Help, my A320/321 looks like a Skeleton of a plane!

Well, I found out what HIGHMEMFIX=1 is supposed to do, added the line to the cfg file under Grafics, and guess what, nope, it didn't work. My Airbus still looks like a skeleton!

• Deputy Sheriffs

There can't be two files with the same name in one and the same folder...

Please make sure that you have edited this file:

c:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg

Tom, there are two files with the same name, except that one of them had .txt extension, while the other one did not show its extension. I assumed the one without the extension would be the proper file, but I added the line to both just in case. To make sure, I'm back on my laptop to check, yes I am looking at it now, and it has two of those files, one with an extent ensign and one without!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Make sure that in the explorer all file extensions are visible. And only the file named "fsx.cfg" is relevant.

BTW: which version exactly of FSX are you using?

Hi guys, I'm using an HP 17" display laptop, 1 terabyte hard drive, 8gigs memory, windows 8.1 pro, an Intel graphics card built in, I think it's 1gig or so, FSX Gold, I have just been on it, but found that the line I added had affected my other aircraft, I couldn't see them from the outside of the aircraft, the views had been affected, so I've taken the line out, and I'm back to normal with my original craft. However the Air bus 320/321 still looks like the skeleton it was. Very annoying, as I've paid top dollar for it!

Strangely enough, I did have SP2 installed. I decided to uninstall it and then reinstall. After uninstalling, I ran FSX to see what might happen. I loaded the Air Bus and surprise surprise it appeared as it normally should, no skeleton. However , the Nav Display and Engine and warning Diplay were blank, even though the engines were running I wasn't able to get the plane rolling, very strange.

Tom, I did what you recommended, ie: donloaded the simconnect.zip file, unzipped it and did the installation for all three files, but to no avail, it just doesn't work. I can hear engines on but no displays are available, tried the overhead display to tweak switches etc, nothing happens! Im now stuck with no FSX at all!

No, I mean the Airbus 320 from aerosoft doesn't work at all. Although it looked skeletal, at least I was able to fly it, now I can't get to move at all. FSX works ok with the default aircraft after uninstalling the sim connect files.

I reinstalled the Windows SP2 for FSX, started FSX again, loaded the Airbus 320 and suddenly everything looks normal, the plane flew quite well, although I do need to work on lots of stuff to get to grips with the workings of the FMS and auto pilot. Thanks for all the input to try and solve my problem, but I can safely say it's all good now.

• 5 months later...

Archived