Release : Airport Enhancement Services - an introduction

• Developer
Ok maybe I missed something... but where is the base pack?

At the productpage

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...i?showd,,D10333

in the lower part (scroll down to DOWNLOADS) there you find the link for the AES Basepack and the Airportpack 1. (The Manual is included in the basepack.)

You can download both for free and test it. Later, if you enjoy it, you buy one Creditpack to activate the Fullmode for Frankfurt and/or Hannover or later released airports.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developer
Hi

I have this new product. The problem is that the product places a new afcad for frankfurt main and I want my old one which I like it more. In fact I can´t replace the new one for the old one because he doesn´t assume that. How can I do this?

harpsi

- Go to AESHelp and uncheck the EDDF Airport and press Save

- go to the directory <FS2004Main>AerosoftAESAirport and move the file name AESA_EDDF_GAP_A2.BGL (Only this File!) to a save place on your disk (if want to use it later).

- Go back to AESHelp and check EDDF again. Now the Afcad is not activated and the Afcad you had before should be active.

In the next version of AESHelp, I add a checkbox where you can say, if you want to have the AES AF-files.

brdgs

Oliver Pabst

- Go to AESHelp and uncheck the EDDF Airport and press Save

- go to the directory <FS2004Main>AerosoftAESAirport and move the file name AESA_EDDF_GAP_A2.BGL (Only this File!) to a save place on your disk (if want to use it later).

- Go back to AESHelp and check EDDF again. Now the Afcad is not activated and the Afcad you had before should be active.

In the next version of AESHelp, I add a checkbox where you can say, if you want to have the AES AF-files.

In the AES it says demo for EDDF and I already have the full version...

harpsi

Hi,

the features are only support at the airport, which are downloadable at the product page. In the next week we will release more Airportpack, so that the list of airports will grow soon.

Brgds

Oliver Pabst

Ok, tks. So, this mean that AES will works in Flytampa, Cloud9 sceneries? :roll:

• Developer
Ok, tks. So, this mean that AES will works in Flytampa, Cloud9 sceneries? :roll:

sorry, not yet. But we will work hard next weeks to provide more airports and Flytampa and Cloud9 will gets our attention too.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Aerosoft

Not now, but more airports are being added. Keep in mind that for EVERY gate and parking we got to determine the exact push back paths etc and need to totally redo the jetways (of course we get the source code from the developers, if we do not we will not add the airport to AES, we are not going to change files copyrighted by others!). Adding AES to a single gate can take several hours!

Hi

Sorry but when I put the file A2 in another location and keep back the assignement, the old afcad is still not available. I opened the lee swordy tool and when I want to make saves as a try, he wants to save things for the file AESA_EDDF_GAP_A2, the same as before...

How to avoid that? I want that aircrafts park, taxi and move according to the afcad I have done myself...

harpsi

• Developer
Hi

Sorry but when I put the file A2 in another location and keep back the assignement, the old afcad is still not available. I opened the lee swordy tool and when I want to make saves as a try, he wants to save things for the file AESA_EDDF_GAP_A2, the same as before...

How to avoid that? I want that aircrafts park, taxi and move according to the afcad I have done myself...

harpsi

Ok, when it is not anymore in the ..AESAIRPORT directory and you don't move it in any other Scenery directory (what you will have done I think), then maybe you don't press SAVE in AESHelp after you uncheck EDDF and this file is still in the AESSCENERY directory.

So please look in the AESSCENERY directory and delete the AESA_EDDF_GAT_A2.BGL there. Then it must be deactive after the restart of the FS

Btw: When you check a airport in AESHelp, AESHelp will copy the related files from AESAIRPORT to AESSCENERY so that he is active next start of the FS. When you later uncheck this airport all related file are deleted in the AESSCENERY and so they are not anymore active.

But never delete a Airport in AESAIRPORT, because then you dont see it anymore in AESHELP.

Sorry, for that complications, but don't get the inspriration for the checkbox to late for the released version. Will be on top of the list for the next update.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

So please look in the AESSCENERY directory and delete the AESA_EDDF_GAT_A2.BGL there. Then it must be deactive after the restart of the FS

I deleted that file and unchecked the box. After that I tried to look in the lee swordy tool and to save something just for experience and he wants to save things to the file AESA_EDDF_GAP_A2...

The Lee swordy tool should find my EDDF afcad which has the name AF2_EDDF_18_25.bgl.

So, I deleted that file and then I went to the lee swordy tool again. It simply finds the stock file and not my afcad. Shall I rename my file AF2_EDDF_18_25.bgl into AESA_EDDF_GAP_A2?

harpsi

Hi

Ok. I found it. I have to rename my afcad file from AF2_EDDF_18_25.bgl to AESA_EDDF_GAP_A2.bgl and then the program AES will catch the information from my afcad. That´s the way. :)

harpsi

• Developer

Did you restart AFCAD after you have removed this file in the AESSCENERY directory. Because AFCAD must reload the list, otherwise he will still see the EDDF of AES.

When the AESA_EDDF_GAP_A2.BGL is not in any active Scenery directory of the FS, AFCAD will not see it and will not save any data with this name.

Then yours must be at the top of the Layerlist in AFCAD.

It could be, that you also must restart once the FS. I don't know, if AFCAD will use the scenery.DAT files to get the active names, but I don't think so.

Oliver

• Developer
Hi

Ok. I found it. I have to rename my afcad file from AF2_EDDF_18_25.bgl to AESA_EDDF_GAP_A2.bgl and then the program AES will catch the information from my afcad. That´s the way. :)

harpsi

Ok, that's also a solution, but take care, when we provide any update for this airport maybe in the future, that the airport Pack installer maybe will overwrite that file. Keep that in mind.

Oliver

Ok, that's also a solution, but take care, when we provide any update for this airport maybe in the future, that the airport Pack installer maybe will overwrite that file. Keep that in mind.

It is just a question of copying all my files to a safe place in order to use them in a later stage again. :D

harpsi

• Developer

At the moment, it is allways the Lufthansa type. It is difficult to say, who service a gate in frankfurt, because it depents on the handling agent, but I can't see, which airline your aircraft is.

I will add differnet types to airports, where other Handingagents are, but different in one airport, maybe is difficult.

Oliver

• Developer
I take it this won't conflict with aircraft that have their own pushback utilities like the Level D 767, the PMDG 747 or Ariane's Boeing Jets?

ricardo

I don't know the 767 and Ariane, but solong you don't must use there pushback features, I don't see any conflict. Like in PMDG 747, you don't need to set the pushback instrument and so you use AES instead where it is active. On non AES airports, you use the aircraft feature as before.

Oliver

I have two words for you guys:

Goodbye FSX ;)

This is fabulous, always wanted a followme car that functions properly and all the other features are "yummy" too, thank you so much AeroSoft for not pushing FS9 out the door.

Hi

Is that sure that all gates are functioning with all aircrafts?

I have airbus 321 parked at A 36 in EDDF but the gate doesnt move in order to be closed to the aircraft so that passengers can leave it...

Sometimes the pushback also doesnt work... In this case the pushback truck is totally under the aircraft, in the middle of it and not pushing the front wheel. Is that normal?

I tried also the feelthere 735 at A 36. Strange behaviour from the pushback truck. First, the truck was attached to the back gear, then while pushing nack, the truck stayed in the same position, but the aircraft moved back. Any reason for this?

harpsi

The demo is so good but after 10 minutes playing, the gates (including the static gates of Mega Frankfurt) disapear and you remain with just the terminal buildings. I've desinstalled the program but the gates are missing. I think this is a fake of the program. Please tell me a solution.