Closing doors before start of Cockpit Prep CL

Hi folks,

Whenever I try and close the front left cabin door for departure it will close then reopen itself automatically again. I will close it again and it will stay shut the second time.

The right MCDU is used at all times to open/close the aircraft doors.

Hope we can find a solution to this problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I think this has nothing to do with the MCDU DOOR OPTION. It seems that it is related to FSX or P3D........ Try to delete the CONTROL function "SHIFT+E" and see if this happens again.

Regards,

Rolf

I have seen that "problem" once on my own system. I think it opens itself automatically if the Cockpit Preperation CL is not completed yet.

I have seen that "problem" once on my own system. I think it opens itself automatically if the Cockpit Preperation CL is not completed yet.

Yep, just tried it I can confirm that. If you notice after it closes, try to reset the aircraft to cold and dark. It will close again and will need to open it 2 times to open again. Pretty sure this happens in that case.

But it's not really a problem since it closes eventually :P

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I would like to reproduce the issue. So please let me know exactly what you are doing:

• Which FS do you use: FSX or P3D?
  • Did you load a previously saved flight or how do you start e.g. do you first load one of the standard planes and then change to the Airbus like it is recommended for FSX users?
  • What do you do next e. g. after the Airbus had been completely loaded?
  • What kind of ACFT STATE are you loading or is there an ACFT STATE set as DEF?
  • When are you closing the doors?

Regards,

Rolf

Hi,

I would like to reproduce the issue. So please let me know exactly what you are doing:

• Which FS do you use: FSX or P3D?
  • Did you load a previously saved flight or how do you start e.g. do you first load one of the standard planes and then change to the Airbus like it is recommended for FSX users?
  • What do you do next e. g. after the Airbus had been completely loaded?
  • What kind of ACFT STATE are you loading or is there an ACFT STATE set as DEF?
  • When are you closing the doors?

Regards,

Rolf

Hello Rolf,

In my case, I use FSX Acceleration with all updates and the SDK installed.

I start with the default flight, in which I have landed the trike to the airport below, set parking brakes on and saved it as default. Then I load the aircraft and choose my departure airport.

(You could just leave it there though at the Friday Harbour parking area.)

After I have loaded it, I have already set the default state to be cold and dark, so the aircraft sets its state.

I turn on batteries and external power and I also turn on the checklist, but don't start the cockpit prep item yet. From there I just press to close the door and this issue occurs. It closes and opens again.

Next time I press to close it, it closes normally.

After the door is closed, I reset the aircraft to cold and dark again, but the door remains closed. After that, if I press to open the door the same thing happens; it tries to open but closes again and then on the next press it opens normally.

This "issue" was present on the AIrbus X too ( I don't know if that is helpful at all to be honest). It also doesn't happen if you have already gone through the cockpit prep checklist.

Personally, it doesn't really bother me at all nor is there some functionality of the aircraft lost. The only reason to look into it is to fine-tune the model for the sake of it, so I wouldn't really mind if this was never addressed or looked into. But if you fly without using the checklist functionality and perform the checks on your own, you would come across this.

Thank you for your time

Regards,

Stathis

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Stathis,

thanks for the detailed information. The procedure you are using is very odd and therefore we never tested it (and also other users since years never had any remarks on this). Enabling the CL and CP-function and then already closing the doors is not SOP. Also at least one open door is a condition for the start of the Cockpit Prep CL. So if the CL is started and the "open door condition" is not met the door will be opened.

If you follow the SOP e. g. closing the doors after the Cockpit Prep CL has been finished everything works well. So I do not evaluate this as a bug.......

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Stathis,

thanks for the detailed information. The procedure you are using is very odd and therefore we never tested it (and also other users since years never had any remarks on this). Enabling the CL and CP-function and then already closing the doors is not SOP. Also at least one open door is a condition for the start of the Cockpit Prep CL. So if the CL is started and the "open door condition" is not met the door will be opened.

If you follow the SOP e. g. closing the doors after the Cockpit Prep CL has been finished everything works well. So I do not evaluate this as a bug.......

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Yes I know this is not SOP and that the procedure requires to run the checklist before.

I didn't open the thread nor do I have a problem with it being as it is which works great.

I just saw someone mentioned it and I simply said the conditions under which it happens.

I don't expect this to be looked into, nor is it worth the effort in my opinion.

Thank you for your time

Archived