Release : Airport Enhancement Services - an introduction

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

This is for sure oine of the best waited addons for flight simulation in general. I was asking such a product for more than 3 or 4 years. It remembers the old FS assist but 1000 times better. :lol:

I would request for this addons, airports like Budapest2007; Portland and Providence from flightscenery; vienna and seattle from flytampa; klax, washington and amsterdam from cloud9 and paris charles de gaulle from sim-wings for the first group of airports. These are major addons so they need your best contribution to make them even more real.

harpsi

• Aerosoft
I Think George Grimshaws Logan would be great, because it is a great airport, really well textured, and it is also freeware.

You have to keep in mind the developers have to give us the 3d code of ghe gates and the textures for the gates, so it could be faster to contact the developers of the scenery!

Hi

And another question: will we have to buy 15 euros of credits to unblock just 2 airports? I ask this because in some time, if we want to unblock 20 airports which is not really much in comparation with the ammount of airports that FS has, we would have to pay 150 euros... and so on, and so on...

harpsi

• Aerosoft
Hi

And another question: will we have to buy 15 euros of credits to unblock just 2 airports? I ask this because in some time, if we want to unblock 20 airports which is not really much in comparation with the ammount of airports that FS has, we would have to pay 150 euros... and so on, and so on...

harpsi

Yes, it will cost 12.88 (rest is tax) for 2 or 3 airports. But most people only use a few airports intensive and you will only unlock the airports you got the detailed files for. In our market research we learned that most user will like to unlock 5 airports.

And believe me, every single airport is a LOT of work, it is not just a question of adding a few bits of data. For example Budapest has a completely different jetway and we have to animate that completely, then position them for every gate, remove the original jetway, design the path for the push back, define the exact location to stop, see if the push back truck can stop there etc.... and that has to be done for every gate.

• Developer
.... and that has to be done for every gate.

... and we don't want to have a high detailed realistic designed beautiful airportscenery and a bad "standard" animation, or?

brgds

Oliver Pabst

So is going to be avaiable for FSX?? I think in the future (maybe in two years... :? :) ) most of people would have this FS installed in his computers so this is probably one of the best add-ons ever made and i'd like to use it on my new FS and of course i want to use it with the new FRA under developed for FlightSim X.

Thank you for your amazing work! 8)

• Aerosoft
Just out of curiosity....any chance to get an indication which airport Oliver is going to do next - luckily I have all of aerosoft's german airports :)

Regards

Carsten

I think we'll do Paris CDG first, but the other GAP airports should follow fast.

Great product, as I can not see me reinstalling FX, as it seems I would lose all the scenery I have bought over the last 4 years.

And this may be a really stupid question....

How will the reinstall of the product work? As I see it once you have activated the credit, on a reformat or something how can we transfer our code to the new install?

The reason I ask this is really how can I make a back up of my already bought credits in case something with my computer goes wrong!

That said, I think I very well may become a big user of this wonderful enhancement

Regards Nigel

Hey guys,

This looks like one of the best little ideas for FS ever since the little LAGO pushback truck for FS2000! I will definitely have to test this out when I get home from work tonight. One little question, though. I understand the need to "unlock" specific airports with respect to the moving gates etc. But would it not be possible to have the pushback truck feature anywhere? In the end, all you'd have to tell it is to push back to the nearest taxiway behind the aircraft. Likewise, will the snow and standing water on the runway effects work on other airports? Again, I should think this could easily be made to apply everywhere.

Misha

Hi Math, I´ve been uninstalled AES, my time to setup the program is rare, I just want my traffic vehicules in EDDF back. How see then again?

ps: I uninstall AES by Windows Control Panel

• Developer
Hi Math, I´ve been uninstalled AES, my time to setup the program is rare, I just want my traffic vehicules in EDDF back. How see then again?

ps: I uninstall AES by Windows Control Panel

Add the ..AerosoftAESLiteforGAP-EDDF directory back to the scenery Library and place it direct above EDDF_2005

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Developer
Oliver an idea about the workaround for the PSS757 ?

André Folkers

Hi,

I did not get the PSS yet, but I ordered the 50N 737, she has the same problem, so I will check it there and give you the results. I think, when we solve it with one plane, we can solve it with all others too.

brgds

Oliver

• Developer
bought 10 credits for AES the problem iam having is that it wont activate the credits any suggestion,s?

thankyou

david.

HI,

You download and run the AES Creditinstaller and you don't get the 10 Credits in AES Help? Is that your problem?

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I did not get the PSS yet, but I ordered the 50N 737, she has the same problem, so I will check it there and give you the results. I think, when we solve it with one plane, we can solve it with all others too.

brgds

Oliver

If one of you can send me the aircraft.cfg file of the PSS (info@aerosoft-shop.com) we might see what is causing the issue.

problem after problem oliver when i set up the aircraft menu for setting up the doors and wheels etc it keeps saying error contecting to fltsim i have fltsim2004 dont know what to do from here can you advise

thankyou

david.

• Developer
problem after problem oliver when i set up the aircraft menu for setting up the doors and wheels etc it keeps saying error contecting to fltsim i have fltsim2004 dont know what to do from here can you advise

thankyou

david.

Can you please follow this thread:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=9653

seams to be the same.

brdgs

Oliver

• Developer
Oliver an idea about the workaround for the PSS757 ?

André Folkers

Yes,

- please make a backup copy of the aircraft.cfg

- open the aircraft.cfg with an editor.

- seach for static_cg_height= should have 11.4

- reduce the value, maybe 11.0 (if not work maybe 10.5)

- restart FS and try it.

It should work with a lower value as default (tested on another airplane), but I can't test it, I don't have it.

Please give a feedback, which value is ok and if you see any other problem with this new value in any system or dynamic of the airplane.

brdgs

Oliver