Release : Airport Enhancement Services - an introduction

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
Are there any plans to extend this product to airports created by other developers in the future - I'm thinking specifically about the UK2000 range of airports.

Yes, but it is a lot of work and we need assistance from the developers of the airports (so perhaps it is fastest to contact them!).

A lot of people asked about Amsterdam Schiphol (Cloud9) but they use a different system for the gates and this one will be very hard to implement.

• Developer
Great product keepup the good work just one question before I get time to try it out can I tell the follow me cars after landing which gate I will be using eg ATC has told me to taxi to gate D12 (VATSIM etc)?.

Hi,

you can select the gate in the FollowMe window, but you can't say, how he has to drive, he will allways use the shortest way. So maybe it is different to the controllers path.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Hi

I can´t activate hannover. I have the mark before the airport but there is no file A2 inside... I bought 10 credits, so I suppose that I can get both airports working...

harpsi

• Developer
Hi

I can´t activate hannover. I have the mark before the airport but there is no file A2 inside... I bought 10 credits, so I suppose that I can get both airports working...

harpsi

For Hannover there is no A2 file, the only need file is AESA_EDDV_GAP.BGL. For EDDV the standard "AFCAD" of the scenery is used.

When the file above is in the ..AerosoftAESScenery directory and AES-Basepack is at the topmost Positon in the Scenery Library (Prio 1) EDDV sould work.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Sorry Oliver Sorry mathjiskok you was thinking of scraping this programe :shock: :shock: :shock: could you maybe start a mailing list as when other airports have been done I still have a few credits and a bit of money I can still remember flying before AES.

• Aerosoft
Sorry Oliver Sorry mathjiskok you was thinking of scraping this programe :shock: :shock: :shock: could you maybe start a mailing list as when other airports have been done I still have a few credits and a bit of money I can still remember flying before AES.

Our plans now:

Simwings:

LEPA (Palma)

LEIB (Ibiza) as free version

LEMH (Mahon) as free version

LEBL (Barcelona)

GAP:

EDDS (Stuttgard)

EDDH (Hamburg)

EDDW (Bremen)

That should be all done well before Xmas.

Hello

Misha_K asked a good question which has not been answered

"I understand the need to "unlock" specific airports with respect to the moving gates etc. But would it not be possible to have the pushback truck feature anywhere? In the end, all you'd have to tell it is to push back to the nearest taxiway behind the aircraft. Likewise, will the snow and standing water on the runway effects work on other airports? Again, I should think this could easily be made to apply everywhere. "

This would certainly enhance the value of AES in my opinion and I would not have a problem with paying extra for these features.

Mike Lally

• Developer
Hello

Misha_K asked a good question which has not been answered

"I understand the need to "unlock" specific airports with respect to the moving gates etc. But would it not be possible to have the pushback truck feature anywhere? In the end, all you'd have to tell it is to push back to the nearest taxiway behind the aircraft. Likewise, will the snow and standing water on the runway effects work on other airports? Again, I should think this could easily be made to apply everywhere. "

This would certainly enhance the value of AES in my opinion and I would not have a problem with paying extra for these features.

Mike Lally

Hi,

I would do that, if I could. But the AES based technologie is working direct in the scenery engine, and there I have no access to any AF (afcad) data, solong I don't provide them via the AES special data files.

Even when I had all Taxiway etc, I could do the Runway features online, no problem, but to calc the Pushback, could be much more difficult, when you want a realistic result: When you have a conection from Position to Taxiway and there are only 2 Pathes attached to that point, maybe you can say, this are may pushdirections. But, what do you do, when you have only 1 Path or multi pathes. How you want to calc a push, where you need a special pattern to do it correct. The logic behind is very complex to have a result, which can handel all hundert or million possible situations.

When it would be so easy, MS had done this in FS X, but the also only push forward and the user must say how it goes.

Maybe we have sometimes the technologie to see the AF data online and maybe we find a logic to calculate all, but at the moment it is not possible.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Question for Oliver,

When I cancel the pushback with F2 (after I released my parking brakes) I cannot get the pushback window up again with CTRL-SHIFT-W. Is that normal? And if so, is it possible to start the pushback sequence again in a new release of AES? Sometimes you make an mistake to release the brakes and still want to pushback if you made another mistake to push the F2 button in the pushback menu.

• Developer
Question for Oliver,

When I cancel the pushback with F2 (after I released my parking brakes) I cannot get the pushback window up again with CTRL-SHIFT-W. Is that normal? And if so, is it possible to start the pushback sequence again in a new release of AES? Sometimes you make an mistake to release the brakes and still want to pushback if you made another mistake to push the F2 button in the pushback menu.

Please try to close the window with the mouse by click the X in the upper right corner, then you shoud be able to reopen it with Ctrl-Shift-W. The Close window with the F-Key I will check and correct in next update.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Is there somewhere a sort of sequence of events as to how the start/pushback sequence should work - what I should see etc please?

So far I have configured my Level-D which sits really nicely at EDDF with the gate beautiffully located at the main door. But I cannot see the push-back tug at all. The marshaller is there by my nosewheel. I released the parking brake the the gate undocked from the aircraft so that part is working ok. I'd just appreciate so clue as to what happens and what I should be seeing afa the pushback sequence is concerned.

Thanks in advance - it's a brilliant idea :)

• Developer
Is there somewhere a sort of sequence of events as to how the start/pushback sequence should work - what I should see etc please?

So far I have configured my Level-D which sits really nicely at EDDF with the gate beautiffully located at the main door. But I cannot see the push-back tug at all. The marshaller is there by my nosewheel. I released the parking brake the the gate undocked from the aircraft so that part is working ok. I'd just appreciate so clue as to what happens and what I should be seeing afa the pushback sequence is concerned.

Thanks in advance - it's a brilliant idea :)

Did you get a popup window, after you released the brakes?

Try to press ctrl-shift-W after release brakes, when the window don't pop up.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Yes Oliver - I did get a pop-up window. Then for some unknown reason it vanished (at the time I couldn't find out how to get it to return - now I know to use Ctrl-Shift-W), but I figured it was down to me fiddling around with the external views etc.

What I really wanted to know was what I was supposed to see and when in the way of the push-back tug. Does it suddenly appear or should it be there from the beginning?

Thanks again.

• Developer
Yes Oliver - I did get a pop-up window. Then for some unknown reason it vanished (at the time I couldn't find out how to get it to return - now I know to use Ctrl-Shift-W), but I figured it was down to me fiddling around with the external views etc.

What I really wanted to know was what I was supposed to see and when in the way of the push-back tug. Does it suddenly appear or should it be there from the beginning?

Thanks again.

Direct after you press the F-Key to select the pushdirection, the Truck appear in front and move back to the nosewheel.

Thats how it works at the moment.

brdgs

Oliver Pabst

• Aerosoft

Direct after you press the F-Key to select the pushdirection, the Truck appear in front and move back to the nosewheel.

Thats how it works at the moment.

brdgs

Oliver Pabst

I know it is not common and sort of preaching for your own parish, but I got to say a profound thanks to Oliver for his support of AES. It is his brainchild so he knows best but what he done on the forums the past week is remarkable. Perhaps it is good for me to thank him on behalf of Aerosoft publicly.

And a big "thank you" from me as well.

I love this little jewel of an add-on to pieces and now I keep on flying short hops between EDDF, EDDN and EDDV which I, of course, had to get. :)

Regards,

Jure