Airbus EXT cause FSX CRASH?

MigloInce

Hello,

I didn't know where to put my topic.

I think my airbus EXT and PMDG is causing my FSX to crash. I have the FSX + Acceleration pack and i have installed the SP1?

I have attached a picture of my event manager.. Hope someone can help me :)

Kind regards

- Ince

post-72791-0-62990600-1433455167_thumb.p

This is known issue of FSX. It doesn't relate to the addons you are using.

Go to Windows/System32 and Windows/SysWOW64. In there, in both folders there is a file "uiautomationcore.dll". This is what's causing the problem. Before you run FSX, rename that in both folders to "uiautomationcore.dll.old". Don't delete the files and don't change their base name. It may be capitalised (UIAutomationCore.dll) or not. Just leave everything as it is and add .old in the end. If you can't see the extension in the name go to folder options and de-select an option for hiding extensions of known files, before you rename it. This should fix your problem. You need to log in with an administrator account to do it and you may also need to uncheck in folder options the box that says hide protected system files (I don't remember if you need to do that or not).

Doing so won't harm your pc in any way. The only complication may arise if some graphical application needs it to run. In such a case, it will just crash to desktop when you run it with the corresponding error message. If that happens just revert the name back to "uiautomationcore.dll" and use the application, then rename it again when you want to run FSX. To be honest in windows 7 and 8, I've only come across one-two applications that have crashed because of renaming it, so I just leave it like that. You may also need to revert your theme to a windows basic or classic theme, instead of an Aero theme, but again I'm not sure as I don't use Aero anyway.

Also if you have acceleration installed, you don't need to install sp1 and sp2 separately, as they are included in the Acceleration installation. If you installed SP1 again after acceleration it is possible you have corrupted your fsx installation also. The correct process for installing FSX from the gold edition dvd is to install the deluxe dvds, run fsx and boot the default flight. When it loads end flight and close fsx, restart pc and install acceleration dvd.

Hi Stathis Z.,

Thanks for the respond! Sadly i can't get acces to add ''.old'' in the end..

- Ince

What is the problem exactly? Can't you see the file, or you can see it and get a message? can you post a screenshot of what happens exactly?

If it says you don't have access, with an administrator account, right click on the file go to properties, then security->advanced. From there go to the owner tab and press edit. It should give you a list with your account name and Administrator and other accounts if you have. Select your account name and press ok and apply. It should now change the owner to your account name instead of Administrator. Then go security again and set read and write access for your account. Do the same for the other file in the other system folder and you should be able to edit both.

The problem is that i can't rename/add .old in the "uiautomationcore.dll''. It says that my user dosen't have acces to it? And i am the administrator user..

What map? The file is under C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64. You need to change both. THey have the same filename. I wrote you how to gain access in the previous post. By default system files are owned by the "Administrators". Even though your account is an administrator account, it is not the owner of the file. So you do what I said above to change the owner to "xxx" whatever your actual account name is. Then again in Properties->Security, it says press edit to change permissions. Press the edit button, select your account (not the Administrators, your actual account name) and check it has full access to the file and you should be able to do anything with it.

Did you rename both files? in System 32 and SysWOW64? Try restarting your pc and trying again. Did you add a "uiautomationcore.dll" file to the FSX directory before? If yes you need to delete that.

Jep i renamed both files, i restarted the PC. And no i dont have the file in the FSX directory

And it gives you the same error message? When does that happen? Immediately after you run it or while you are playing?

If that is still happening after renaming them, the most likely scenario is that you have corrupted your FSX installation (by installing SP1 over Acceleration). This issue was addressed in SP2 and by installing SP1 over it you probably reverted some files to their old state. In that case you need to uninstall FSX completely with all addons, delete folders

and reinstall it properly. You need to install the two Deluxe DVDs, then run FSX and boot the default flight. Then end flight, close FSX and restart PC and then install the Acceleration DVD and do the same. Don't install any Service pack over that, as Acceleration will install both service packs. Then setup your settings and see if it runs properly with no addons, and start adding them slowly to see if any other errors occur. You may also need to install the FSX SDK. In order to do that, after you have installed FSX completely, insert DVD 1 of the deluxe edition, go to the sdk folder and install sdk.msi. Next insert the Acceleration disk, go to the sdk\sp1a subfolder and install fsx_sdl_sp1a.exe. After that, in the Acceleration disk go to the sdk folder again and install sdk.msi and no other sdk installers even if they are there. You also need to install them in this specific order.

BTW do you also get an error message for a .dll file in the PMDG aircraft? If you get errors for other .dll files too in addons, then it is even more likely that your installation is corrupted.

Normally i can't even takeoff before it crash.. But now i'm already climbing and i think it helped!

Thanks aaaalot my friend!

btw. my FS isn't corrupted :PP.

Okay, great, I hope it works cross your fingers :P If you didn't mess the installation with installing SP1, it should work and fsx shouldn't need uiautomationcore.dll to run. Also if you added that file to the fsx folder in \User\xx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX as to other suggestions, you need to delete it. If you keep getting the same error, despite renaming the files, and you also get errors in other .dll files of addons, then you "broke" SP2 by installing SP1. In that case restore the name of the two files, follow the steps for reinstalling fsx from scratch in the previous post and then rename them again.

Renaming files of any kind in Windows System folders is a recipe for disaster . They are there for a reason . The uiautomationcore.dll is not just " needed " for FSX but is used by other programmes as well . By renaming in in your System folder , these other programmes will not work properly either .

The solution given on reputable flightsim sites ( AVSIM , Flightsim.com and Flight1 ) is to download another version of uiautomationcore.dll ( there are two that work ) and place this in your FSX main folder .

Strongly suggest that the OP pays a visit to one of the sites I mention above ( all have FREE registration ) and search there for the " correct " solution .

Renaming the uiautomationcore.dll file specifically has zero (0) possibility of causing a "disaster" and the file is not necessary for the system to run, but is a runtime library for applications. The only side effect will be that an application that uses the Windows accessibility API, which is an accessibility provision platform in .NET, will crash to desktop when opening, which is definitely not a disaster. This file provides the code that allows for the provider and client application to exchange UI information. Simply renaming the file will allow the application that uses Windows Accessibility features to run normally again. The only potential error in FSX can be caused if you select exit game while in flight, in which case you might get a crash to desktop message and honestly I've never done that, nor does this cause any problem at all. It can definitely not cause a disaster or anything that can't be reverted by simply restoring the file's name, which will allow those applications to run as I said in my first post. I don't even have one application that needs it and I have a lot of stuff installed. Chances are you will have max 1-2 applications, in which case if you use them often you can make a .bat script and run with the app to do the renaming automatically.

Redistributing, downloading and running different or older versions of runtime .dll libraries that are under redistribution protection and which you can't track where they came from, is not a good suggestion or the "correct" solution and can prove much more a disastrous recipe than this simple fix (e.g trojans) . This will fix crashes due to the file 100% provided SP2 is installed, without even trying different versions of the file. I know very well what the file does and I wouldn't have suggested it if it were dangerous to the system in any way.

So you are saying that the above mentioned sites are completely wrong in the " advice " they give and you are right ?

I know who I am going to believe .

Don't forget to mark this post down as well , will you .

I don't understand exactly what your problem is mate.

What I said exactly is that this fix works and causes no issues to the system and I explained you why. Yes, I know very well what it does because I have used the package a few times in my work. The rest is just you playing with words. This fix works 100%, is legal to do, is simple, handles the original file of .NET and is not dangerous to the system in any way and the guy didn't mind doing it. I never said they are wrong, it is you who is saying I am wrong, despite the fact it works and despite the fact you don't seem to have specific knowledge on the matter other than "go to that reputable site and do as they say" and "the file is there for a reason" (although you don't know the reason). Just accept that both solutions work. I marked your post because you are dismissing the solution without having any knowledge about it. And that after the solution apparently worked, so you're not really adding anything to the thread other than your file renaming phobia, so you shouldn't really complain about that.

No, renaming files of any kind in System is not a recipe for disaster, renaming files you don't know what they do is. I didn't ask him to go "rename files of any kind in System", but a specific file which I know what it does and he can always rename it back with absolutely zero consequences whatsoever. I didn't have him do anything harmful to the system. Just because you don't know what the file is, does or are afraid to alter its name doesn't mean what I proposed is wrong or more wrong or whatever.

On the other hand, sharing files that come from redistributable packages on a per-file basis is illegal and some of you guys seem to be taking it quite light-heartedly. I doubt you would be light-hearted if someone shared your copyrighted or licenced work for example. Laws are there and either you follow them or not. Choosing which law suits you to follow doesn't mean it's ok just because you can do it. Moreover, the file you will download there will be the file that this guy got from another guy, who got it from another guy and so on and they're being circulated for almost 10 years. It's not that the reputable sites made it or something, nor that they can guarantee its origin. These things operate on a good will basis. This doesn't imply anything about the sites at all, just the simple fact that you can't track where it came from and you can't really know what it does unless you have pretty advanced knowledge. If you are willing to illegaly download and run runtime libraries of dubious origin on your computer, from reputable yet unauthorised sources, you are free to do so. I know better than to suggest someone to do that. I don't even get the point of your last post which looks much uglier than the first one to be honest.

If it was the case that the downloading of UIAutomationcore.dll was in any way " illegal " then I am sure that AVSIM ( for example ) would be one of the first to remove any links to it .
Below is part of the AVSIM FSX/P3D/FS9 Crash-to-Desktop Guide available here : http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/65-avsim-crash-to-desktop-guide-for-fsx-p3d-fs9/

" ... If FSX freezes up while going back and forth from the FSX menu or right-clicking your mouse during a flight, try placing one of the following 32 bit UIAutomationcore.dll modules into your main FSX folder:
Version: 6.05840.16386 - This 32 bit version was the Vista and pre-FSX SP1 version which seems to work the best for the majority of members. We recommend this version be installed.
Version: 6.0.6001.18000 - This version is the version used with Vista and FSX SP1. It is recommended by many computer experts throughout the flight simulator community but has caused problems for several as attested in our CTD Forum. This version is not readily available on the Internet except at a few commercial websites (i.e., Flight1 SimForums or PMDG) that believe this version is the proper one to install. If you find that the 16386 version did not prevent FSX menu freezes, you can conduct a search for the 18000 version.
More information and discussions about the proper version can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421820-wrong-version-of-uiautomationcoredll/. ... "

Maybe you should take it upon yourself to notify AVSIM , Flight1 and PMDG ( and other flightsim sites that also have this information ) , that they are ( all ) involved in illegal practices .

There are also several post here at Aerosoft where others have had this same " problem " as the OP and the same advice is given to search for UIAutomationcore.dll at the aforementioned sites .

That you are comfortable editing files / folders in Windows System is fine for you but most members that post here are not ( myself NOT included ) , as I posted above there is no need to edit those files , just to download UIAutomationcore.dll from one of the sites posted above and install in the main FSX folder .

This argument is like saying "If pirating windows was illegal, then no one would be doing it". If tax evasion is illegal, then why do people tax-evade again? In most of those sites you can also find a bunch of modification on addons (like VC textures for example) which have been made on copyrighted files (especially on avsim since you mentioned it). The fact that companies like aerosoft or microsoft aren't being pricks having 20 or 2000 people searching for licencing breach, doesn't mean it is ok to do. Most of these companies seem to jump whenever they see their redistributable packages modified in another forum, (PMDG doesn't allow it on their forum even), but don't seem to care about others' packages. It doesn't mean that because it suits the purpose of the forums it's not illegal. I don't have any interest in notifying anyone. If you are in doubt, read the Windows and the .NET Redistributable EULA. Microsoft products are not freely redistributable. Redistributable package licencing prohibits copying and installing indivitual files explicitly, as it prohibits installing them on unlicenced (pirated Windows). You are only allowed to install the full package from its installer provided by Microsoft and that only on licenced computers. You can search legislation if you are interested and I am not obliged to read it aloud to anyone.

You seem to be stuck on the legal issue, while the issue of downloading unknown runtime libraries, which is more dangerous doesn't bother you much as it seems. On the contrary you seem to be encouraging people to do it, despite they don't have knowledge on what runtimes do. In that case why renaming the file does bother you then? If someone is not comfortable to simply rename a file which 99.9% of the time does nothing (actually infinitely close to 100% if you count it in CPU clock time) and that 0.1% you can still rename it again to get functionality back, I really doubt adding runtime libraries like that is something they should be doing. Again I haven't needed to rename it back ever, but even if you do need to do it frequently, you can just write a renaming script and launch it with the apps and do the opposite for fsx. So people aren't comfortable in renaming system libraries, but they are comfortable downloading and running them from other users? This doesn't make any sense. Why do you trust more a file on the internet someone gave you in a reputable forum, than the simple solution of just renaming the original file that is already there? This also doesn't make sense. If I had any intention of harming his computer, wouldn't I be doing my magic in that uiautomationcore.dll and sending it, rather than trying to work it out for an hour? Wouldn't I be posting the "fixed" file in a reputable forum and have people clapping below in masses, spreading my dominion like ants? :)

Again, if you want to do that you are free to do so. I am really trying, but I can't seem to see the point of your argument on this again. I just proposed a solution, it worked end of story. It's just two different viewpoints that both work (downloading the ui file btw and putting it there, doesn't work in all versions of Windows and in all builds of Windows even if you try both available versions of the file). You said it is dangerous, I replied it is not. Why do we need to keep discussing this again? Just leave it at that and let's go get a cup of tea or crash land a plane or something :)

Thank you guy who downvotes all my forum posts every morning you wake up, even when they are correct, yet you always upvote comments with a bad attitude or out of topic made by others :) Seems this forum has an attitude issue of some sorts. It's good to know you're there, watching me silently in the shadows, but I will disappoint you as you are not my first thought when I wake up :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you guy who downvotes all my forum posts every morning you wake up, even when they are correct, yet you always upvote comments with a bad attitude or out of topic made by others :) Seems this forum has an attitude issue of some sorts. It's good to know you're there, watching me silently in the shadows, but I will disappoint you as you are not my first thought when I wake up :)

Just out of curriosity ... if you are trying to help and John states a different POV why would you try to prove that yours is the correct one and his isn't? And on a side note, who cares about a downvote if you are just trying to help out? ;)

guy who downvotes all my forum posts every morning you wake up

you always upvote comments with a bad attitude or out of topic

Why are you creating stories?

It will not help at all.

Archived