Shutdown engines sound

Hello,

I have a (very very) little issue with the shutdown engines sound. Sometimes, i don't have it. I really don't know what is wrong, because i don't what i do or not to have this issue.

Log file exists for sound ? i don't know where to find to solved it.

I someone can give me some ways.

thanks

nicolas

I have hotfix 1.30e

I've forwarded it to the developers and we'll have a look into this. Thanks for the reports.

Hello,

I have a (very very) little issue with the shutdown engines sound. Sometimes, i don't have it. I really don't know what is wrong, because i don't what i do or not to have this issue.

Log file exists for sound ? i don't know where to find to solved it.

I someone can give me some ways.

thanks

nicolas

I have hotfix 1.30e

That issue has been around for quite a while for me in earlier versions (1.2, 1.1 ...) as well, and I am also still experiencing it with 1.30e.

I have this too, sometimes I'm losing all the two shutdown sounds. After everything is shut down (APU, external power generator), in outside view I have a some kind of engine whine sound which I could't find in the sound folder. Strange...

• 6 months later...

Is this supposed to be fixed with 1.31?

I'm asking because I still get this problem (spooldown sounds abruptly cutting out when turning off last engine) with 1.31.

On my system it happens more often with the A319 than the A320/321, but it does happen on the latter as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2015 at 8:34 PM, MatthiasGTR said:

I think it disappears when you set the parking brake first and then shut down the engines.

My experience

I always set the parking brake and secure the aircraft before shutting down the engines. Still, sometimes the engine spooldown sound is missing when turning the engines off.

I have meanwhile built a new computer. The old one had an ASUS sound card and runs Win 7 pro, the new one has a Creative sound card and runs Win 10 pro (clean install of everything with latest drivers, no upgrade install).

On both machines I have experienced the same problem. So I guess it is not a hardware/driver issue, but something is wrong with the sounds as such or with the way the code invokes these sounds.

This is a little annoying since it takes away from the immersion after having successfully completed a flight and shutting down at the gate.

Interestingly, this appears to work better on the A320/321 series where the shutdown sound fails to play every now and then, whereas on the A318/319 the problem seems to be worse and the sounds are failing to play more often. 

14 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Files are supposed to be the same, so this seems hard to imagine.  Are you absolutly sure?

Yes, this is quite strange, I get your point. I even went so far as to uninstall both the A318/319 and the A320/321 package, clean everything out properly on the file system and then re-install only the A320/321 package from scratch.

I have done three flights in the A320 CFM so far and everytime the shutdown sounds at the gate would play for both engines after the flight, whereas it was the norm that the sounds would not play in the same situations when using the A319 CFM.

Also, in those cases when the sounds played with the A319 CFM, they were very low volume only and barely audible, whereas in the A320 CFM the shutdown sounds play with appropriate volume and clearly audible.

Also, on my system there appears to be a difference in the transition from idle engine sound to shutdown sound when comparing the A319 CFM with the A320 CFM.

In the A319 CFM, the idle engine sound would be quite loud, and the subsequent shutdown sound would not provide a smooth transition, but would quite abruptly cut into something barely audible.

This transition from idle engine to shutdown sound is a lot better with the A320.

How this is possible if the sound-related files (.wav's and sound.cfg) are supposed identical remains a mystery to me. However, I did not check and compare the sound.cfg files.

Like I said before, it's not perfect in the A320 CFM either and every now and then the shutdown sounds won't play, but this happens far less often than I experienced this with the A319 CFM.

I run FSX SP2, Win 10 Pro x64, ASN SP4, GSX, OrbX Global, UTX Europe 2, and a couple of addon Airports (mostly Aerosoft).

Sound card is a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with the latest drivers from Creative, but I experienced the same behavior comparing A319 CFM and A320 CFM on my old computer as well which had an ASUS Xonar sound card and ran Win 7 pro x64.

More flights with the A320 CFM and only the A320/321 package installed.

The shutdown sounds haven't failed to play so far.

Something must be different in the A318/319 package. Unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what might happen if one copies the sound stuff from the A320/321 package over to the A318/319 package since I am experiencing far less sound issues with the A320. All CFM.

At least the Aerosoft A319 CFM uses the same engine as the A320 CFM, so it might be possible (or screw things up completely).

Well, I did exactly that. I renamed the Sound_CFM folder in the A318/319 base folder and made a symbolic link Sound_CFM pointing to the Sound_CFM folder of the A320/321 base folder.

And, go figure, the sounds play as they should, even the engine shutdown sounds are again playing.

So, I can finally happily fly the A319 CFM again :-)

This also proves that there is definitely something up with the sound configuration and/or sound files of the A318/319 CFM package.

Archived