AES problem

steveuk

Hi

I've installed the AES base pack, but when I use the program to setup the default EDDN to show in FS, after selecting EDDN, when I click the save changes and close program, I get a pop-up saying "Run- time error 429 ActiveX component can't create object" and it exits

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Steve

That error points to an active-x component (or componentS) tht has not been registered correctly during install. This can sometimes happen when this component was used or blocked by a different program during install (or is missing VB6.dll).

Did you try a reinstall as that would be my first suggestion. Please make sure your firewall/antivirus is not interfering with the install by disabling it.

If you know which component exactly is not registered, you could register it manually by using Regsvr32.exe, but I would try to reinstall first.

Maybe you could also post the exact module (.ocx) that the error message refers to, so Oliver get's an idea where/what happened.

Regards

Carsten

Thanks for the replies...I run XP, I've tried reinstalling without antivirus running and i've installed the VisualBasic Runtime Modules and I still get the error message...i'm not sure how to find out with file is causing the error...

AppName: aeshelp.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.53 ModName: unknown

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 100015b0

• Developer

Ok,

only for my understanding:

You get the error, when you press "Exit Programm" in the main Window, not when you press "Save changes and close Window" below the list of the Airports.

Did this also happen, when you start AEShelp and close it direct after?

brgds

Oliver Pabst

It only happens when I have an airport selected with a tick in the box eg default EDDN, then I click the button at the bottom of the activation of airports page, the one thats labelled "save changes and close window" and I get the error message.

If I unselect the airport...so that all the boxes are unselected and press the button, I don't get the error message Its just when I have EDDN selected at the same time.

• Developer

Ok,

I think I know what happens here:

Is it possible that you don't have no MS Internet Explorer and no MSWord on your PC? I use the Scripting to make a copy of the airportfile and that part is maybe missing.

The workaround for you at the moment is:

Go to <FSMAIN>AerosoftAESAIRPORT directory and

copy (!!! not MOVE!!!) the file AESA_EDDN_DEF.BGL (if you want the Default Scenery Version) or AESA_EDDN_GAP.BGL (If you have the Aerosoft GAP 1 Version) to the directory

<FSMAIN>AerosoftAESSCENERY

Then start the FS and all should work fine.

I search for a solution in the next AESHelp Version.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Thanks for the work around Oliver! I do have Internet Explorer and Word installed. I'm currently using the latest version of IE, the one that recently came out.

Thanks again

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm still having a problem with AES, when I click on an airport to install I get an error message saying i'm missing the scripting modules...Where do I get these modules from?

Thanks

Steve

• Developer
Hi

I'm still having a problem with AES, when I click on an airport to install I get an error message saying i'm missing the scripting modules...Where do I get these modules from?

Thanks

Steve

Can you look to your windowssystem32 directory if there is a scrrun.dll.

if not, you can you please look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...eb-95a22b832caa

That sounds much like that what you need.

If not, maybe a virus scanner can be a reason, that it blocks to run the scripting. I don't see that yet, but you never know. When it is very hard confiured, maybe.

brgds

Oliver