AS Flight Recorder for A320/A321

Skyflyerification

Hi folks,

I've been flying the A320 family for a while now and just recently updated to SP3. I have enabled the flight recorder option on the entire A320 family, but it only seems to record flights made with the A318/A319. This was not an issue with the SP2 release.

Although no major issue I would appreciate any feedback/input.

I have the same problem.

Everything is turned on, on all the busses but it only records on the A318/A319.

guys if your first install a320/321 and then a318/319 you have old version of Flight Recorder, the newest is 1.2.8 but in a318/a319 installer there is an older version :) so, first a318 then a320 to install :)

guys if your first install a320/321 and then a318/319 you have old version of Flight Recorder, the newest is 1.2.8 but in a318/a319 installer there is an older version :) so, first a318 then a320 to install :)

That appears to be correct my version says 1.2.7.602.

Is there any way to install it without having to do a full reinstall?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi darrro87,

please do not post download links to copyrighted files. You can sent them via PM to everyone who wants them, but they can't be made public here.

Thank you for your understanding.

I just reinstalled the A318/319 and the AS Flight Recorder remains 1.2.7.602. Which need to install first A320/321 or A318/319?

Add this line to your dll.xml at Users\[NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Source: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/93060-flight-recorder-doesnt-work/?p=666486

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just reinstalled the A318/319 and the AS Flight Recorder remains 1.2.7.602. Which need to install first A320/321 or A318/319?

Have you installed both SP3 versions, for the A318/A319 and A320/A321?

Post #4 gives the answer to your question, as darrro87 figured.

Have you installed both SP3 versions, for the A318/A319 and A320/A321?

Post #4 gives the answer to your question, as darrro87 figured.

I deinstalled both the A318/319 SP3 and the A320/321 SP3. I followed the directions given in Post #4 by installing the A318/319 SP3 first. After its installation I looked up the AS Flight Recorder and it was still version 1.2.7.602. So does this mean that the A320 SP3 includes the latest Recorder?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Actually I don't know. I also have the version 1.2.7.602 on my system, and I can't remember if I installed A31x or A32x first.

Add this line to your dll.xml at Users\[NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Flight Recorder</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Source: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/93060-flight-recorder-doesnt-work/?p=666486

That is already added to my DLL.XML and the recorder does work for the A318/A319 but not for the A320/A321

MOD EDIT: Deleted download links of copyrighted files.
just copy this 2 files to your /aerosoft/Flight Recorder

I can confirm after receiving the files via PM and replacing the old ones that the recorder now works for the A320.

Thank you.

I can confirm after receiving the files via PM and replacing the old ones that the recorder now works for the A320.

Thank you.

I would really appreciate it if you could send me those files as well.

The issue has resolved itself. I did a full uninstall of both the A318/319 and A320/321 and did a clean re-installation of both products, whereby I installed the A318/319 SP3 first and the A320/321 SP3 afterwards.

Now I have the latest AS Flight recorder installed, version 1.2.8.604.

Thanks for the support!

• 5 months later...
On 5/26/2015, 5:38:23, Tom A320 said:

Actually I don't know. I also have the version 1.2.7.602 on my system, and I can't remember if I installed A31x or A32x first.

This problem is still present after installing V. 1.31. just FYI.

Best Regards Frederik.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Frederik,

1.31 is more or less just a P3Dv3 compatibility release. It only comes with a few bugfixes.

What file version of "AS-FlightRecorderManager.exe" do you have currently installed? And what is the version of the file which was sent by PM to you and you reported to be fixing the problem?

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Hello Frederik,

1.31 is more or less just a P3Dv3 compatibility release. It only comes with a few bugfixes.

What file version of "AS-FlightRecorderManager.exe" do you have currently installed? And what is the version of the file which was sent by PM to you and you reported to be fixing the problem?

Hello Tom.

I've found out that the right version (V 1.2.8) comes with the A320, so if you install the A318/A319 first and then the A320/A321 then you do not get the problem but if you do it the other way around you end up with 1.2.7.

After the release of V1.31 where the A320 came out first you were forced to install that first (if you wanted the update asap that is :D) and therefore i now have V.1.2.7 on my PC.

As written above the problem can be resolved by receiving the Recorder DLL. and EXE from someone else but i unfortunately did not back it up last time i received it.

So right now i have version 1.2.7 which is the version that does not work for any of the busses.

Best regards Frederik

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Frederik,

I admit that this should be fixed with the next installer update (or better should have been fixed), but the workaround is relatively easy: just re-install the A320/A321 and you have the correct version back.

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Hello Frederik,

I admit that this should be fixed with the next installer update (or better should have been fixed), but the workaround is relatively easy: just re-install the A320/A321 and you have the correct version back.

I completely agree and it was not meant to be a "rwarawr why din't you do this already" post.

The important thing is that you guys are aware of it and it gets fixed at some point so other people don't run into this problem.

Thank you for your reply.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived