4096px HD Virtual Cockpit preview

Emi

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to see how the cockpit will look like to descide on those.

What I've seen from the preview pics (I haven't seen anything more of it than you did!) looks pretty high res already, so probably it won't be necessary to do a mod. But I'll see what can be done ;)

Today I finally found some time to work on the textures again and I invested it in the screws on the overheadpanel.

I'm still not a hundret percent satisfied, but tell me your opinion!
What could be done better on the screws (only those on the actual panels, not those holding the panels in place!):

Please login to display this image.

32 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Today I finally found some time to work on the textures again and I invested it in the screws on the overheadpanel.

I'm still not a hundret percent satisfied, but tell me your opinion!
What could be done better on the screws (only those on the actual panels, not those holding the panels in place!):

Please login to display this image.

Personally i prefer the darker colors on the background panels like the ones in frost77 texturepack that are available through your download section. but i am not sure what actually reflects the real thing most but i often find the VC very bright during daytime with the default textures.

Else i must say i really fancy what you did to the buttons it looks amazing :D

Thank you Dito, I'm using paint.net.

Photoshop is a little complex for me seeing that I'm no professional graphic artist. Paint.net is more user friendly (I think!) for beginners and most important: It's free!

On 14/11/2015 23:49:02, Frederik Pedersen said:

Personally i prefer the darker colors on the background panels like the ones in frost77 texturepack that are available through your download section. but i am not sure what actually reflects the real thing most but i often find the VC very bright during daytime with the default textures.

Else i must say i really fancy what you did to the buttons it looks amazing :D

Don't worry, that can be done in 2 seconds just by adding a color adjustement layer on photoshop.

Or even easier you just use a shader modification like ENB Series which will just darken down your whole sim. Then your scenery will fit the brightness level in the cockpit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not really looking at testers at the moment, at least not until I can proceed with the new photos.

Searching for photos is not the right way as I don't own any rights to use them and will surely not buy them.

I'm not just looking for photos of how the airplane looks like - I know what an A320 looks like ;) - I need photos I can use as photoreal and these are really rare.

First of all they need to be done under good conditions and then they need to meet exact requirements.
Such photos can really only be done specifically for a project.
The biggest problem are the rights to use pictures. For pics you find on the internet you usually first need to buy the rights to use them. As this will be freeware I will not spend money on any pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice project, but sad to see it took you way longer than anticipated! I've got one question if you may allow. When it gets finished, will you release it in the Download database for manual installation or will it get alongside with future update of the A318/A319/A320/A321 with a tool where we simply can get to choose between the stock textures and your 2K/4K textures like mwa05 suggested in the first page.

Either way, I am very excited for the outcome to this project ! Keep up the good work :) !

It will be released into the downloaddatabase. Mathijs does not want to include it in the Airbusses as the Airbusses are not only for consumer entertainment, but are also used profesionally by several customers, including flightschools, universities, etc.

For these everything has to be 100% and, understandibly, "userprojects" are not.

My alternative night lighting was an exception there, however the changes on these textures are far bigger than what I did with the lighting back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...

When wil this be available? Does it have a large impact on FPS? I use a 27" WQHD screen (2560x1440p) I think I would benefit from it. The buttons look so real!

vor 10 Stunden , Blinx sagte:

When wil this be available?

I guess Emi is still waiting for some detailed photos, before he can go on:

On 16.1.2016 at 20:03, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

I'm still waiting for the photos I've been promised. Once they arrive work should be done quickly!

But I'm sure he will tell us, when it comes closer to a release date :)

Also I think it will have an impact on FPS, but certainly its not easy to say how much, before the work is not done.

Yep, still waiting for the pics... and I really hope I get them rather soon, on 2. Mai my ATPL training starts and from then on I won't have any time to paint anymore!

If anyone else is able to take some good pics in an A320 cockpit please drop me a PM, I really want to get this done, but if I don't get the pics there is close to no chance... once flight training starts I'd either have to released unfinished or not at all... both options I do not like very much to be honest.

Performance is good, since no new files are added, but only existing ones are changed there shouldn't be any changes from what I got right now.

On my personal system (4,5GHz, GTX980, W10, P3Dv3.2) I get around 1-2fps less than with the standart textures, so no problems at all.

On a friends FSX at a much lower specs it behaves similar, so I hope these are the final results on performance impact.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived