supply me with a few needed pictures on short term!

I also fixed a few open bugs on some of the panelbacklighting (none you have seen yet). This part should now be ready.

Here are some pics of todays work. It may not look much, but believe me, those sidepanels were a b*tch to get right!

That's it for now, I for my part will now proceed direct bed, bathroom transition.

Tomorrow hopefully the overhead!

totally excited to have this very nice vc....thanks for your time and effort Emi.

Fantastic to see that the project sprung alive again, looking forward to release. 

Congrats on your training :)

So, what has been done yesterday and today?
Basically I screwed up the overhead (in a good sense!):

The overhead is now done for all models and engine variants.
A few refinements are needed here and there but nothing major which could prevent a soonish release.

Even more interesting however is that I stumbled about an opportunity I thought would not be possible until about 3 hours ago.

For some reason this file went unnoticed previously however just today I found out there is a possibility also to enhance the indications on the actual buttons.

I believe it's easier to explain in a picture than with words:

Left side is before, right side after (ignore the missing UNLK and HOT lights, they're on tomorrows agenda):

And yes, I have seen that the DECEL light needs to be placed a little bit further to the lower right ;)

This however seems to have an impact on fps so I'm investigating what is possible and what not. Chances are good that I will just provide a high res file for the lights and the normal resolution one so that you can descide which one to use on your own.

At 4x resolution I noticed quite some stutters, at 2x however (what you see in the right pic) it worked quite well here.
I'll do some more investigation on this over the weekend until I can make a descition on what to do here and how much VAS this small extra costs.

So, you may ask what is left now until release?

• After Overhead screws holding the panel in place
  • Reworking the Overhead buttons and replacing some of the bad ones and placeholders with those from the new pics I've gotten at the beginning of this week
  • Refinement of the night lights with Spotlights -> if I can't sort these out in time I will just release without spotlights and then upload the spotlights ini lateron, so not an issue
  • If I find the time I'll rework the background of the overhead. This would be quite time consuming though, so I tend to say it's rather unlikely for this to happen soon
  • Handing the final files over to our Beta testers and real pilots to get opinions and possibly some adjustments they might ask for

If things work out well this could mean (note could! -> as in "no promise"!) a release next week.

I'll better not promise anything though, you know how these things can turn out.

5 hours ago, CAS22 said:

Great news Emi...crossed fingers.

One question; is it gonna be this bright,or darker when it's done?

Thanks.

That brightness is due to my HDR settings in P3D, the textures themselves are about as bright as our original textures. I did my best to keep the original colours as much as possible as they are quite spot on to the real thing.

Hey Emi,

its been a while since i last looked into this project and i have to say: i am very impressed by your hard work!
It looks amazing! I will definetely try this out as soon as it is released. Flying will be even better then!

Amazing work :)

A small update as to where we are now.

At this moment the switches and the lights are basically the last thing that need completition.

The rest of the flightdeck is finished now.

Those switches turn out to be harder than I initially thought though. It is very hard to use photoreal there as it is impossible to get similar looking shots done by different persons, of course all in different lighting conditions, etc.

I have not yet found a solution for this, however I am considering two options here for which I want your opinion on what you think would be nicer.

The first option is to just leave the switches as they are in the shots I have shown so far. This means they are of a different quality and not all looking "similar" though as you would find them on a real Airbus flightdeck. This would definatly be the easier and faster solution.

The second option is to take one good photo and just photoshop the different texts of the different buttons on that one.
This would surely be the more time consuming, but in the end (I think) better looking solution.

As my flight training has now started and I hardly have any time left now I am seriously considering the first option... but let me know your opinions!

On 4.5.2016 at 10:28 AM, Nuno Pinto said:

Like i've said before, amazing work. Can't wait to try them on my 320 series.

Will you also include the 2048px version?

Thank you!

That will be no issue. If I'm not completly mistaken I did already announce that earlier when I opened this thread.

I'll provide a 4096px, a 2048px and a mixed set, in which I will put those textures where you can not really see a big difference as 2048 and those where you have a big difference as 4096 textures.

I definitely prefer the first option. You have done a great job so far and I do not need every single switch in high quality. Monday and Tuesday are free for me so I have time to fly...maybe with your new textures? ;)

On 29.3.2016 at 11:18, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

on 2. Mai my ATPL training starts

Aw man, would have been awesome if we could start the ATPL together. Mine starts in about a month later. I wish you best of luck with your ATPL training sir :)

Also that's pretty nifty work so far, can't wait for the end result!

Archived