4096px HD Virtual Cockpit preview

Emi

Hi Frederik,

yes, it's for sure going to be finished this year!

It is definatly a very time consuming process (easily over 100h by now!). It's a bit hard to tell when it'll be finished since I'm not doing it alone. I hardly have any idea where Holgi is at right now.

Originally I hoped it would take two or three weeks from the time I announced the project, but due to the heatwave we have here in Germany at the moment (38° here in DUS!) my work seriously slowed down in the last week.

I'm also still waiting for some photos of the real aircraft from one of our pilots which I hoped to get a few weeks ago which are really needed to complete some parts of the cockpit.

All in all that created some delay which I can hardly estimate. I'm working on it when I can at the moment so there is progress...

Let me say the following:

I wouldn't hold my breath for it, but I'm confident to be able to release before summer ends, if not much earlier!

But I have some good news to share, too!
DetCord is helping me with the FCU knobs now, so you can expect his magic in the VC, too!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks amazing! Looking forward to release, but please take the time you need :)

Such a good job, this could not be better made, various versions, new night lightning, just perfect!

Hi Frederik,

yes, it's for sure going to be finished this year!

It is definatly a very time consuming process (easily over 100h by now!). It's a bit hard to tell when it'll be finished since I'm not doing it alone. I hardly have any idea where Holgi is at right now.

Originally I hoped it would take two or three weeks from the time I announced the project, but due to the heatwave we have here in Germany at the moment (38° here in DUS!) my work seriously slowed down in the last week.

I'm also still waiting for some photos of the real aircraft from one of our pilots which I hoped to get a few weeks ago which are really needed to complete some parts of the cockpit.

All in all that created some delay which I can hardly estimate. I'm working on it when I can at the moment so there is progress...

Let me say the following:

I wouldn't hold my breath for it, but I'm confident to be able to release before summer ends, if not much earlier!

But I have some good news to share, too!

DetCord is helping me with the FCU knobs now, so you can expect his magic in the VC, too!

Thank you for a very solid answer!

Plus the fact that Detcord got involved definitely did not make anything worse, Looking forward to it seeing it live.

• 2 weeks later...

Goshhhhh! Looks like bad luck for me... All browsing data and cache cleaned. (Chrome)

This webpage is not available

ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE
Hide details
The webpage athttp://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=66522 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyway to make the main panel texture  look more realistic. A worn/used looking panel with scratches/fading/frayed areas/dents/dust spots would be nice. As it is now, it looks like it has always just rolled off the production line regardless of how many flight hours it has done. The texture is too 'uniform in coloring and flawless with no imperfections. The current main panel verges on the 'cartoon' look and not the preferred 'photo real' used look.

That's actually how the busses I got as reference look like.

I know there are quite some airlines not treating their busses very good, but the one I've got reference of actually treats them pretty good. Well, actually it may simply be because those I've been in have all been very new.
Painting something you haven't seen is quite hard... probably Frost77s textures are more for you then than mine.

How's going guys? Do you working on this yet?

Yes sure, as I've said earlier though I'm mainly waiting for Holgi and DetCord right now.

However, with todays release of Flight Sim Labs' Spotlight I've been able to get quite some remarkable lights into the cockpit!
Note that the following will only be usable for people owning Spotlights from Flight Sim Labs, but I do want to share this picture with you:

Please login to display this image.

Finally this is exactly the type of lighting I was looking for for our Airbus, but due to the way our VC is done it was close to impossible to paint this for me.
Spotlights really is a excellent tool and I look very much forward to discover more of it!

The above is what I accomplished within around 1:30 after getting Spotlights so you see the potential this addon has! Congratulations Flight Sim Labs, this addon is a masterpiece and I can certainly recommend it to anyone!

I'll upload my Spotlights ini file once these textures are released so that you will also be able to use those!

Please note that the control of these lights is done through a 2D panel though and not through the VC, but hey, in real life you set those once and then forget about them for the rest of the flight, so it's ok even for the VC only guys (like myself).

First time I see your project... what a great work!

The screenshots look awesome, this will make our already great bus a lot more beautiful and so much more realistic. Thank you very much and keep up this awesome piece of art!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Is this still being worked on, can I download them yet?

Two weeks after the last and comprehensive status report you ask already if the project is dead? What do you expect? A daily status report?

Rest assured that if they become available, it will also be mentioned in this topic so that you will not miss it.

[...]However, with todays release of Flight Sim Labs' Spotlight I've been able to get quite some remarkable lights into the cockpit!
Note that the following will only be usable for people owning Spotlights from Flight Sim Labs, but I do want to share this picture with you[...]

Sadly not available for P3D...

That's right, however there is literally no other way to do these lights within the cockpit since the VC itself is limiting there and I can't do changes to the VC itself to enable more lights.

My "standart textures" will still come with night lighting in the same style of my previous new night lighting which you can select in the Airbus configurator

That's right, however there is literally no other way to do these lights within the cockpit since the VC itself is limiting there and I can't do changes to the VC itself to enable more lights.

My "standart textures" will still come with night lighting in the same style of my previous new night lighting which you can select in the Airbus configurator

I know. On the upside, they said a P3D version (not compatible atm. due to DX9vsDX11) is planned for the future.

I'm waiting for some more HD photos of some cockpitparts from one of our pilots to be able to continue... unfortunatly waiting since two months for them now. Once I get them my part will be done in a few days.

Since Holgis computerproblems and DetCords real life taking priority at the moment I haven't gotten their files either yet.
Therefore I consider first releasing without their parts and adding them later in an SP.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm waiting for some more HD photos of some cockpitparts from one of our pilots to be able to continue... unfortunatly waiting since two months for them now. Once I get them my part will be done in a few days.

Since Holgis computerproblems and DetCords real life taking priority at the moment I haven't gotten their files either yet.
Therefore I consider first releasing without their parts and adding them later in an SP.

Good morning Emi,

I would love to help you but I can not open our 4K textures with my old computer. The size is just the killer ...

When I have a new machine, I'll be back, as promised! Until then, we have the HD photos.

Yep, that's what I meant refering to your computerproblems Holgi. No worries, we can wait!

Oooops :)

Oooooops,  I didn't mention if I mean European or Australian summer, this years or next years... :P

But hey, again a perfect example why we usually don't give dates. I tried to be as open as possible, but hey, if you don't want it ok, I won't announce another date and it'll be there from one day to another.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

actually nothing right now as unfortunatly the last photoshooting did not provide pictures good enough to use them as photoreal (we need a "y" key in real life to turn these aircraft out of the sun!).

I start thinking about using some non photoreal buttons now to overcome this problem, but we'll have to see how that will look like.

Is anyone of you able to catch some HD photos in the real plane (preferably a pilot)?

Hi,

actually nothing right now as unfortunatly the last photoshooting did not provide pictures good enough to use them as photoreal (we need a "y" key in real life to turn these aircraft out of the sun!).

I start thinking about using some non photoreal buttons now to overcome this problem, but we'll have to see how that will look like.

Is anyone of you able to catch some HD photos in the real plane (preferably a pilot)?

I'm a flight attendant for Swiss Intl. Air Lines on the Airbus Fam.. tell me what you need, you can add me as well on Facebook: Simon Bärlocher

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, I send the E-Mail about a week or two ago!

While waiting for Simons pictures I'm now on a few other parts of the cockpit where I'm adding some detail such as some random blue + signs that are scattered around the real cockpit.
Seriously, what did Airbus do there?

Does anyone know why those blue + signs are there on some parts of the panel?

Please login to display this image.

(Ps.: Yes, this is a real life photo, I'm not that talented!)

Archived