Approach checklist won't start

Till12

I have done 2 flights so far and the only issue I had both times is that the Approach chart will not start when it is supposed to, either by hitting 1 on the keypad, or from the MCDU2. APPROACH is shown in Orange and when I click on it, it doesn't start. What I discovered to do was I had to enter the Options-Checklist then turn copilot off, then on again. The checklist will then begin and all is fine. Any ideas ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

first queastion: Did you read the Vol6 StepbyStep guide chapter 5.20 #234 where the conditions for the start of the APPR CL are explained? Then I would like you to try the following:

• Use the INFOBAR and tell us exactly what it states when you are near the DECEL PT.......The message should pop up app. 10 NM before the DECEL POINT and the checklist automatically starts 5 NM before the DECEL POINT.
  • If you are not following the MCDU F-PLAN p.e. flying a vector approach then delete the waypoints you already passed or will not pass anymore. Details how to fly a vector approach you will find in chapter 6 of the a. m. manual

If the problem still remains I need detailed information on your F-PLAN and what you are doing. Because I need to reproduce the issue. before we can look into the problem if its in the software.

Regards,

Rolf

Hi

Yes I am doing the Step by Step tutorial flight LOWILFMN01 and I have followed the guide and reference #234, I use the infobar and it says the APPROACH CL is available to start in xx miles, then it goes past the DECEL POINT and doesn't start, either automatically, or if I click on the MCDU2 checklist item. I am not doing a vector approach

Hello there.

Just to know ... did you ACTIVATE on MCDU Left, Approach on PERF, APPR phase? I guess this is crucial too.

roberto

[EDIT] I beg your pardon. I said a foolish thing ...

APPR phase is still automatically activated when the plane overflies "D" point, as indicated on ND, i.e. Deceleration Point. I mean the RW Bus does that, and since AS Bus is properly simulated on this phase... it's gonna be activated even though you don't activate on MCDU1. Apologies

Hanse

The info said APP starts in 4.5 miles or MCDU2 start CL or press 1. Pressing 1 nothing happens. So I go to the options-checklist, then deselect the copilot, then reselect it, and the CL immediately starts.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I would like you to test / check the following things:

• Wait until the distance on the INFOBAR goes down to ZERO. Does the APPR CL automatically start?
  • Go to the MCDU 2 MENU - CHECKLIST - CHECKLIST - CHECKLIST B page and check if the APPROACH is "orange". Try to start it using LSK1R.
  • Do you use any other program which also uses "1" on the keyboard. There are programs like EZDOC or PRO ATC X which also use this hotkey.

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Hanse

It now seems to work as expected. CL starts when I hit 1 when the infobar notes it is available. Not sure why it didn't before.

thanks

Archived