Is there any way to change Robin Dr400 IAS from km/h to Knots

Maltloaf

I have just bought the Aerosoft Robin DR400 ac to help me famil with the RL Robin I have started flying only to discover the speedo is in km/h rather than knots (even the G rego one is in km/h). Is there any way to patch this? If not it is completely useless to me. I spent a long time deciding to buy the AS one rather than Lionheart and this is one thing I did not pick up in the reviews. Please please tell me there is a solution and I am missing something obvious!

Malt

By seeing only one review of the Lionheart version, and having used the Aerosoft version in a friend's sim, I can tell you that the readouts are the same. The speedometer looks exactly the same and has an inner circle with knots, as the aerosoft does too.

http://asn.aerosoft.com/?page_id=29676

I dunno if it comes with a mph meter as well in reality, but it kinda makes sense, since it's a tiny French airplane.

Maybe you'll just have to adjust to it and convert the basic speeds like rotation flaps etc. and note them somewhere. 100km/h = 62mph = 54knots :P

In reality it most certainly does come with IAS in knots and as I bought the ac to practice scanning the instruments for flying the real ac the km/h version is useless. It isn't even similar, ie it starts at the 6 o clock position rather than the 12. Knots are in tiny orange letters under the km/h but not useable for practicing flying in Knots. I have found out now the Lionheart one does both. This is not a small issue as it reduces the models market considerably if it is not fixable. Really does need to be pointed out in the description if it is not fixable.

Oh, okay I haven't used the Lionheart but the pictures I saw were all in km/h. Yes, in that case I can understand your frustration especially if the orientation is different. I don't have any trouble

seeing the knot indications, but they are tiny yes so for you it may be annoying.

There are so many screenshots on the productpage showing the airspeedindicator. Didn't you look at them prior to your pruchase?

The reference model has this kind of ASI, which is also standard for the DR400-140B. Hence it will not be "fixed". It is simply no bug.

There is a second reading on the instrument scale the indicates knots so there is not even a disadvantage.

Bests, Joachim

Thank you for your prompt if curt and defensive replies. Yes I looked at the pictures but didn't pick it up. In fact all the pictures for the Lionheart are in km/h but apparently it does both. I didn't say it was a bug, I just asked if there was a way to bring up the kts air speed indicator. And saying it is no disadvantage would be true if I was just planning to mess about in FSX with it but I was going to use it use it to learn to scan the instruments for flying the real DR400 on which I have just started my PPL and the dial is completely different in scale and orientation. Therefore it is a huge disadvantage as a training aid to me. Once I am completely at home flying for real it won't matter but at this point in my training it is not helpful.

Thank you for your time.

None of our products is licensed or certified as training aid for real world aviation, so you do this at your own risk!

They are all entertainmentproducts and should be treated as such!

Once again we can only say that the ASI is already split in two parts, one of them including knots. That's all we can offer you.

Archived