CRJ200 Linux Mint 17.1 64 bit

The CRJ200 serial no is setup ok in 32 bit xplane 10.36 with the serial.dat file present. However the battery switch & mfd's are still black. As far as i can tell the glibc in libstdc++.so.6 is the most recent. The CRJ200 plugin is not showing up in the enabled plugins list. Looking at the xplane log file show the following if it can help.

dlerror:libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dlerror:/home/neil/X-Plane 10/Aircraft/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/lin.xpl: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Even after installing the distros libGLEW.so file this error shows up.

Thank for any help.

This seems like a problem with the Qt framework libraries. You are either having this problem because the Qt libraries that come with the CRJ are old, or because their dependencies are not met. I suppose you have added the i386 arch to the system, since you installed the 32 bit version?

Let me get this correctly, your OS is 64bit, but you have installed the 32bit Xplane?

Just go to the directory /home/neil/X-Plane 10/Aircraft/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics. In there, there should be a folder /32 under which there is another folder "liblinux". liblinux could be directly under that path I gave you also I don't know, but it should be under there somewhere. In my 64bit Xplane it's under CRJ-200/plugins//CRJAvionics/64

Try renaming that folder to liblinux_old and see if it works. Whatever you do, don't delete the folder just rename it. This would force your system to use the Qt libraries of your system to build dependencies at runtime, instead of the aircraft's.

If this doesn't work, you most likely need to add the i386 architecture qt libraries from the apt-repository. Alternatively, you could download the 32 bit Qt library file that shows the error and replace it in the liblinux folder (reverting the name to liblinux), but most likely you won't avoid adding the i386 architecture and the 32bit Qt package.

Why are you running a 32 bit application on an amd64 linux? You shouldn't do that if you don't have the i386 arch installed, and even then it's better to just install the amd64 version :P

It's actually much easier. The Log.txt tells you what is missing:

dlerror:libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

apt-get the libGLEW package for your distribution in the architecture you want to use (64bit). It seems you already did this.

Probably, 1.5 is not available for your distro, so you got a newer one like 1.7 or 1.9.

You now need to make a symlink to the .so file so it can be found as the libGLEW.so.1.5

It's actually much easier. The Log.txt tells you what is missing:

apt-get the libGLEW package for your distribution in the architecture you want to use (64bit). It seems you already did this.

Probably, 1.5 is not available for your distro, so you got a newer one like 1.7 or 1.9.

You now need to make a symlink to the .so file so it can be found as the libGLEW.so.1.5

The thing is that his distro is 64 bit but xplane is 32, so I'm not sure the amd64 library will work. If none of what we have said here work, try that with the 32 bit libGLEW package too.

Sorry i have not explained properly. What i have done is use the 32 bit version to enter serial no and test plane all working ok but then started using 64 bit xplane as OS is 64 bit. In 64 bit xplane the battery switch and black mfds etc and errors in log file. The installed libglew file was libglew1.10.0-3 and the system repo says it it the latest. Will have to see how to install libGLEW.so.1.5.

Sorry i have not explained properly. What i have done is use the 32 bit version to enter serial no and test plane all working ok but then started using 64 bit xplane as OS is 64 bit. In 64 bit xplane the battery switch and black mfds etc and errors in log file. The installed libglew file was libglew1.10.0-3 and the system repo says it it the latest. Will have to see how to install libGLEW.so.1.5.

Yes, but your CRJ apparently is searching the 32 bit libraries for some reason. If it were 64, in runtime it would search in the ...CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/64 folder instead. Try renaming the liblinux folder in there and in the 32 bit folder and downloading the newest package from apt. It should solve your problems because it will force the plane to use the library from your system. Alternatively you can try Philip's way and it should also work. If you have the i386 architecture installed also, rename those liblinux folders in both architectures for the plane and download both the libGLEW and libGLEW:i386 and it should work in both architectures.

No, the CRJ is not searching for 32bit libraries.

The message "dlerror:/home/neil/X-Plane 10/Aircraft/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/lin.xpl: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32" simply means that X-Plane couldn't load the 64bit plugin (because the libGLEW 1.5 is missing), and then tried the plugin one folder up, which of course cannot be loaded, because it's the 32bit plugin.

The solution is simply to symlink libGLEW 1.10 to 1.5.

Trust me, I programmed this thing :)

In the CRJAvionics directory only /liblinux directory & /64/liblinux there is no /32 directory. Will locate libglew1.10.0-3 and create symlink

Okay, that is fine yes. Create a symlink for the amd64 library in the /64 and for the i386 library in the other, or just rename them to liblinux_old and it should run on both architectures.

Thank you very much for the help, the symlink did the trick. For other Mint 17.1 users the libGLEW1.10 is installed under /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu. While looking into to this symlinking of libs i found it is a common problem with a lot of plugins like sasl etc.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

What is the exact terminal command to enter in order to symlink to the libGLEW to the .so file in 64bits Xplane?

Edit: Found it, just created a link to in Pluma (Mate desktop) and then copied the file and changed permissions and renamed it libGLEW.so.1.5

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Now to go practice. :-)

Cheers

PS: This model is extremely accurate! It's the next best thing to flying the real thing or even the Level D sim. Great work!

Ref: current pilot on CL-604 ( 2000hrs CL64 exp)

Ok, now I got my 64 bits going, but my controls keep disconnecting...Saitek pro flight yoke system. 

Don't have that problem in 32 bits, but the issue there is that it crashes my desktop all the time whenever I got a little weather. That's at the lowest rendering possible too. 

kind of annoying. I got an fx4170 with 8gb of ram and an R7 360. This shouldn't be happening.  Too bad, and really like the plane. I guess it's good for vfr circuits. Lol. 

OK. 

Finally got the 64 bits going and steady. 

The issue for the disconnection was the USB port for some reason. I switched from the USB in the back of the desktop to the front one and it works like a charm now. 

Did 2 ILS,  one coupled and so far so good. All in VFR, but I don't anticipate any issues with the ifr because the 64 bits has tons of ram to tap into. 

Again, so close to the real thing with the alt cap, gs capture and all. Very impressive. 

Cheers. 

Archived