hi,

I'm new to this forum and Bus Simulator 2012 as well so I'm sorry for a noob question!

I have dell inspiron 5748 2.0Ghz 8Gb ram and 2gb nvidia gt840m Windows 8.1.. but still my game isn't running smoothly. it lags even in low settings. Please let me know what could possibly be the problem?

hi,

I'm new to this forum and Bus Simulator 2012 as well so I'm sorry for a noob question!

I have dell inspiron 5748 2.0Ghz 8Gb ram and 2gb nvidia gt840m Windows 8.1.. but still my game isn't running smoothly. it lags even in low settings. Please let me know what could possibly be the problem?

It is the processor. SImulator systems have to be set up for simulators and not games. In contrast to regular games, all simulators are constrained by the processor and not the GPU.

In my FSX setup for example, my GTX780 copes at full settings and transparency AA on with ease (too much ease, like 50% load at most. Any decent GPU with 1-2 GB video memory will do the job. It's the processor that is getting pounded. For your reference. I run a quad core i72600k at 4.9 ghz and the main core that FSX simulates on is almost at a constant 100% load.

Even with newer simulators that support multiple cores better, in order to run any simulator decently on a laptop, you would probably need at least i74710MQ or better, definitely quat-core, paired with a geforce (not a quadro K-xxxx) mobile gpu and still you can't/mustn't overclock those. Multiple cores, although not always used fully for simulations, help a lot with loading scenery.

Indeed, that CPU is not powerful enough. The problem with laptops is that you can't just replace the CPU. The cooling system in the laptop is built for that specific CPU and it's heat production. If you replace it with a more powerful CPU it will get hotter and the cooling system will be insufficient, resulting in an overheated laptop.

For that reason, it's always adviced to use a desktop computer to run any kind of simulator instead of a laptop. Desktop systems generally come with more powerful CPU's and better cooling systems. Besides, in a desktop the parts are much easier to replace.

Archived